Jack Monroe #483 The plans are going well, it’s the execution that seems to be lacking

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was just having a peruse of the unacknowledged replies to the tin can canterns and bloody hell

View attachment 2014189
View attachment 2014191
View attachment 2014194
No wonder she's still churning this tit out when it's just wall to wall simpery in the (controlled) replies. Where do these people draw the line? She says she spent the day hanging her arse out the window shitting onto the pavement below, do they all applaud "well done! saving water!" "fertilises the plants!" "I'll give that a go!!!!"

I'm just so confused
Lesson: How to find the socks 101
---
Every now and again I’m flabbergasted all over again by the sheer amount of stuff she’s accumulated.
“Thank(space)you for all that you do I buy”
View attachment 2014248
(ETA not sure why these two random attachments are here, sorry, but they’ll have to stay cos I can’t figure out how to fix as I’m now BUSY)
JLC. She needs to buy shares /get medals for Hoarders Anonymous. Holy duck.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
i *really* did not need to hit cheese mite discourse on my grunk. while eating dinner. involving gruyere. which i was really looking forward to. while im off sick with depression and anxiety. (anxious fraus, we know how hard it is to eat when your stomach's churning!). after a stomach bug. and flu

😬🤢😬🤢😬🤢

thanks though lads for helping me extend my sicknote ✌

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Next timeline cleanse is going to be something about recycling, the opening hours at the tip, how you manage to reduce, reuse, recycle without a car etc innit?

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Obvs not a doctor but I don’t think what she’s doing would fall under hoarding. The NHS website explains it surprisingly well for something I’d assumed to be a real niche?!

But she’s not amassing worthless stuff and appears to curate it somewhat and she tries her best to present it for external approval. It just doesn’t look like the hoarder houses you see on tv / I’ve seen one recently IRL that’s in phase 2 of a hoard after a somewhat recent clear out and there’s just a v different aesthetic to the whole thing imo?

Like I think hers is an addiction to spending? Her house looks far more like those ridic early 00s shopaholic shows than anything hoarding related?

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Every now and again I’m flabbergasted all over again by the sheer amount of stuff she’s accumulated.
View attachment 2014248
(ETA not sure why these two random attachments are here, sorry, but they’ll have to stay cos I can’t figure out how to fix as I’m now BUSY)
LJC. That is a phenomenal collection of Jack tit shots! Excellent if disturbing work, Vali.

If she lived twenty lifetimes she couldn’t use all of that stuff. I can’t imagine what it’s like to try and clean such a cluttered house either. Makes my teeth itch.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Obvs not a doctor but I don’t think what she’s doing would fall under hoarding. The NHS website explains it surprisingly well for something I’d assumed to be a real niche?!

But she’s not amassing worthless stuff and appears to curate it somewhat and she tries her best to present it for external approval. It just doesn’t look like the hoarder houses you see on tv / I’ve seen one recently IRL that’s in phase 2 of a hoard after a somewhat recent clear out and there’s just a v different aesthetic to the whole thing imo?

Like I think hers is an addiction to spending? Her house looks far more like those ridic early 00s shopaholic shows than anything hoarding related?
Yeah it’s a spending addiction Jack’s got. She just likes buying stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
It’s also where Jack gets her fat cloves of garlic and her “gluts” 🤢

View attachment 2013578View attachment 2013579
She imagines she's Baby Nigella but Nigella’s recipes work, she's professional, she's aspirational, she doesn't claim expertise in multiple areas leaving half arsed diluted ineffectual skidmarks in areas she has no impact, she's not a begger, she doesn't post embarrassingly captioned selfies of a gurning smug face only a mother could love and I don't know anything about her flaps.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
It’s just…wild. And NO CONTENTS INSURANCE because of POVERTY TRAUMA

Thanks to all fraus who initially immortalized all these pics. A bonus Chesney pic for dearest @MancBee and nice giant bleeping tv on the mantel in the Christmas tree pic, Jack.
View attachment 2014248
Just looking at this gives me a headache. It would take more time to colour and letter all of these items than it would take to do the actual effing item itself. LJC.

ETA and I would imagine that she misses most of those appointments and deadlines anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Mamapapa, please may I have a room that looks like the slightly damp guest room in your great aunt’s house that hasn’t been changed since the 1970s? Football? Minecraft? No I’d just adore an old cushion with a random dog on it.
An old cushion with a random dog on it that came from your strange sitting room with pics of the time you went White Saviouring it up in Tanzania, MamaPapa, and the inspirational artwork on the wall. You know, behind the sofa where you sit facing away from them and can’t see them.
25BD9548-2377-48E0-84C0-E8283C85A646.jpeg

“Oh MamaPapa, this truly is “a dwelling where one feels relaxed”, “a place where love and laughter flourishes”, and “a happy abode”! (Where old men have to vacuum when they come round because it’s so rank and I have a list of chores so long and deeply unpleasant that I’m amazed you don’t send me up the chimneys to sweep them with my toothbrush)”
1BE312CD-47B3-45D3-87D8-2D5F41239181.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
Random mither
Why are her sunglasses, her jewelry and her manky old sheets she pretends to sleep on the sofa with kept right next to the bed in her “son’s” bedroom
0C20787E-57E9-4A7F-B92D-AF01A73E5211.jpeg
F57E96E4-DA55-4849-B635-033450F4027E.jpeg
8342D956-550D-4AC7-AEBB-9A628785B631.jpeg
Also, when I just did a search on google to find that pic, THIS popped up in the search results and I’m DYING! Which one of you crazy kids did this?! It’s GLORIOUS!!!! ❤
CBCD8B57-385D-494B-8E50-655D66D07A51.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
Surprised Professor Muller didn't recommend some other energy saving tips such as, cover your windows in bubble wrap, take all your light bulbs out, put a sheet of cardboard under your bedsheet etc. etc. etc. :unsure:
I'm going to gently, painstakingly raise my hand to say I've done the bubble wrap on windows thing in mid winter, in a poorly insulated bedroom, behind some very nice curtains and facing no people to judge me. It worked a treat. My electricity bill that winter 3 month period was only AUD187 (this was 2019) and I was snug and smug. Sorry!

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I'm a bit behind and this is off topic but omfg for horny Jack adjacent fraus (and @Geetbo) has anyone seen Dr Rupy's latest insta reel? Jesus Christ.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I'm going to gently, painstakingly raise my hand to say I've done the bubble wrap on windows thing in mid winter, in a poorly insulated bedroom, behind some very nice curtains and facing no people to judge me. It worked a treat. My electricity bill that winter 3 month period was only AUD187 (this was 2019) and I was snug and smug. Sorry!
No need to apologize, it's a good piece of advice. I would however like to hear the learned professor's opinion on the energy saving potential of solar lights used indoors.

1678313432236.png

• Haha
As dearest @HotesTilaire pondered many moons ago back in the mists of late 2021

View attachment 2013487
That was after @Marmalade Atkins had immortalized yet another massive moving “project” involving seventysomething boxes and Jack humping sideboards (this time thankfully NOT in a manky sports bra and support underwear “sexy” way. In a world’s strongest smol pixie way).
View attachment 2013489View attachment 2013490She recently claimed to have given this dining table away too (while lying about how big it actually is and pretending it sits 14). And implying SHE bought it outright.
View attachment 2013496
Contradicting what she’d said before. I wonder if she had to “snap it in half clean down the middle” like the old one so she could give Louisa back her half before it “trotted off”.
View attachment 2013491
(@Marmalade Atkins for the screenies and @HotesTilaire for the musings ❤)
PS “Two hour discussion about steampunk and retrofuturistic fashions” is never ever not WTAF 😂
Why would asshats on the internet (hi Jack!) criticise you for having pride in an achievement? No Jack, we criticise you for thinking moving furniture to different rooms is an achievement. And SEVENTY boxes?! I know this will have already been mithered on but Jesus Christ. If I wanted to swap two of the rooms round in my house, I would simply carry the things from one room to the other, because I have a normal amount of stuff in my house. I don’t think we had even close to 70 boxes moving a family of three (now four) plus a dog when we moved last year, and I’m certainly not minimalist with my possessions. She’s like that weird puppet lady in Labyrinth who collects junk and builds a house out of junk and lives in a junkyard, and you think on the surface her house looks nice but it’s actually all just junk. You all get the reference yeah? Like Stig of the Dump but Jack of the Junk.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
View attachment 2014248
That's... mind blowing. No wonder she's been packing for six months. Serious hoarding problem there - and how is it possible she accumulated so much *stuff* with the Poverty? Even if most of the crockery was charity shop finds, that's still £££ because of the sheer quantity.

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.