Jack Monroe #483 The plans are going well, it’s the execution that seems to be lacking

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She was asked about ‘fuelling the reserve tank’ and couldn‘t remember what she’d said. Got really defensive and said that she’d written the book 3 years ago and had written another two books since. Surely she knew that KdW would be asking her about this book because she hadn’t published Grifty as planned. She could have read it in the train or something.
I get interviewed sometimes and I always ask for a list of the questions so I can prepare. But she just rolls out of bed to do hers doesn't she. I guess she doesn't care that she sounds stupid

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Yet she is desperate to buy where damp and mouls costs will be on her to sort. My SIL has a beautiful victorian that has mould due to problems with the structure. She has to pay ££££ to fix it. She wishes her food looked that good.

Reactions: 20
I spotted this description of Soho Farmhouse in the Financial Times yesterday:

Screenshot 2023-03-10 at 10.06.04.png

(source: ft.com)

Perhaps "booulevaaard" was Jack's audition to become a redcoat?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Yet she is desperate to buy where damp and mouls costs will be on her to sort. My SIL has a beautiful victorian that has mould due to problems with the structure. She has to pay ££££ to fix it. She wishes her food looked that good.
This is the thing mold and damp is a problem in a lot of British homes just cos of ventilation, but there’s a HUGE difference between that and some of the black mold issues in social housing or private rentals that are causing very real health issues for tiny toddlers and adults. It’s so vile to leave it open to interpretation, like I get a bit of mold on my window seals if I don’t air the house out in winter and dry all our clothes inside versus a mum whose toddler died from black mold inhalation are two very different ends of the spectrum.

She’s vile and I’m so glad she’s been cursed with that awful nose and voice and migrated filler mess of a face because it reflects her soul. What a disgusting liar.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 78
Morning Frauen 👋 for some perverse reason I listened to the Times Radio thing. Her voice is deteriorating. Fucksake what an empty vessel she is.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
She was asked about ‘fuelling the reserve tank’ and couldn‘t remember what she’d said. Got really defensive and said that she’d written the book 3 years ago and had written another two books since. Surely she knew that KdW would be asking her about this book because she hadn’t published Grifty as planned. She could have read it in the train or something.
If you've developed a theory, (not plagiarised it) and published it, you can generally remember what at the least the basics of it were. Can't you?

• Haha
Reactions: 47
If you've developed a theory, (not plagiarised it) and published it, you can generally remember what at the least the basics of it were. Can't you?
Exactly. It was supposed to be her coping strategies in Good Food for Bad Days, what constantly gets her through. And she couldn't even wing it

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Sorry to bring up my non-honourary singular PhD, but yeah absolutely this. Haven't worked in that field for 15 years but if you asked me about it, the rusty cogs would be turning and I would at least be able to answer basic questions without embarrassment.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
It you can't fit multiple sideboards in to, it's poverty housing, innit.

If it's not a sprawling detached property by the sea, it's poverty housing, innit.

I've no doubt she actually believes some of the tit she peddles. Whichever way you look at it, it's an insult to the many people who do live in those circumstances.
She's talking tit. I grew up in substandard housing. We had single glazing, no central heating and mould crawling up the walls. There was also a fire one year and smoke damage following that. Our flat was in an urban shithole and surrounded by constant traffic. By rights we ought to have severe respiratory issues (well my brother has asthma). My siblings and I don't sound like Honk. My sister has a deviated septum and she doesn't sound like Honk and that inclydes pre surgery. I have a child with chronic lung disease who doesn't sound like that. My friends children with CF don't sound like that. My uncle with enlarged tonsils doesn't sound like. I also know someone with a broken nose and they don't sound like that, their nose has a big kink in it though from the break. They all sound normal. I know that is all anecdotal but the only time I've ever heard anyone sound remotely like Honk is when they have a heavy cold.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Why did she not take photographs of the damp and mould in these properties? There has never been a picture as evidence, not a single one.
The lying is founded and coated with Jacks extra level of delusion.
Something like look pal as is abundantly clear by this wrapping paper and the sideboard needed to stack them on I'm a serious photographer who makes pap and decay look like a mouth watering treat in every frame, you think I can't make a crumbling hovel look like a desirable residence with the same painstaking skill?
Just out of shot the chipboard was swelling with menace you will never comprehend.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
‘‘Twas me, dear heart! It was flippin’ delicious. I recognise that menu, it was the same place @SharkAttack 🍉. You have excellent taste in pubs. Hope the hangover isn’t too bad today. Perhaps some slop will help?
Anyway, here is a pic of said pumble, which was very well behaved and did not gain sentience in that charming little corner of REDACTED in London Town.
View attachment 2017655
Is it a pumble if it doesn't look like it's trying to kill you Chernobyl Blob style? I hope Jack hasn't inspired a pumble uprising. That would be dire.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Absolutely gross that she's gonna be talking about 'food and social justice' where her only experience is boo hoo I was on benefits very briefly 10 years ago. Get Diane Purkiss on who literally wrote the book on the social history of food which is about class. Jack is a middle class mic hogging bore.
BIB for Thread Title! “A middle class mic hogging bore.”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I get interviewed sometimes and I always ask for a list of the questions so I can prepare. But she just rolls out of bed to do hers doesn't she. I guess she doesn't care that she sounds stupid
She’ll do that from now on; once she’s read this.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.