Jack Monroe #483 The plans are going well, it’s the execution that seems to be lacking

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Surprised Jack hasn't come out in support of her great chum Gary Lineker. You know the one she had in her book acknowledgements.
I seem to remember she made an unfortunate comparison between lockdown and nazi policies.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 39
My eldest (sorry, DS1 🤣) had a habit of this. “Oscar, have you finished your homework already?”

“Yeah but what happened is Mrs Green was off so we had that substitute teacher remember the one from Maths last year on the day where Dan’s mum had that car crash when the bloke in the green Polo reversed into her at Sainsbury’s well that substitute teacher was in and didn’t know what page we were up to in that textbook you bought for me in September the one I lost when I stayed round Michael’s for his birthday and we played FIFA all night well I won the tournament that night and we went to the trampoline park on the Sunday well anyway so like we went over the last two pages again and then they said don’t worry you can all hand it in next week instead”

<sigh>

“Just say ‘no’, Oscar. Get off the bleeping Xbox”
My own SB cultivated an extremely wide eyed innocent look whenever he was lying. The more innocent he was trying to look the more you could tell he was lying 🤣 . Bless him. My favourite was when he carved his initials in to a piece of furniture (a Sideboard if you will, to keep it on topic) and tried to say it was my SG who dunnit. She was well under 2 years old and had no access to the tool in question (a compass out of his maths set, left at the scene of the crime), and couldn't write. There was only the 3 of us in the house, and I didn't do it, the innocent face did not work, as it did not take Miss Marple to work out whodunnit 🤔

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
My own SB cultivated an extremely wide eyed innocent look whenever he was lying. The more innocent he was trying to look the more you could tell he was lying 🤣 . Bless him. My favourite was when he carved his initials in to a piece of furniture (a Sideboard if you will, to keep it on topic) and tried to say it was my SG who dunnit. She was well under 2 years old and had no access to the tool in question (a compass out of his maths set, left at the scene of the crime), and couldn't write. There was only the 3 of us in the house, and I didn't do it, the innocent face did not work, as it did not take Miss Marple to work out whodunnit 🤔
THAT’S DISGUSTAN! 🤣

On an aside, once we’d worked out who the bully was in our year group, we’d graffiti his name “Liam Robins Woz Ere” so he’d always get detention for it and miss the ice cream van that parked up outside the gates at half 3. duck him.
---
… and that’s why I’m no longer a teacher

• Haha
Reactions: 75
I seem to remember she made an unfortunate comparison between lockdown and nazi policies.
Quoting myself like a twit to post the receipts because I forgot to come back and edit in time. Thanks to Marmalade Atkins for grabbing the original screenshot.

BF31D261-4F59-4E16-BC4D-5B4398EB6C34.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
Surprised Jack hasn't come out in support of her great chum Gary Lineker. You know the one she had in her book acknowledgements.
Yeah, funny that - would have been a perfect opportunity to swing back in the saddle as the Defender of the Oppressed.😁
OT (can't do spoilers in my phone, it *hates* Tattle): in A&E waiting to have bloods done for something not life threatening, and you cannot fail to notice that people are STILL wearing masks under their noses. It's been 3 years, ya'll.🤦‍♀️

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
It's weird that her living arrangements were low grade enough to affect her respiratory system - to the point of deteriorating her lungs/nose/vocal chords forever - but none of her designer clothing, fancy bags, shoes or any of the other several metric tonnes of *stuff* in her gaff has ever been affected by damp, mould or any of the other issues that would arise by living in such conditions. Really, truly makes ya think.
Hmmmm. It does seem odd that a person living in conditions that permanently damage their respiratory system would decide to park their money in "investment-grade" clothing and leather goods. And all her books must be filled with mildew, too. Such a dipshit, she is.
---
Quoting myself like a twit to post the receipts because I forgot to come back and edit in time. Thanks to Marmalade Atkins for grabbing the original screenshot.

View attachment 2018938
Never attribute to malice what can be readily explained by incompetence. I have no doubt that Jack saw the word as just meaning "people's community" or "folk community" and had no clue what the origin, prior use, etc. of the word was. It fits with her MO. All contexts are interchangeable.

I don't think she is intelligent enough to be making a comparison between COVID shutdown predicated on community well-being and the Nazi policy that built a stronger German Volk by creating and enforcing racial, ethnic, religious, disability, sexual orientation/identity discrimination/murder. It was a word that sounded good, she used Google Translate, and voila. Slop.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
You will all be tickled to know that there are still four copies of Grifty Kitchen at my local Morrisons. But strangely lots of empty shelves or singular books from other authors around it. Makes u think.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I've just had a very genteel tea in a restaurant in St Andrew's Square, Celeryville. Basically a big grassy garden surrounded by restaurants..

So telling that Jackie recommends places like Lady Libertine, Hawksmoor, Dishoom. All in the square along with Bread Street, The Ivy, wagamama, wahaca, etc.

Not one independent place amongst them. Nice though, but... There's a whole world of incredible food in Edinburgh, but she only knows the Chain ones.

And all right next to her flatshare-aparthotel.

Dipstick

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
May I introduce you to Jack's (probably not gifted) neon sign... "Let's hang something cool here"?
That bleeping neon sign gave me The Rage. Like she’s giving a little oh-look-at-me-doing-irony. I hate it nearly as much as those fake driftwood signs in every bastarding holiday let in the town where I live ‘Sandy Toes, Salty Kisses’ making me want to lob a brick through the window. I’m breathing quite heavily now, as recently I was behind a car that a ‘Nana To Be On Board’ sticker and if I hadn’t had a colleague in my car I swear I think I would driven the smug cow off the road. God. Sorry, ninnies, I am ok really and not a violent person at all.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
I realise this is old news but I fell asleep and never ended up posting this the other night re: Jack's Times Radio appearance.

Jack: I don't put calories on my recipes due to the long-term trauma of the worst ED in history (whilst looking a normal size in photos from that time)
Also Jack: Yes I'd love to come on your radio show and talk about weight loss pills, it's not at all triggering

bleep

For the sweary cross-stitchers, check out Profanity Embroidery Group (PEG) if you are not already familiar with them.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Yes, and shortly after she said someone saying shekels could be seen as 'anti-semetic' because shekels is what Israelis call money. It isn't.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
That bleeping neon sign gave me The Rage. Like she’s giving a little oh-look-at-me-doing-irony. I hate it nearly as much as those fake driftwood signs in every bastarding holiday let in the town where I live ‘Sandy Toes, Salty Kisses’ making me want to lob a brick through the window. I’m breathing quite heavily now, as recently I was behind a car that a ‘Nana To Be On Board’ sticker and if I hadn’t had a colleague in my car I swear I think I would driven the smug cow off the road. God. Sorry, ninnies, I am ok really and not a violent person at all.
Whenever I see a sticker with ‘powered by fairy dust’ I want to slash their tyres.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
My favourite signs are things like 'EAT' in the kitchen. Like nah, really? I was planning on shitting until I saw the sign.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Never attribute to malice what can be readily explained by incompetence. I have no doubt that Jack saw the word as just meaning "people's community" or "folk community" and had no clue what the origin, prior use, etc. of the word was. It fits with her MO. All contexts are interchangeable.

I don't think she is intelligent enough to be making a comparison between COVID shutdown predicated on community well-being and the Nazi policy that built a stronger German Volk by creating and enforcing racial, ethnic, religious, disability, sexual orientation/identity discrimination/murder. It was a word that sounded good, she used Google Translate, and voila. Slop.
I think she was jumping on the bandwagon of people who were pointing out that the poster showed a women cleaning, looking after kids and cooking. Others were saying kinder kirche küche etc

Reactions: 26

It didn't even get as far as Google translate. Jack read it somewhere and tried, as she often does, to pass it off as her own.

Although with Jack's history of lecturing dinner parties about she was taking field trips to Flanders or somewhere (and everyone laughed at her because she hadn't been to university) I would have thought she would be able to identify the slogan - it is as well known as Kinder, kucher, kirche.

Jack continually shows her ignorance of social and political matters.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
THAT’S DISGUSTAN! 🤣

On an aside, once we’d worked out who the bully was in our year group, we’d graffiti his name “Liam Robins Woz Ere” so he’d always get detention for it and miss the ice cream van that parked up outside the gates at half 3. duck him.
---
… and that’s why I’m no longer a teacher
It was was bleeping one of ye's!
bleeping discusted by the whole affair tbh, I mean no kids should poo in their own lav, or be allowed to have an existence outwith of their Mamapapa 🚽

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.