Jack Monroe #476 Avec Dangereux Dave and Les Pantalons of Beaucoup Grandes Humiliations

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would like to hear from Jack what sort of “lovely day” she has planned with £83 to last until payday?

Because let’s face it, we can all go on local walks with a packed lunch and be grateful for our circumstances but even getting herself and her son who definitely lives with her all the time a warming hot chocolate from a seaside vendor is going to be 10% of that.

Maybe I’m a materialist whose idea of fun nearly always involves spending money or maybe nothing she says makes sense, idk.
It will be a lovely day with many, many, many friends. Filled with hilarity, group hugs, home cooked brownies, more hugs, and copious cups of tea. Matt Gloss will be there with his paint charts as they softly, gently etc. Small Boy will say something wise beyond his years. Etc etc.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 69
I'd like more information about the time a foodbank volunteer asked Jack for money and she refused.

Reactions: 50
Ahhh she's so *diligent* when it comes to leeching money off her followers for non existent court cases with lawyers who work for free.

View attachment 1953744
So she has admitted to more accounts, so quite easy to move money into them and thus leaving others depleted, but not actually proving lack of funds, just hiding them. Clear as mud there then

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I read this morning that Southend United are in danger of going into receivership and out of existence which is very sad for any football club and their fans

We are all privileged to know that Jack is the biggest Liverpool FC fan that ever Liverd, wouldn’t you expect her to use her massive celebrity and 500,000+ reach to raise awareness of the plight of her lil’ local team?
Jack could buy it and do a Delia chaos "let's be aving you" "off you pop cockwombles"

Or big Dave, he's got a few £m

@WoolyMammoth please add that clause about getting crisps or her filthy shoes on our furniture, thankyou tenderstem

• Haha
Reactions: 28
She is just so thoroughly unpleasant isn’t she? You’re so busy feeling sorry for yourself Jack because you don’t have the things you think you should have (mortgage free house with orangery, spouse, unlimited disposable income etc) that you can’t see that the reason your life is tit is you. You’re a horrible, selfish, cruel person. You’ve had so many amazing opportunities over the last 10 years that you’ve pissed up the wall (or shoved up your nose). Instead of lashing out like a petulant toddler at anyone who questions you why don’t you try stepping back, doing some self reflection, and being an adult who is accountable and responsible for themselves and their actions.

• Heart
Reactions: 77
Please congratulate me, for I have found the original of chapeau, and I wasn't even trying

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
Fingers kerridge is on bbc 2 now. Making a lovely looking Eton mess.
---

Actually, dear tenderstem, in the vernacular having notions means being a bit up yourself. So she is using it correctly here. Only accidentally though, I’m sure.
Is this like how scundered means something different in the country than Belfast?

back to Jack-she has no idea how much is in linekar’s bank account. Maybe he overspends too and is left with nothing. And as for wonky thinking they are friends…..

1676201143551.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 49
It's weird to think that @Lucy Aeroplane has done more overtly for food banks this week than Jack.

On which point, if you haven't seen Lucy's post because you've been grunking and had to skip a few, I'll remind you that you can sign up for a pampers voucher for some pull up pants which food banks are in short supply of. If you could get them from Sainsbobs or Asda and pop them in the foodbank donation box most stores have by the door, you may help someone in great need without even having to go anywhere out of your way.

Don't care that it's off topic. Shan't apologise. 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 80
How do you ring-fence funds when you:
A) didn’t ask people to put a reference on their donations
B ) use the same account as a tip jar
C) get good will payments for your unpaid advocacy work
D) didn’t put a message out at any point to say you’d reached the amount you’d need, so therefore
E) if money is still coming into that PayPal account, how does she know it is/isn’t for the purposes of suing Lee Anderson - especially given he’s been in the press recently and she has said fairly recently that she is still suing him

I’d be interested to know how it’s achievable to keep money aside when you don’t know that it isn’t still trickling in, or for what purpose.

Also asking the same question/raising the same points as above in relation to how she would identify how much of other peoples money should be donated to charity in the event Mark Lewis took on her case as pro-Bono. And does she get to decide which charity? It’s all so shady.

ETA:
I’d love someone to ask her about this.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 92
---

Is this like how scundered means something different in the country than Belfast?

back to Jack-she has no idea how much is in linekar’s bank account. Maybe he overspends too and is left with nothing. And as for wonky thinking they are friends…..

View attachment 1954008
Notions is like shorthand for notions of grandeur, as far as I’m aware.

Reactions: 26
I'm just dropping in from a lovely morning with the New York Times to let you all know that "ninny" is a word but "tincan" is not. (I don't make the rules, OK?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
If Gary Lineker is anything like the rest of the population, I’m sure he’s got a bank account he hasn’t used in years with about £80 in it.

I have a Nationwide account I never use with about £150ish in it, and I don’t take it out because it’s safe there, and will be swiftly withdrawn and used if I’m on me uppers. I could screenshot that and it would mean duck all in relation to what I have and haven’t got in total 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 50
God that Wonky is so desperate for JM attention 😂😂😂

Mornin all, I have a genuine busy day so will struggle to grunk but just wanted to pop in and tell Jack to get to duck, snarky thieving bleep of a narcissist 👍

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Ate A Dictionary For Breakfast But Still Can't Spell Or Understand The Meaning Of Words Jack is my absolute fave. Bless her heart.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
yes, but you can also take a notion for something - I have a notion for a crisp sandwich which means I really want a crisp sandwich.

I was going to use one of Jack's recipes in my example but well, would have been more confusing as I don't think even wonky has a notion for any of Jack's cooking.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I've heard it used it in two distinct ways - "sure, you've no notion" = "you're clueless" / "och, her and her notions!" = "oh, she has ideas above her station". Same basic meaning, but slightly different contexts?

Reactions: 29
God that Wonky is so desperate for JM attention 😂😂😂

Mornin all, I have a genuine busy day so will struggle to grunk but just wanted to pop in and tell Jack to get to duck, snarky thieving bleep of a narcissist 👍
It’s lunacy! Imagine finding your partners account on twitter and having to scroll through them absolutely 24/7 thirsting over another random woman for YEARS. Call me old fashioned but it’s just utterly disrespectful. It’s like an emotional affair ….albeit one sided…cos JM clearly doesn’t give a shiny wee shite shite her.

There’s me attempting some Scottish at the end, In honour of Jack

• Haha
Reactions: 37
---
Just before that he was making a chicken, ham and leek pie, and he used some muslin and carabinas to drain the veg wrap up some herbs and infuse the stock. He then gave a shout out to his Aunty Jenny as he was using her funeral chicken gravy recipe.

The show was based around helping families feel more confident cooking from scratch/improve their wellbeing. They did tests before and after and all the families came out better for it. It was so lovely I was welling up (although I am obscenely hormonal so this may not be an accurate reading of the show).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.