Jack Monroe #483 The plans are going well, it’s the execution that seems to be lacking

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I read the same books, often more than once, to my granddaughter most days so if we say I read 10 books per day then I have read hundreds so far this year, winning.
Gonna tell my friends that I'm on call to read the That's Not My ..[insert animal] series to their small humans as many times as the child desires, that'll smash my Goodreads Reading Challenge goal in no time.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
The silly cow needs to seriously grow up. What a load of tit! Faffing about with tin cans and bloody wax. What the hell goes on in her head? What is the point???!!
She must be auditioning for Blue Peter.

John Noakes etc once made an Advent Crown with coat hangers, non fireproof tinsel & lighted candles, with the expected results. 😬

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Honestly the more I think about it the funnier it is. Nearly 35 years old and faffing around making tit lanterns out of tin cans 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Grunking so may have been said before, but WTF is that sleeveless shirt/Tshirt combo?!
I've just zoomed in and the edges of the sleeve holes on the shirt appear to be frilly. I think she was going for some kind of edgy rockabilly type vibe, but as always she's aping cultures and aesthetics she has no real clue about and falling flat AF.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
They're not even anything to look at are they? Imagine lying in the bath staring at a row of old bean cans with the dates still stamped on and a foul mixture of Yankee candles' greatest hits billowing out. Not really my idea of a magical diy home spa.

(I sometimes re-use cans - especially the catering size ones, as garden pots. Make a few drainage holes with a drill or bradawl - DO NOT ruin a perfectly good screwdriver - and pot up a couple of supermarket primroses. I'll give you that one for nothing Jack.)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
I've always been surprised by the length and complexity of Mr Men tales. Just quietly
Someone in my A-level English class requested to write their extended essay on the collected works of Roger Hargreaves and very nearly got it through until someone in the department went, 'Hang on a minute...'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Still cringe myself inside-out about mispronouncing “awry” out loud when reading some document at work. (In my defence, the context it was used in didn’t make sense).

Oh yeah, Jack, err… she’s awful!
These are all gold. And Jack is the epiTOME of gau-chay

• Haha
Reactions: 27
She genuinely has nothing better to do with her time! That’s the sad truth of it. Rattling around alone in the crappy bungahouse, no job, son at his dad’s, she has to fill her time somehow.
But she has loads she should be doing. Soooo much. The VBI, the 4 blogs a week, writing her memoir (which is due out in September) etc etc 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 37
She genuinely has nothing better to do with her time! That’s the sad truth of it. Rattling around alone in the crappy bungahouse, no job, son at his dad’s, she has to fill her time somehow.
By lying about drilling holes in tins?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
If you can’t face frying with it, you can always whisk it raw with the juice from tinned fruit.

You know, just like they “could” serve it at The Ivy.

View attachment 2012442
Deluded fool.
Not you, Vali. Obvs.😁

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.