Jack Monroe #483 The plans are going well, it’s the execution that seems to be lacking

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had LEFT over the New Year so missed this but - 183 books - so ... A BOOK EVERY OTHER DAY? What's she reading ... Goosebumps?
Mr Men & Little Miss books, dearheart

P.S. coming from the past, so apologies if we are now well past this x

• Haha
Reactions: 21
She's actually filling them with wax? Jesus. I just thought she was putting tealights in them.
Big D will have a fit when he reads those tweets.
I think it’s ok as long as you don’t put the candle tins in the microwave.
AC640E90-E86A-4DDE-94F9-799DC41362E2.jpeg

9BBDB02F-13B5-419F-923F-4BF0DAEB8812.jpeg
@Flivver Jack pretending that her electric kettle was a hob kettle. While rubbing her flue on the counter again, pretending to be sober after a week and forgetting to move the base for the electric kettle before the Guardian snapped the pic.
01DE4A14-3FBB-4AA8-8442-7BEA33D96C0E.jpeg
Dipshit. 👆

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 91
This is one of her big problems isn’t it, she doesn’t belong anywhere. Doesn’t seem to have retained any friends from school / the fire service, no social circle from work, not a chef or a campaigner or a proper writer / journalist. No partner she’s fallen softly, gently in love with. Her son doesn’t appear to spend much time with her, and tbh he’s almost 13 and I imagine most boys of that age prefer to spend time with friends instead of their mums, even when you don’t factor in her being a horrid narc mum. The only place she has any sense of “community” is through AA, and I’d wager most of the members of her group wish she’d go away and the rest feel sorry for her. So nowhere to belong, and no real sense of self / purpose / place in the world, so all she can wang on about is a job she LEFT 13 years ago and lying about drilling holes in tin cans. And all entirely her own fault, because she has a horrible personality, lies about everything and elevenerifes everyone constantly. What a sad little life Jack.

ETA: forgot i showed my SB this the other day and asked if he wanted to try it for dinner:View attachment 2013281
His answer? “Mummy that’s worms, disgusting”, which is odd because I thought he’d clap and declare it the best ever. And ever since when I ask what he wants to eat his first answer is “not WORMS mummy!” 😂
I just showed that pic to Mr Mabel and said I fancied making this for tea tonight.

'I'm not eating that'

🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Jack’s entire kitchen is already a complete fire hazard/safety nightmare though, so the candle tins are really just the cherry pilchard on top of the trifle.
F6C77AA8-E1B1-475A-96FD-8F7FA2F69983.jpeg
(@Captainmouse immortalizing the sentient rug)
CB80AF8A-BBD7-4DC4-AE6A-9ECC0FF7AB15.jpeg

PS check out the date on this bottom one. 4th Feb. 😂
1675F62A-BC6F-4FCA-869D-430C386639F1.jpeg
185488D8-B399-4BA1-889F-DBD5ADE4E433.jpeg

A mere 3 weeks after this “peaceful and serene” decluttered kitchen, the very same corner (and the rest of it) rammed with tit. WHAT. A. TIT. I feel soooooo sorry for that landlady.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 63
I think it’s ok as long as you don’t put the candle tins in the microwave.
@Flivver Jack pretending that her electric kettle was a hob kettle. While rubbing her flue on the counter again, pretending to be sober after a week and forgetting to move the base for the electric kettle before the Guardian snapped the pic.
View attachment 2013346Dipshit. 👆
Also, I am not smol and would not be able to reach the performative ‘eclectic’ utensils hanging over the hob. My hob is about waist height and I would not want to set my consensual perky blinders on fire leaning/stretching up and over trying to get hold of a spatula. That said, seeing as everything she cooks is slop, spatula is probs surplus to requirements…. Inexplicable, if you will.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Jack, I think your mate Gary is TROLLING you on Twitter by getting all up in your niche!
EA825031-6850-4F63-BE4D-FF9525B2782F.jpeg

Although…
Bit gauche, Gary darling.
35B6BD25-8FD0-4303-BA56-F10AA94A5AAC.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
They're not even anything to look at are they? Imagine lying in the bath staring at a row of old bean cans with the dates still stamped on and a foul mixture of Yankee candles' greatest hits billowing out. Not really my idea of a magical diy home spa.

(I sometimes re-use cans - especially the catering size ones, as garden pots. Make a few drainage holes with a drill or bradawl - DO NOT ruin a perfectly good screwdriver - and pot up a couple of supermarket primroses. I'll give you that one for nothing Jack.)
BIB - I'm creased up laughing at the image! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Jack’s entire kitchen is already a complete fire hazard/safety nightmare though, so the candle tins are really just the cherry pilchard on top of the trifle.
View attachment 2013366(@Captainmouse immortalizing the sentient rug)
View attachment 2013370
View attachment 2013381View attachment 2013382
A mere 3 weeks after this “peaceful and serene” decluttered kitchen, the very same corner (and the rest of it) rammed with tit. WHAT. A. TIT. I feel soooooo sorry for that landlady.
Let's face it, she spends those 120 hours a week or whatever it was now, just moving stuff around in her house constantly. That kitchen is a state.

Reactions: 30
View attachment 2013366(@Captainmouse immortalizing the sentient rug)
View attachment 2013370
View attachment 2013381View attachment 2013382
Did we have £75 for the toaster that didn’t exist @That Forensic Man ??
5651672C-C73E-4A9C-955D-4816F55EFDD3.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
You know, I have had some very ridiculous "Ooh, I can create this out of this" ideas, but not once have I looked at my empty tin of beans and thought it would make a perfect candle/lantern/whatever. Not even at 2am after too much vodka.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Let's face it, she spends those 120 hours a week or whatever it was now, just moving stuff around in her house constantly. That kitchen is a state.
As dearest @HotesTilaire pondered many moons ago back in the mists of late 2021

2F8C4EE3-B0EC-4820-B489-390482E1E18D.jpeg

That was after @Marmalade Atkins had immortalized yet another massive moving “project” involving seventysomething boxes and Jack humping sideboards (this time thankfully NOT in a manky sports bra and support underwear “sexy” way. In a world’s strongest smol pixie way).
8E54298D-E728-4B52-A170-2EF567356A5E.jpeg
F97B5DCE-5075-4753-98DC-8433210CD687.jpeg
She recently claimed to have given this dining table away too (while lying about how big it actually is and pretending it sits 14). And implying SHE bought it outright.
6BA093E6-3327-4325-9DC2-419A6480B7C4.jpeg

Contradicting what she’d said before. I wonder if she had to “snap it in half clean down the middle” like the old one so she could give Louisa back her half before it “trotted off”.
FB979EB5-D5DF-4B35-A59B-76753EEBBC6F.jpeg

(@Marmalade Atkins for the screenies and @HotesTilaire for the musings ❤)
PS “Two hour discussion about steampunk and retrofuturistic fashions” is never ever not WTAF 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Looking at the ‘no mental in the microwave’ posts - WTF is a scant tablespoon of water?! I know this has been covered before, but it perplexes me every time. Or do it mean it perpendiculates me? All word interchangeable etc.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Looking at the ‘no mental in the microwave’ posts - WTF is a scant tablespoon of water?! I know this has been covered before, but it perplexes me every time. Or do it mean it perpendiculates me? All word interchangeable etc.
'Scant' is one of Nigella's favourite words, just google Nigella + scant and you'll get pages of results.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Popped into town today, 1st time since Christmas and tenderstems, I made a beeline for Waterstones.
There it was, the same, singular, solitary copy that my sister has been keeping her eye on. It's apparently sat there since it shit the shelves. Surrounded by delicious, creative tomes full of enticement and promise, like a pair of Adidas 4 stripes, it just looked wrong.
Screenshot_20230308-145050_Gallery.jpg

Unfortunately, I was spotted doing this⬆
But to my surprise, everyone in the store turned around and slowly started clapping. It got louder and louder, until I was gently scooped up, tenderly held aloft onto the shoulders of the other customers until the manager came over, quietly wiping a tear away and whispered, "thankyou thankyou thankyou"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 181
Jackie? That you?
Ideally Jack would marry someone like this so they could drink up the rinsed bean juice and together they’d use up a tin of beans with zero waste (the tins themselves would be turned into candles of course).

“Jack Spratt Monroe would eat no sauce
Her OH would eat no beans
And so between the both of them
They licked the platter clean.”

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.