Jack Monroe #483 The plans are going well, it’s the execution that seems to be lacking

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s Jack’s “crockery wardrobe”
(ss all from @harveydean). I’m pretty sure all this crap is still on her Insta.View attachment 2014774

And excessive purchasing in charity shops. one hundred and thirty seven pieces of cutlery not pictured.
View attachment 2014775
View attachment 2014777View attachment 2014779
Wtf.

Do you know the dates of these posts? Trying to figure out her age at the time of posting and why she's behaving like a pensioner on Antiques Roadshow. It's unsettling.

Quite ironic that she titled her book Thrifty Kitchen when she has the most cluttered kitchen in existence. I do think she has a real problem with shopping/overspending. It's frustrating to see her self-diagnose all these conditions, but she never identifies or seeks help for her actual problems.

Reactions: 43
Wtf.

Do you know the dates of these posts? Trying to figure out her age at the time of posting and why she's behaving like a pensioner on Antiques Roadshow. It's unsettling.

Quite ironic that she titled her book Thrifty Kitchen when she has the most cluttered kitchen in existence. I do think she has a real problem with shopping/overspending.
I think it’s all 2017. This one deffo is and it looks like one of the charity shop ones possibly is too. Someone who’s on Insta can confirm hopefully. (PS she was already with Louisa by the time she created this “crockery wardrobe”)
DAD2FA31-7F21-4F7B-A222-30166F95DDAD.jpeg

(Huge apologies, I’m not sure whose original SS this is). Note that this is also in the same house where she absolutely cluttered the kitchen to duck and turned it all black. This place

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
She’s wanged on (and on and on) about that for years. It’s all to do with THE POVERTY allegedly.

View attachment 2014842
6 years worth of unopened post is hard to believe. I question it but it’s not totally unbelievable. A colleague’s son 🍉 didn’t open letters from the bank for ages. He wasn’t in poverty, just couldn’t be bothered. He was being charged excess bank charges and ended up getting a lot of compensation, IIRC well into 4 figs. Made me quite cross at the time. I was opening my post and dealing with bank overdrafts etc like an adult so not due any compensation!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
6 years worth of unopened post is hard to believe. I question it but it’s not totally unbelievable. A colleague’s son 🍉 didn’t open letters from the bank for ages. He wasn’t in poverty, just couldn’t be bothered. He was being charged excess bank charges and ended up getting a lot of compensation, IIRC well into 4 figs. Made me quite cross at the time. I was opening my post and dealing with bank overdrafts etc like an adult so not due any compensation!
I hear you. It’s from this article in early 2021.

So if it is six years of unopened post dating back to January 2015, she’s also moved house with unopened post from:
Leggy’s (she moved from there in June 2015)
to
Flat where she slept on floor
to
“Dream home” House she built the crockery wardrobe and turned the kitchen black
to
Not-crappy bungalow by the sea
to
crappy bungamansion

Accumulating more unopened post all the while

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
That photo with about a dozen dishes, pans, etc, from three different charity shops, and the claim in the caption that she had change left over from £20 ?

<<Jimmy Nail.gif>>

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Jack's vast amount of tat is giving me hope. At some point I have to sort through my parent's house. They acquired a lot of stuff in their 62 year marriage (keen antiquers and collectors). On top of that they have a lot of stuff from both my sets of grandparents and then great grandparents.
I thought it was an insurmountable task tbh - but Jack STILL has more stuff than them.
How the hell did she get so much stuff in relatively few years? It is crazy. Both money and opportunity wise. She has more in her house than 3 lifetimes worth of possessions in my parents.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
I think it’s all 2017. This one deffo is and it looks like one of the charity shop ones possibly is too. Someone who’s on Insta can confirm hopefully. (PS she was already with Louisa by the time she created this “crockery wardrobe”)
Thanks. I'm always impressed with your ability to find the receipts so quickly. 😅 It's a real skill.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I know what you’re saying but I honestly think she only does this grim faux frugal stuff for her personal brand. Like someone else has said the patronising MC liberals Pat her on her head like she’s a toddler who’s just bought back a feather adorned paper lantern from nursery so in turn she thinks she’s done some work. But this is not how she lives. She’s not eating the Asda yellow sticker slop for sustenance, she gets Ocado orders. She’s not decorating her home with old tins she’s got flower subscriptions and Jo Malone candles.

As Hotes said some of the grim cluttered aesthetics is just to convey an image of what she wants to be - like a cool kitsch collector with an eye for design - but it misses the mark because she’s not and never has been that person. She’s a John Lewis hun who’ll just buy everything off a table display in store twice over.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 75
She is bascially Ross and Rachel in friends when they buy up the front cover of pottery barn. She has no style of her own only ones she pinches of others, Allergras hells kitchen look, the mumsy look, the sexy sultry saggy sports bra or lying in the garden hamock look. All someone elses all terribly recreated by her.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
As Hotes said some of the grim cluttered aesthetics is just to convey an image of what she wants to be - like a cool kitsch collector with an eye for design - but it misses the mark because she’s not and never has been that person. She’s a John Lewis hun who’ll just buy everything off a table display in store twice over.
She's Rachel Green in Pottery Barn- the episode of Friends with the apothecary table

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I hear you. It’s from this article in early 2021.

So if it is six years of unopened post dating back to January 2015, she’s also moved house with unopened post from:
Leggy’s (she moved from there in June 2015)
to
Flat where she slept on floor
to
“Dream home” House she built the crockery wardrobe and turned the kitchen black
to
Not-crappy bungalow by the sea
to
crappy bungamansion

Accumulating more unopened post all the while
She gets very lights on/lights off with post opening though. She’s either unable to open the pile or she’s softly, gently opened them all

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Every now and again I’m flabbergasted all over again by the sheer amount of stuff she’s accumulated.
“Thank(space)you for all that you do I buy”
View attachment 2014248
(ETA not sure why these two random attachments are here, sorry, but they’ll have to stay cos I can’t figure out how to fix as I’m now BUSY)
It’s the 40 squid wallpaper, how can anybody with an ounce of common think she is short of funds 🤔🙄

Reactions: 26
It’s the 40 squid wallpaper, how can anybody with an ounce of common think she is short of funds 🤔🙄
I'm thinking of all those times supportive journalists (and Jack herself) have criticised Tattlers for poring over the minutiae of her life and pulling her up on the smallest mistakes. I don't think they realise that these little things, e.g. the cost of wallpaper, are significant because they're proving a much larger point; in this case, that she's pretending to be poor while living in a comfortable house with masses of clothes, furniture etc. And that she's using her substantial Patreon donations to buy expensive crap that she doesn't need.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
I'm thinking of all those times supportive journalists (and Jack herself) have criticised Tattlers for poring over the minutiae of her life and pulling her up on the smallest mistakes. I don't think they realise that these little things, e.g. the cost of wallpaper, are significant because they're proving a much larger point; in this case, that she's pretending to be poor while living in a comfortable house with masses of clothes, furniture etc. And that she's using her substantial Patreon donations to buy expensive crap that she doesn't need.
It’s classic (ad hominem?) narc deflection anyway “oh you crazy obsessive writing down every spelling mistake, or thinking I spend £40 on wallpaper when <insert puddle/friend lie here> it’s just mad, who does that?” etc etc

• Heart
Reactions: 38
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I think saying she's late on her Patreon rewards is the kindest of interpretations. Late implies she sent them out eventually. She hasn't, despite what she claims. Nothing for almost 2 and a half years.

And yet she still takes money from people month after month with no remorse. Whether she's posting on Twitter or she isn't, she remains a con artist behind the scenes.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
If I had £6000 tax free coming in every month I’d probably have all the stuff too 🙁

• Sad
Reactions: 36
If I had £6000 tax free coming in every month I’d probably have all the stuff too 🙁
This. It's money to burn, for sure. Even the many multiples of storage containers/baskets/boxes/cabinets she has to store the actual stuff in would all add up to be crazy expensive.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
It’s classic (ad hominem?) narc deflection anyway “oh you crazy obsessive writing down every spelling mistake, or thinking I spend £40 on wallpaper when <insert puddle/friend lie here> it’s just mad, who does that?” etc etc
I'd expect that from Jack, but when it's coming from journalists I'm like 'but it's your job to be FORENSIC and look into things!' 😭

Reactions: 28
Funny to think that it’s Thursday morning out here in the real world and Jack will get out of bed in a few hours and wander around her house, slurping tea and wondering “What shall I do today?” without a care in the world.

I, myself, have so much on and I’m jealous really. Today, like most of us, I have to work (from home), then squeeze three other Important Things into the remaining time. Imagine if we could just wander about, earning?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.