Jack Monroe #483 The plans are going well, it’s the execution that seems to be lacking

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mithering like a proper ninnie here if Atomic Shrimp on that there utube has put his pound a day food challenge up to £1.37 after failing on £1 and working out the food inflation % will Jack's £20.00 shop now be £27.40 a week .
I know it's always £20.00 ( see her previous answers).
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. 18 Pot Noodles. 3 a day, go to the grandparents for Sunday roast, and at the end of every month spend that saved £8 on a nice bottle of wine for you all (take empty home to use as rolling pin, lamp, dildo).

Stick that up your niche, Monroe!*

(*not the bottle)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
She was asked about ‘fuelling the reserve tank’ and couldn‘t remember what she’d said. Got really defensive and said that she’d written the book 3 years ago and had written another two books since. Surely she knew that KdW would be asking her about this book because she hadn’t published Grifty as planned. She could have read it in the train or something.
As she's an alcoholic (recovering?) most of what she has written, cooked and eaten over the years will be a haze of whisky and tramadol. No surprise she can't remember any of it, or that she writes nonsensical recipes that don't work. Too much sauce.

Reactions: 29
As she's an alcoholic (recovering?) most of what she has written, cooked and eaten over the years will be a haze of whisky and tramadol. No surprise she can't remember any of it, or that she writes nonsensical recipes that don't work. Too much sauce.
Ironically, she’s the one component that needs rinsing.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Surprised Jack hasn't come out in support of her great chum Gary Lineker. You know the one she had in her book acknowledgements.

• Haha
Reactions: 79
Do we think Jack has mixed up 'scar' and 'scab' here perhaps?
Who knows dearheart, she's someone who has said that she had no idea whether she's been on this earth or Fullers at times 🤪

Also don't forget that all words are interchangeable.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
And ❄🌨

Reactions: 27
A friend of mine had one saying ‘tit’ above their toilet in protest 😂
I engraved “feck”, “arse”, “drink” onto some wooden hearts and hung them in my hallway as a protest against live, laugh, love. Some of the school people thought I was a bit unhinged.

Jackie would not get the reference.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
I engraved “feck”, “arse”, “drink” onto some wooden hearts and hung them in my hallway as a protest against live, laugh, love. Some of the school people thought I was a bit unhinged.

My daughter cross-stitches profanities & hangs them all around her place.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
My daughter cross-stitches profanities & hangs them all around her place.
Huge fan. I’d quite like a cross-stitched C**T on my wall. Might see if one of my SBs would like to take up cross-stitch. Maybe they can get a Patreon 😉

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Mithering like a proper ninnie here if Atomic Shrimp on that there utube has put his pound a day food challenge up to £1.37 after failing on £1 and working out the food inflation % will Jack's £20.00 shop now be £27.40 a week .
I know it's always £20.00 ( see her previous answers).
I love Atomic Shrimp and his food challenges (his recipes go to some very weird places in the challenge, and he freely admits that some of them are horrible failures).

The £1.00/£1.37 challenge was a serious struggle for him this time though, it was eye-opening just how much many of the basics he used to rely on have jumped in price. And the points he raised about how he just about managed on £1.37 should not be taken as proof that anyone should exist on that sort of extremely limited budget was a very good and sensible one. More sensible than anything Jack has said about budgeting recently, really.

• Heart
Right, I've got a 250ml can of rose wine and am absolutely cream crackered after lunch out with the in-laws, come on Jack, show us how you've been making maracas out of old Gü pots or earrings out of saved-for-later silica gel packets or how you were county Mahjong champion

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I love Atomic Shrimp and his food challenges (his recipes go to some very weird places in the challenge, and he freely admits that some of them are horrible failures).

The £1.00/£1.37 challenge was a serious struggle for him this time though, it was eye-opening just how much many of the basics he used to rely on have jumped in price. And the points he raised about how he just about managed on £1.37 should not be taken as proof that anyone should exist on that sort of extremely limited budget was a very good and sensible one. More sensible than anything Jack has said about budgeting recently, really.
This is reminiscent of various MP's accepting the "Dole" challenge on TV years ago.

It was very difficult for the week they stuck it out, but the long term was never explored.

After several weeks, when the store cupboard was exhausted, then we are talking malnutrition & all that entails long term.

You are a genius

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.