Jack Monroe #483 The plans are going well, it’s the execution that seems to be lacking

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think the big move is going ahead now. She may have grovelled to the Bungalandlady to be allowed to stay. This gives Jacqui more spurious reasons to post pics of boxes and unpacking and other dreary nonsense.

During her absence, she's been polishing her povver boots, tuning her beghorn in preparation for her next recital and roaming around Southend looking for more Bootstrap cock.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
“In layman’s terms, you cannot create energy. So, a ‘free lunch’ is not possible,” Erich A Muller, professor of thermodynamics at Imperial College London, told the Big Issue.

It’s only natural the “heater” will make the room hotter – but it’s insulation that will keep it warm, Muller added. “This combustion generates heat and will raise the temperature of the space,” he said.

“The terracotta is just forcing some of the warm air from the candles to stay in place and not dissipate so rapidly, but it is doing nothing additional other than the illusion of a little heater,” Muller added.

“If you really want to save energy, there are no silver bullets: double glaze the windows, draft-proof the doors, insulate the walls cavities and ceiling, and use efficient heaters – for example, ditching the electric heater for gas or, better yet, for heat pumps.”

Surprised Professor Muller didn't recommend some other energy saving tips such as, cover your windows in bubble wrap, take all your light bulbs out, put a sheet of cardboard under your bedsheet etc. etc. etc. :unsure:
I got a B in my gsce physics in 1988. That knowledge fell out of my head decades. But ackshully what I can tell everyone decades later, as I have a job working with people who will try this stuff, is DO NOT try the flowerpot heater. The pot may shatter and you might end up with terracotta and hot wax in your face. At the very least when this happens it will set fire to all your life paperwork you had on the bloody table and it will cause an absolute nightmare for your support workers. Thank(space)you.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
They would give her some to sell and she’d probably try and turn it into slop
Create your own magazine to sell, out of these magazines and newspapers you can buy for just £15. Don’t forget Metro is free, put some in a sock as a free gift!
---
Didn't you know that 'It's a truth universally acknowledged that people in the comments club are in want of a brain"
Their brains look like your avatar
---
Obvs not a doctor but I don’t think what she’s doing would fall under hoarding. The NHS website explains it surprisingly well for something I’d assumed to be a real niche?!

But she’s not amassing worthless stuff and appears to curate it somewhat and she tries her best to present it for external approval. It just doesn’t look like the hoarder houses you see on tv / I’ve seen one recently IRL that’s in phase 2 of a hoard after a somewhat recent clear out and there’s just a v different aesthetic to the whole thing imo?

Like I think hers is an addiction to spending? Her house looks far more like those ridic early 00s shopaholic shows than anything hoarding related?
I think she might meet a lot of that criteria you know. But she does seem to be able to let stuff go (so she says) I would lean towards shopping addiction. It’s all to “project” an image, too. All the old people’s home furniture, trendy Made stuff, “thrift store finds”. Because she changes her identity more than her undercrackers it allows her new avenues to magpie.

Last edited:
Reactions: 24
All the mugs who donate to her Patreon "just to support the work you do" without getting anything in return, must be so glad that their money is being used to support her terrible crafts.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Every now and again I’m flabbergasted all over again by the sheer amount of stuff she’s accumulated.
“Thank(space)you for all that you do I buy”
View attachment 2014248
(ETA not sure why these two random attachments are here, sorry, but they’ll have to stay cos I can’t figure out how to fix as I’m now BUSY)
THIS IS NOT NORMAL.
I feel quite sick scrolling through all that.
WHYYYYYY????
Stop Having Stuff At Once!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
Dropping in for a quickie!

An abbreviated version.

This is the horse, the Bechamel and DKL
That was abused by the bleep sowing no fucks
That kept the journo (waiting) that visited in the morning
That woke the top princess all shaven and shorn
That kissed the head of C4 news all forlorn
That milked the Healthy Start Vouchers story
That tossed the tale and worried Jimmy Nail
That killed the poverty campaigner reputation
That ate the Patreon dollar
That funded the crappy Bungalow that Jack rents

Cupace20230308233430.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
That's... mind blowing. No wonder she's been packing for six months. Serious hoarding problem there - and how is it possible she accumulated so much *stuff* with the Poverty? Even if most of the crockery was charity shop finds, that's still £££ because of the sheer quantity.
I have to admit that when I saw the photo of the crockery stacked on the Ikea wooden shelves, I genuinely thought it was a photo of a charity shop. Because I've seen charity shops with less crockery on sale than what's on Jack's shelves.

Reactions: 44
Obvs not a doctor but I don’t think what she’s doing would fall under hoarding. The NHS website explains it surprisingly well for something I’d assumed to be a real niche?!

But she’s not amassing worthless stuff and appears to curate it somewhat and she tries her best to present it for external approval. It just doesn’t look like the hoarder houses you see on tv / I’ve seen one recently IRL that’s in phase 2 of a hoard after a somewhat recent clear out and there’s just a v different aesthetic to the whole thing imo?

Like I think hers is an addiction to spending? Her house looks far more like those ridic early 00s shopaholic shows than anything hoarding related?
Yes to spending addiction but also,
2D2747CD-E72D-4F5E-9021-8FD8A8BEDCD4.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I have to admit that when I saw the photo of the crockery stacked on the Ikea wooden shelves, I genuinely thought it was a photo of a charity shop. Because I've seen charity shops with less crockery on sale than what's on Jack's shelves.
It’s Jack’s “crockery wardrobe”
(ss all from @harveydean). I’m pretty sure all this crap is still on her Insta.
5D01CCC8-3673-415E-9E1E-DFBBA7AD8692.jpeg

And excessive purchasing in charity shops. one hundred and thirty seven pieces of cutlery not pictured.
3D9AF40C-61C1-4DC5-82DD-745AEB8059ED.jpeg

C6326389-487C-4975-BB71-0181193F0F07.jpeg
FADF15F5-6442-4F35-BF62-00D6CF63CD86.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
Yes to spending addiction but also,View attachment 2014765
The struggling with tasks is not necessarily an "alongside" characteristic, as much as being caused by the hoarding- because of the chaotic environment making it impossible to find the things needed, eg a document with a reference number amidst the literal thousands of bit of paper stacked randomly in bags and boxes.

Reactions: 27
It’s Jack’s “crockery wardrobe”
(ss all from @harveydean). I’m pretty sure all this crap is still on her Insta.View attachment 2014774

And excessive purchasing in charity shops. one hundred and thirty seven pieces of cutlery not pictured.
View attachment 2014775
View attachment 2014777View attachment 2014779
Vali I take back any beef faced trolling I may have done about Wali’s 300 bottle “perfume wardrobe” which seems sane and proportionate in comparison

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Late for appointments
Late for public appearances
Late for radio slots
Late with book submissions
Late with the crowdfunded book
Late with making charity donations
Late with her patreon obligations

There seems to be pattern, unreliable, lazy and fast becoming a laughing stock. The silly mare thought the gravy train would last for ever. In reality she knows the game is up

Reactions: 32
There’s a reason those mushrooms are reduced and I’m not sure drying them on radiators will improve them 🤢

What’s that about 6yrs of unopened post? That cannot be true!
She’s wanged on (and on and on) about that for years. It’s all to do with THE POVERTY allegedly.

5B2E581A-ACEC-4E40-ABF6-D8A2D5983FAB.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.