Jack Monroe #483 The plans are going well, it’s the execution that seems to be lacking

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My sister is bipolar and she sometimes goes on mad spending sprees when she’s in a manic phase. Luckily, it’s usually a garden centre (you know the ones that sell all sorts of other inexplicable tat as well as gardening stuff) and we softly, gently, get her to take it all back again for a refund. Her house isn’t full of sideboards. 🤣
Yup I know those garden centres very well. 😂 When my grandmother stopped being able to travel far she still loved going to the local garden centre. I must have spent at least 2 hours a week wheeling her through aisles of plants and inexplicable tat.

I'm sure there are worse things your sister could be doing during a manic episode, though. Garden centre shopping sprees seem like a less destructive option. ❤ It's a shame your sister's house isn't full of sideboards because I'm sure she deserves them way more than Cack Monroe. JM can keep her Jack-the-Ripper kitchen decor, however. No one deserves that!

She was meant to be on Times Radio this morning. Whether she turned up or not, I do not know.
Any way to access this after it's aired? I assume it would be stuck behind a paywall even if it's uploaded? I don't particularly want to listen to Jack honking her way through another interview, but I thought the Times Radio people might challenge her statements a bit more.

ETA: Sorry, just caught up and saw the link has been posted.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
She made it! Link here 2 hours 46

She's not on to talk about cost of living, she's on to talk about weight loss drugs to halt the rise of obesity/reducing benefits bill.

Right, big girl pants on ... I'm going to listen ...

ETA - update: I found it hard to listen to the content of what she's saying because I can hear her snuffling and snorting in the background while the presenter replies to her, and lip smacking while she speaks.

From what I did take in, she made some good points, none of which were intrisically disagreeable. And she managed not to talk about herself!
Oh dear.

I had to stop listening to it because her voice is both nasal and sounding like she has a hideous cold. I was eating and it made me gag.

ETA: I genuinely feel quite ill now. Whatever is going on there, she needs it stop it.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
To be fair I can see how you'd hear the word "drug" and think Jack Monroe.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
She gets very lights on/lights off with post opening though. She’s either unable to open the pile or she’s softly, gently opened them all
Yep. Jack has opened the massive pile of unopened mail at least three times.

24th October 2020
D0B65116-B30F-4FF7-87CF-D258BC130BF9_1.jpeg

10th February 2021
Screenshot_20230309-105324_Opera.jpg

Screenshot_20230309-105343_Opera.jpg

21st June 2022
Screenshot_20230309-110835_Twitter.jpg

I am pretty sure she said her most recent ex, Mr OH, went through them all with her too 🥰

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
Well, the honk was strong with that un!
She did make some decent points however but she was definitely under prepared as evidenced by her closing statement 'they're wrong' (akin to 'there just is' DKL mince fat content). She also neglected to say that obesity is often linked to genetics so drugs may be ineffectivein such cases. She is right that it is a moral issue though, drug side affects for one thing and making people feel like second class citizens. We should also be pointing the finger at food manufacturers who use addictive and highly processed ingredients. The pills are just a sticking plaster solution from the government who don't want to lose taxes from food companies or pay out benefits.

Reactions: 35
I have tried listening to The Times Radio piece twice. I don't think she engaged with the presenter's questions. As others have said it was very difficult to concentrate on what she was saying because of how her voice came across. The Dr. they had on before her made a better stab at considering the pro's and con's. It sounded to me like the presenter had a couple of goes at trying to engage her on specific points and then just gave up and said 'OK, thank you very much'. Followed by 'that was Jack Monroe and she has a book out'.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
😬 mouth breather - does she have a peg on her nose 👃 she says “weeeerk” for work! 🤢
How can Jack talk about the enjoyment of food 🤷‍♀️ Obesity pill is getting right up in Jacks niche 💩

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Jack could reinvent herself as a diet guru easily. Her food is so foul that nobody would eat any of it, therefore the weight would fall off.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Jack in the radio commentary: I mean, I mean, I mean, I mean, it's a thimple as, they're wrong.

Please send cashsap funds for a certified copy of transcript

• Haha
Reactions: 32
i *really* did not need to hit cheese mite discourse on my grunk. while eating dinner. involving gruyere. which i was really looking forward to. while im off sick with depression and anxiety. (anxious fraus, we know how hard it is to eat when your stomach's churning!). after a stomach bug. and flu

😬🤢😬🤢😬🤢

thanks though lads for helping me extend my sicknote ✌
I was eating a salad with feta as I scrolled through the cheese mites section, and realised the connection midway through the meal. 🤢 Luckily, the whole thing made me think of eyelash mites so I was too busy feeling those moving about.
LJC. That is a phenomenal collection of Jack tit shots! Excellent if disturbing work, Vali.

If she lived twenty lifetimes she couldn’t use all of that stuff. I can’t imagine what it’s like to try and clean such a cluttered house either. Makes my teeth itch.
Just looking at her house, you can tell exactly what it would smell like. Just like looking at her food you can tell it would have hairs in it, and you can guarantee her drinking glasses are greasy and her toilet bowl discoloured.
Big Issue still do proper investigative journalism
I wish they would do some investigative journalism here, rather than ignore her.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
Jack could reinvent herself as a diet guru easily. Her food is so foul that nobody would eat any of it, therefore the weight would fall off.
She could set up one of those diet food companies where she sends people three meals a day. Guaranteed success as they’d take one look/sniff, chuck it in the bin and consequently shed pounds.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.