Jack Monroe #476 Avec Dangereux Dave and Les Pantalons of Beaucoup Grandes Humiliations

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just before that he was making a chicken, ham and leek pie, and he used some muslin and carabinas to drain the veg wrap up some herbs and infuse the stock. He then gave a shout out to his Aunty Jenny as he was using her funeral chicken gravy recipe.

The show was based around helping families feel more confident cooking from scratch/improve their wellbeing. They did tests before and after and all the families came out better for it. It was so lovely I was welling up (although I am obscenely hormonal so this may not be an accurate reading of the show).
It was a lovely show, genuinely helping families. And I think his passion for this probably stems from his massive weight loss and realisation that small changes can help health.
The idea that Marcus Rashford would actually work with Jack instead of actual professionals is a joke.

Reactions: 50
Arch nemesis Paul holywood is on tv now.
The way he’s talking about laminating dough, whatever anyone thinks of him, he’s completely and undeniably knowledgeable on what he’s doing. Compare and contrast with Terrible Telly Jack “Jack, why does mince have different fat ratios?” Jack: “it just a does 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 57
It will be a lovely day with many, many, many friends. Filled with hilarity, group hugs, home cooked brownies, more hugs, and copious cups of tea. Matt Gloss will be there with his paint charts as they softly, gently etc. Small Boy will say something wise beyond his years. Etc etc.
I predict a performative AA BBQ complete with paddling pools and dancing. No photographic evidence, just barely concealed spite and rage masquerading as Toot Toot! joy.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
We’ve now got Mary Berry after Paul Hollywood - they keep scanning the camera past her washboard abs 😅 give the rest of us a chance, Mare!

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Going back to the Sophie Ellis-Bextor podcast again, she claims that at the sure start group they noticed her getting thinner and taking food home with her, and after a bit of persuading managed to get her to apply for the food bank. This is a very Jack narrative, “I was a poor smol pixie struggling in a harsh world, I didn’t think I was worthy of help, but then someone softly, gently scooped me up because I’d become so very frail”. I wouldn’t be surprised if all the women at the baby group didn’t get a private chat with one of the staff where they’d be asked if they were coping, and signposted to the relevant service if they asked for help, rather than it being specific to Jack. In that podcast she also told what I think is the truth, or the nearest we are ever going to get to it, about her food bank usage. Basically after the sure start referral she went to the food bank once, a volunteer there recognised her because she was a friend of Mamma H. The friend told Big Dave and Mamma H what happened and they came round to Jack’s flat with a load of shopping straight away. Also apparently SB’s paternal grandfather was furious with her when he found out what had been going on. So basically she had her parents, SB’s dad and his parents she could have gone to.
Many pages behind so apols, but the BIB hits the nail on the head.

Jack had many avenues of help. Her parents (for all the reservations I have about their personalities) are obviously supportive of her and SB. His dad and his family all appear to have been there for them. But she made the choice not to ask them for help, when she and her child were supposedly starving and cold, she let her pride and ego get in the way and stopped her from getting help for him. She had so many people around her willing to help, so many safety nets around that SHE MADE A CHOICE NOT TO USE.

Much of what's she says really doesn't ring true but according to her own words, she let her kid suffer this because she chose not to ask any of them for help. THIS is my aneurysm.
---

• Heart
Reactions: 54
I predict a performative AA BBQ complete with paddling pools and dancing. No photographic evidence, just barely concealed spite and rage masquerading as Toot Toot! joy.
With Valentine’s Day so close I’m expecting an I’m Going on a Date post complete with gurning facetuned selfie and the £300 jacket. She’ll then mysteriously be liking posts on Twitter while she’s supposedly softly, gently falling in love with her delicious best friend.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 65
1676202832686.png

Went to see what Fingers is up to on the Twitters and turns out he is up for some snark, although this is the only one I can see during my brief scroll, and is really quite measured compared to the flaming oil drum that is our Jackie's Twitter.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53

Jack had many avenues of help. Her parents (for all the reservations I have about their personalities) are obviously supportive of her and SB. His dad and his family all appear to have been there for them. But she made the choice not to ask them for help, when she and her child were supposedly starving and cold, she let her pride and ego get in the way and stopped her from getting help for him. She had so many people around her willing to help, so many safety nets around that SHE MADE A CHOICE NOT TO USE.

Much of what's she says really doesn't ring true but according to her own words, she let her kid suffer this because she chose not to ask any of them for help. THIS is my aneurysm.
---
My thoughts have always been that when she got pregnant there were probably some collective sighs from her parents, followed by a: ‘don’t come running to me when you’re bloody skint’.
Jack then starving her child and making him wash in freezing cold water, casts this up to her parents to explain why she never asked for help.

• Sad
Reactions: 52
With Valentine’s Day so close I’m expecting an I’m Going on a Date post complete with gurning facetuned selfie and the £300 jacket. She’ll then mysteriously be liking posts on Twitter while she’s supposedly softly, gently falling in love with her delicious best friend.
Plus later finding out how many twitter followers the date has.

It's pretty mild tbh but I'm just hoping Jack's billy big baw mood extends to replying to one of them.

View attachment 1954065
View attachment 1954066

View attachment 1954067
It's somewhat early, but "you're telling me you ain't a sue chef" as a thread title suggestion!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61

---
yes, this. As it happens I don’t believe she starved and froze at all. She only “admitted” that her parents could have helped and she was too ashamed to ask, because she was trying to align her false tales of destitution with the fact that people were increasingly pointing out that her parents were wealthy.

Her threatening to sue a journalist at the very paper that employs her is sending me, tbh. She’s clearly incredibly salty that she’s been demoted from the bien pensant establishment Guardian to the home of rAcIsTs and gAmMoNs, the Express.

• Haha
  • Heart
You don't have to pay someone to be your friend, but you do have to pay someone to be your therapist. Which is why they can't be one and the same, Jack, you absolute dummy.
She's always got a "friend" or "friends", hasn't she? She doesn't pay for any service or product, she seems to have a ready supply of "friends" on tap who just so happen to be willing and able to supply her with whatever she needs. She's got so many "friends" that her living room must be like a U2 concert on birthdays and Christmas.

• Haha
She's always got a "friend" or "friends", hasn't she? She doesn't pay for any service or product, she seems to have a ready supply of "friends" on tap who just so happen to be willing and able to supply her with whatever she needs. She's got so many "friends" that her living room must be like a U2 concert on birthdays and Christmas.
yup.
2614BC8B-120A-4E40-B476-27469A1DE517.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
'A lovely day planned'. Like 1 of her dinner parties where she pictures 400 sausage rolls but not 1 person. I always imagine Cartman surrounded by his dolls and Polly Pissypants. Same energy.

• Haha
Reactions: 61
I'm just dropping in from a lovely morning with the New York Times to let you all know that "ninny" is a word but "tincan" is not. (I don't make the rules, OK?
Yay another spelling bee frau! I can't believe I hadn't got ninny yet, maybe it's because I'm EXHAUSTED. Thank space you.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I love that she’s posted a picture of the Express supplement she’s in because she looks like a crackhead. Which she is.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
You can't subscribe to her Cookingonabootstrap website. If she means her twitter account, she is using words interchangeably again! Or is she implying she owns Twitter? ELON, WATCH OUT!!!
She definitely used to encourage people to sign up with their email addresses to get notifications of when she dropped a new recipe, she's probably referring to all the personal data she harvested that way.

• Wow
Reactions: 36
My thoughts have always been that when she got pregnant there were probably some collective sighs from her parents, followed by a: ‘don’t come running to me when you’re bloody skint’.
Jack then starving her child and making him wash in freezing cold water, casts this up to her parents to explain why she never asked for help.
Totally agree. Her whole povvo life is a huge narc rage at her parents. I pity them immensely.

Jack absolutely revels in writing about their child wearing shoes that were too small, skin red with cold, begging for bread and jam, while mummy slept rough and worked in a brothel.

• Angry
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.