Jack Monroe #483 The plans are going well, it’s the execution that seems to be lacking

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Of all the stuff she’s bought I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything for SB. She even wears his clothes. The only thing I recall is the Lego Hogwarts train, which was on a shelf out of reach and I’m fairly sure she said someone else had bought him that :(

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
"Under the banner of health and human experience, Jack Monroe and Kit de Waal share first-hand experiences demonstrating that the current cost-of-living crisis is nothing new."
No. Please. The phrase 'nothing new' can only mean that she is going to rehash the poverty again. I wonder if she will include having to leave the bungamansion because she couldn't afford over £3000 a month in running costs. Why would anyone pay to hear this?

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 45
She is a master at self promotion when its just toot toot look at my grid/my tits/my tat but terrible at 'work' promo. How much effort is it to tweet 'catch me on radio blah blah at X hours'? Too much apparently. Did she ever do promo or is this a victory for the people holding her to account who'd ask the media why they're platforming a proven liar who abuses the goodwill of supporters?

• Heart
Reactions: 30
If I had £6000 tax free coming in every month I’d probably have all the stuff too 🙁
Interesting point. One needs to respect money, so that the slave and master *ie, who is whom* are clear.

In my life I'd rather be respected than liked, though I love being liked and loved.

I require my money (and time) to adopt a similar role.

Jack misread the recipe, of course.
---
This article implies that Kit de Waal and Jack will be appearing together at the Cambridge Literary Festival. For the life of me, I can't understand why K de W hasn't seen through her nonsense yet.

"Under the banner of health and human experience, Jack Monroe and Kit de Waal share first-hand experiences demonstrating that the current cost-of-living crisis is nothing new."

https://www.cambridgeindependent.co...val-celebrates-20-years-with-celebri-9300947/
Follow the money, they say. There is always a benefit to the complicit parties; what is it here? Wooh, asking the cynical questions

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
you can't seem to rewind on the Times Radio website while the show's still on air, but I will report back at 10am when the Breakfast show has finished.

(what was that about Murdoch owned press?)
(it takes a while to process it seems, I will check sporadically)

Reactions: 22
Chef and activist my arse.
I know of someone who was a (self described) activist, this mainly involved antagonising and arguing with people on twitter, ending with one of two parting shots "read a book" or "do better"

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
She is a master at self promotion when its just toot toot look at my grid/my tits/my tat but terrible at 'work' promo. How much effort is it to tweet 'catch me on radio blah blah at X hours'? Too much apparently. Did she ever do promo or is this a victory for the people holding her to account who'd ask the media why they're platforming a proven liar who abuses the goodwill of supporters?
I think she doesn't heavily promote work stuff because a, she's unbelievably lazy and b, she doesn't want to put out there too much what paid work she does because the squigs might start to wake up (fat chance)

She's orefers notions of softly, gently! Working behind the scenes for free.

Obvs none of that fits with promotion of GK, so back to the drawing board for me.

Reactions: 32
If I had £6000 tax free coming in every month I’d probably have all the stuff too 🙁
I would blow it on holidays for my kids, luxury stuff for my animals, luxury vegan chocolates and donations to my favourite charities. Mind you I would be consumed with guilt for getting money for nothing. That alone would compel me to send out rewards. I hate all those knobs who donate to Jack's patreon and say they don't care if they get anything in return. They don't care about poverty, at this point they know they are funding a rich woman and an addict. I wish they would give a regular donation to someone who is actually poor. It's a pity there isn't a platform where genuinely poor people can be offered financial or material donations (as opposed to the govt providing proper living wages and legacy benefits). I know it would be subject to abuse by grifters though.

• Heart
Reactions: 47

They've asked some Guardian columnists to take us back to their favourite packet/instant foods. Including Jack's bestie, Simon.
They haven't asked Jack... although Angel Delight does feature.... and you can get Arctic Rolls from Ocado.

"Arctic rolls are back on the menu, with sales up more than 140% at Ocado. But which other retro delights deserve a comeback? We taste-test some old favourites"

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Few pages behind but is that a bleeping beauty blender in with the utensils???
It's a fake egg and no one knows why she has it.
My daughter has some because she has chickens. When chickens go broody they go into weird trance for weeks and all the other chickens beat them up. You have to separate them and put the rubber eggs under them so that snap out of the trance.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
She made it! Link here 2 hours 46

She's not on to talk about cost of living, she's on to talk about weight loss drugs to halt the rise of obesity/reducing benefits bill.

Right, big girl pants on ... I'm going to listen ...

ETA - update: I found it hard to listen to the content of what she's saying because I can hear her snuffling and snorting in the background while the presenter replies to her, and lip smacking while she speaks.

From what I did take in, she made some good points, none of which were intrisically disagreeable. And she managed not to talk about herself!

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 64

She's not on to talk about cost of living, she's on to talk about weight loss drugs to halt the rise of obesity/reducing benefits bill.

Next up, my cat will be presenting an assessment of the new lutetium superconductor and its potential use in space exploration

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57

ETA - update: I found it hard to listen to the content of what she's saying because I can hear her snuffling and snorting in the background while the presenter replies to her, and lip smacking while she speaks.

From what I did take in, she made some good points, none of which are disagreeable. And she managed not to talk about herself!
She sounds really really bad. Peg on nose

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Couldn’t possibly think of a drug that causes weight loss. Apropos of nothing, look at that weather. ❄

• Haha
Reactions: 39
It's a fake egg and no one knows why she has it.
My daughter has some because she has chickens. When chickens go broody they go into weird trance for weeks and all the other chickens beat them up. You have to separate them and put the rubber eggs under them so that snap out of the trance.
Maybe Jack sits on the rubber egg when she wants to enter a fugue state?
PhotoRoom-20230309_105347.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 61

From what I did take in, she made some good points, none of which were intrisically disagreeable. And she managed not to talk about herself!
She sounds really really bad. Peg on nose
I could barely understand what she was saying. That nasal voice and the snuffling make it almost impossible, as well as it being deeply uncomfortable listening.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 41

They've asked some Guardian columnists to take us back to their favourite packet/instant foods. Including Jack's bestie, Simon.
They haven't asked Jack... although Angel Delight does feature.... and you can get Arctic Rolls from Ocado.

"Arctic rolls are back on the menu, with sales up more than 140% at Ocado. But which other retro delights deserve a comeback? We taste-test some old favourites"
I enjoyed Simon's contribution. Tell us you read tattle without telling us you read tattle.

Screenshot_20230309_092904_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.