Jack Monroe #476 Avec Dangereux Dave and Les Pantalons of Beaucoup Grandes Humiliations

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
With Valentine’s Day so close I’m expecting an I’m Going on a Date post complete with gurning facetuned selfie and the £300 jacket. She’ll then mysteriously be liking posts on Twitter while she’s supposedly softly, gently falling in love with her delicious best friend.
I love this particular fantasy of hers. The desired one with the massive perky blinders but also the androgynous little bro tomboy. The lesbian who gets walloped by willy for 6 hours. She can be anything she wants to be pal.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 77
Re: "circulation"
(Bearing in mind I don't fully understand twitter) Jack has 500k followers who may or may not see her tweets. View counts vary from the few hundreds, to a few tens of thousands. Did it hit 100k once?
"Perpendicularly", each tabloid paper sold is generally read and shared by 2-3 family members/4-6 workmates ie circulation of 175k translates into an average of probably at least 500,000

Tldr: a LOT more people actually read The Express than read Jack's twitter
She's also disingenuously comparing Web traffic with print circulation. I'd bet my salary on The Express' Web traffic and online subs absolutely pissing on her tit stats from a great height.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
Why if you had a wonderful day planned would you start it actively starting a row? Surely if it was the best day you would be too excited to care about ninnies. I am about to to watch my children do a workshop in their outside of school hobby. No exciting day for me.... but all the same its not all about me. I hope she does sue and lee wins and she has to have the biggest piece or humble pie ever.
I dont like Lee, be at least he knows hes a prick.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Alright Jack, I'm going to lunch with a friend now. For the sake of those of us who have real friends and lives outside of the internet (fyi that's everyone here) please go have the lovely day you keep talking about.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Any newcomers who think we're doing a mean sex shaming thing here- everything we know about Jack's sex life we know against our will from the horse's mouth.

• Haha
Reactions: 75
Is she living her best life?
isn’t she painting the new place yet?

I don’t understand what she thinks the snark will achieve in the end. I mean, she obviously doesn’t think, at all.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
She's always got a "friend" or "friends", hasn't she? She doesn't pay for any service or product, she seems to have a ready supply of "friends" on tap who just so happen to be willing and able to supply her with whatever she needs. She's got so many "friends" that her living room must be like a U2 concert on birthdays and Christmas.
Yes because it’s the only way she can think of to make her self proclaimed poverty align with her obvious spending addiction. She lacks imagination because it’s just not a credible story: no one has a group of friends who constantly and regularly shower them with designer items, expensive art, nice crockery and decorating services (or maybe I just have the wrong friends?). She needs to come up with a better fictional explanation. One that doesn’t involve a Burberry scarf in a puddle cos that was stupid too.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
When she says she doesn’t have to pay her friends I think she means she can’t even pay people to get real mates -big difference pal ! Huge difference !

• Haha
Reactions: 22
She's also disingenuously comparing Web traffic with print circulation. I'd bet my salary on The Express' Web traffic and online subs absolutely pissing on her tit stats from a great height.
Point of order, if she’s talking about the print edition, circulation is the number of actual copies that get distributed. Readership is the figure that takes into account how many times one copy is likely to be read. As ForgettyB says, a physical newspaper is likely to be read by more than one person. A website, like hers, is not. So yet again she’s being tricksy and comparing apples with oranges. Doesn’t wash here though does it Jack. We’ve got all angles covered 💅

• Haha
Reactions: 42
It's weird to think that @Lucy Aeroplane has done more overtly for food banks this week than Jack.

On which point, if you haven't seen Lucy's post because you've been grunking and had to skip a few, I'll remind you that you can sign up for a pampers voucher for some pull up pants which food banks are in short supply of. If you could get them from Sainsbobs or Asda and pop them in the foodbank donation box most stores have by the door, you may help someone in great need without even having to go anywhere out of your way.

Don't care that it's off topic. Shan't apologise. 😂
Thank you @WoolyMammoth 💕
I learned about this unmet need for night-time pants for primary-aged children, in especially-vulnerable households fleeing DV, at the tail end of the week. Annoyingly can’t say how/why (it’s only annoying because I know you mithering ninnies would actually be interested and care!) - though might be in a position to share a little info in future. But please do feel free to write to your local NHS boards, MPs, and councils to ask what they’re doing to identify and support this hidden need in your local area. The answer, if you get one, will probably be along the lines of “what? nobody knows anything about this” which is kind of the point, but it’ll help get someone’s cogs turning.

I hope Pampers don’t mind indirectly donating some packs to food banks! We might see if we can approach them directly, but have assumed that they would probably need publicity as an incentive for donations, and we can’t risk anyone’s safety so that’s a non starter.

Jack Monroe doesn’t know she’s bleeping born, she really doesn’t.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
Just before that he was making a chicken, ham and leek pie, and he used some muslin and carabinas to drain the veg wrap up some herbs and infuse the stock. He then gave a shout out to his Aunty Jenny as he was using her funeral chicken gravy recipe.

The show was based around helping families feel more confident cooking from scratch/improve their wellbeing. They did tests before and after and all the families came out better for it. It was so lovely I was welling up (although I am obscenely hormonal so this may not be an accurate reading of the show).
I wonder whatever happened to those families she was asking to taking shopping with her. Probably nothing so as you were...

• Haha
Reactions: 38
She's always got a "friend" or "friends", hasn't she? She doesn't pay for any service or product, she seems to have a ready supply of "friends" on tap who just so happen to be willing and able to supply her with whatever she needs. She's got so many "friends" that her living room must be like a U2 concert on birthdays and Christmas.
Well, they’d be similar in that they’d both have an insufferable bleep front and center, that’s for sure.
200C0DB3-3970-4922-8A4F-F22A5023562B.gif
At least this one can sing.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Quoting myself like a prize bleep. Comparing apples with apples. The Express had 92M site visits last month, with an average of more than 2 pages viewed per visit. So we're talking 180M+ page views per month.

No Jack, your tit website is NOT comparable to The Express you stupid, boring old coke hag.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Ten years. TEN bleeping YEARS of boasting about her website hits and Hello bleeping magazine. They’re not going to give you and your Grant Bovey a couple of Cadbury flakes and cover your wedding, you pointless nonentity.
D2D83286-373B-4294-B09E-FD8E30DEC801.jpeg
E877E095-66C5-461A-B1B3-EE7155F419F3.jpeg
99939208-8EF4-4249-B933-F76D89F45350.jpeg
No growth whatsoever as a person. In over ten years. Pathetic.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 79
I do wonder wtf Jack thinks she actually does to merit the attention, speaking engagements, Twitter following, Patreon funds etc? She doesn’t campaign against poverty. She’s done sweet Wednesday Addams about the cost of living crisis. She no longer writes, no longer shares recipes, just publishes a book of rehashed slop with bonus dangerous #hacks. So, yeah, what in fact does she do?

• Heart
Reactions: 58
She's not a celebrity but when Twitter asked everyone "Which celebrity break-up upset you the most?" she replied "Mine"

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 122
I do wonder wtf Jack thinks she actually does to merit the attention, speaking engagements, Twitter following, Patreon funds etc? She doesn’t campaign against poverty. She’s done sweet Wednesday Addams about the cost of living crisis. She no longer writes, no longer shares recipes, just publishes a book of rehashed slop with bonus dangerous #hacks. So, yeah, what in fact does she do?
How very dare you - She packs boxes and tweets at the same time! If you think that’s not talent, I can’t help you.

Actually, while we’re on that, why/what/how in all that is holy (nod to the crumpets) is she still packing boxes?

Does she live in the Tardis?

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.