Jack Monroe #483 The plans are going well, it’s the execution that seems to be lacking

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She knows nothing of hardship or balancing work, kids and caring for a poorly loved one. She had at most a few weeks of being skint aka not being able to buy herself pretty things due to benefits taking their time. She is nothing more than a spoiled little princess.

• Heart
Reactions: 68
It's money to burn, for sure.
Most adults have financial obligations and goals though. And Jack has a 12 year old which makes it all the more insane to me. £6k net would comfortably allow you a decent sized property mortgaged, insurances, a car, childcare, savings for your kid, savings/investments/pensions, children’s clubs/hobbies, holidays, some clothes/homeware etc, but not all of the above AND that excessive level of consumption. This is why I’ll always be a not buying truther lol cos I truly believe that she’s prioritised that level of consumption over everything else in her life. I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s in debt for it. Like high income or not I’ve never seen someone amass the sheer volume of stuff she has and especially not whilst renting? And I know her house is big but it’s still not big enough to accommodate it all. Like she’s managed to fill a larger than avg property you can see how crammed in all the tat is in her floor to ceiling wall to wall furnishings 😱

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Most adults have financial obligations and goals though. And Jack has a 12 year old which makes it all the more insane to me. £6k net would comfortably allow you a decent sized property mortgaged, insurances, a car, childcare, savings for your kid, savings/investments/pensions, children’s clubs/hobbies, holidays, some clothes/homeware etc, but not all of the above AND that excessive level of consumption. This is why I’ll always be a not buying truther lol cos I truly believe that she’s prioritised that level of consumption over everything else in her life. I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s in debt for it. Like high income or not I’ve never seen someone amass the sheer volume of stuff she has and especially not whilst renting? And I know her house is big but it’s still not big enough to accommodate it all. Like she’s managed to fill a larger than avg property you can see how crammed in all the tat is in her floor to ceiling wall to wall furnishings 😱
This. When I was very early twenties when I first started in my line of work, if I'd known then what I would earn now, I'd have imagined that I would be buying all sorts of expensive stuff, going on holidays constantly, etc. But that's not how it works in reality. Mr Mabel and I have a reasonably high combined income. After payment of the mortgage, household bills, insurances, car, food, etc. we each take a small chunk of disposable income from what's left (the same amount even though he earns more than me) and the remaining money is used mostly for the kids - football fees, karting, clothes, days out, cinema, and holidays. That's how it's meant to work isn't it? Jack seems mentally stuck at point when you think you can have everything and mundane things that need paying for simply aren't her responsibility.

I've flipped flopped about the house and I still don't think she's renting, but someone else may be buying. Probably in the misplaced belief she might settle down a bit.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Imagine the amount of stuff she doesn't want us to see piled high behind her while she takes a photo of what she considers acceptable for public viewing 😟

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 43
I dont buy spending addictions. Just a way of excusing and medicalising greedy and selfish behaviour.

Will we get weather mithering Jack today? It's that rare occasion she can openly talk snow. A good opportunity to show herself owning the trolls by yomping about in boots with a group of dear insistent friends just out of shot.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Some Squigs are mithering that this is an attempt to reputation cleanse the GK release malarkey by pushing "Jack Monroe tin can" down the search results.

Could be, although I'm more inclined to think they might be ascribing too much thought to general foolishness. It's hardly BoJo saying he makes cardboard buses to try and magic the Vote Leave bus banner out of existence.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I dont buy spending addictions. Just a way of excusing and medicalising greedy and selfish behaviour.
It can be. Not sure if spending addiction is a 'real thing' in itself, but it's associated with some genuine mental health issues. Bipolar is the main one, I think, but also conditions where impulse control is affected. Spending too much is a classic manic behaviour. I know a bipolar man who will go online and spend hundreds of pounds on strange items he doesn't want or need, place bets on horses, that kind of thing. This happens before he's hospitalised, usually. :(

*Don't know if any of that applies to Jack. She's selfish, and it's noticeable that most of the stuff in photos belongs to her rather than her son. Makes it look as though she never buys anything for him. I'm hoping that he's not living with her full-time and most of his things are at his dad's place.
---
It's hardly BoJo saying he makes cardboard buses to try and magic the Vote Leave bus banner out of existence.
That seems like so long ago now. 😬

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Some Squigs are mithering that this is an attempt to reputation cleanse the GK release malarkey by pushing "Jack Monroe tin can" down the search results.

Could be, although I'm more inclined to think they might be ascribing too much thought to general foolishness. It's hardly BoJo saying he makes cardboard buses to try and magic the Vote Leave bus banner out of existence.
Ah, that would make sense. She has previous with the therapist’s puddle rinsed weighted hoop that she never did come back to the squig with the make of.

Re, the posts about her treatment of her income, doesn’t it remind you of pocket money? Instead of handling the salary responsibilities of rent, tax, et cetera she’s skipping off to the newsagents with pockets full of patreon to get a quarter from every sweet jar, clean them out of Spanish Gold, and the biggest duck off copy of Twinkle you ever did see.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Ah, that would make sense. She has previous with the therapist’s puddle rinsed weighted hoop that she never did come back to the squig with the make of.

Re, the posts about her treatment of her income, doesn’t it remind you of pocket money? Instead of handling the salary responsibilities of rent, tax, et cetera she’s skipping off to the newsagents with pockets full of patreon to get a quarter from every sweet jar, clean them out of Spanish Gold, and the biggest duck off copy of Twinkle you ever did see.
I'd forgotten about the therapist hoop! Gosh there's so much nonsense isn't there. The poor SEO person/publicist staring out the window and thinking "what would Jack do with tin cans that is both believable but sufficient to cleanse the timeline" *lightbulb* "JACK. MAKE SOME TIN CAN CANDLES"

1678353870218.png

• Haha
Reactions: 38
She was meant to be on Times Radio this morning. Whether she turned up or not, I do not know.

Screenshot 2023-03-09 at 09.31.00.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
It can be. Not sure if spending addiction is a 'real thing' in itself, but it's associated with some genuine mental health issues. Bipolar is the main one, I think, but also conditions where impulse control is affected. Spending too much is a classic manic behaviour. I know a bipolar man who will go online and spend hundreds of pounds on strange items he doesn't want or need, place bets on horses, that kind of thing. This happens before he's hospitalised, usually. :(

*Don't know if any of that applies to Jack. She's selfish, and it's noticeable that most of the stuff in photos belongs to her rather than her son. Makes it look as though she never buys anything for him. I'm hoping that he's not living with her full-time and most of his things are at his dad's place.
---

That seems like so long ago now. 😬
My sister is bipolar and she sometimes goes on mad spending sprees when she’s in a manic phase. Luckily, it’s usually a garden centre (you know the ones that sell all sorts of other inexplicable tat as well as gardening stuff) and we softly, gently, get her to take it all back again for a refund. Her house isn’t full of sideboards. 🤣

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.