Jack Monroe #475 If you have Eamonn Holmes, place him on top of the chicken for added flavor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t help but think that those ‘wealth calculators’ would probably be right if J hadn’t spent it all up her nose ( allegedly - don’t sue me) and on her top tier shopping habit .

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
Jack was seemingly emboldened by the slam dunk libel case when Katie Hopkins mistook her for Laurie Penny. It was one of the clearest examples of libel you’re likely to see, but very unusual for that reason.

Most libel cases are much more difficult and in a grey area. For example, someone who tweeted that Jack was a “grifter” might upset Jack and various defenders would ride in to say how awful said person was because Jack does so much for others etc etc. However, the tweeter would probably have a reasonable defence for the tweet, given Jack herself is on record in the recent Guardian interview saying she squandered money given to her on sideboards she didn’t need, and made spending decisions whilst drunk.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Dyed-in-the-wool leftie, LibDem voter all my life (what’s the bleeping point, I know), volunteer, charity donator, sponsor… but I never thought it would take this absolute Southend spanner to make me bat for the Tory Vice-Chairman and an editor of the Daily Express.

Much activism, very campaigning, many help.

bleeping idiot.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
I was at the pub last night, and I'm wondering if maybe I drank way more than I realised... because I can't for the life of me understand her complaint.

Is it libel to suggest that she's a chef? Her agent brands her as a 'celebrity chef & author'.
Is it libel to say she was angered by Anderson's 30p meals? Well, she certainly sounded fairly upset in her blog post which was full of phrases like "lickspittle fury of the Heil" (nice use of Nazi imagery there, Jack)

So is her complaint really down to the lack of an Oxford comma? But, as a newspaper columnist, she must realise that it's not used by UK papers.
I don’t even drink and I’m equally baffled.

Of all the myriad, achingly malicious ways with which the world has endlessly victimised and tormented Jack, I don’t think a missing Oxford comma and an entirely unearned accusation of being a chef was on anyone‘s bingo card as the cruel and unusual punishment that would provoke her into coming out swinging.

I have learned that the world can always surprise me, though 🤣

I‘m still fixed on the toilet humour this morning, and the phrase “did she tit the bed” keeps popping in to my head, can’t think why…

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I hate to come out on the side of the Express, but have they really repeated “a libel” if Jack hasn’t actually started, let alone completed the case where a Judge decides if it were a libel or not?
Hotes, dearest, I think you’re being awfully mean to poor toothachey Jack. Details only matter when it comes to missing commas.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
since when is being calked wealthy or a celebrity libellous anyway?!
Probably only when your income sources depend on people still believing you're struggling......

Ah we've not had toothache in a while have we?

Not got time for this now Jack, need to go to the gym to bench press the Queen. Slow your roll please 🙏🥰

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I didn't think I could have another aneurysm, but late-check-out-sing Jack is yet another.

I've cut it fine many a time with getting out of hotel rooms, and the final five minutes have always been me scuttling about like a headless ninny (not a death threat) flinging stuff into cases and sweating, absolutely mortified at the thought I could potentially inconvenience an underpaid service worker on a tight schedule. The last thing I'd do is prop my phone up next to a teacup, sit down and film a dramatic bleeping monologue before warbling Oasis into the camera 'to be vulnerable and grow'

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 65
A chef of fame, a wealthy queen, Whose food left all with a sour scene, Her recipes, a mockery of taste, Leaving diners with a bitter aftertaste.

Her rinced spaghetti hoops, a disaster, An inedible creation, an edible master, But still, she defended it with all her might, And threatened those who criticized with a spiteful fight.

She sued those who dared to offer an alternative, And basked in her riches, so excessive and addictive, She bathed in coins of gold, but in truth, She was a chef without heart or proof.

For cooking is not just about the glitz and glam, It's about the love, the care, the humble calm, Of creating a meal that nourishes the soul, And brings joy and comfort, making one whole.

But this chef forgot the essence of the craft, And let her greed and ego take the draft, Leaving her food to rot and spoil, In a world where love is the only royal.

And so, her fame became her downfall, A chef without heart, a queen without a call, To serve, to care, to uplift the world, With food that speaks of love and unfurls.

(Playing with chat got again)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
This is a really odd and insignificant thing to be getting so bothered about, so much has happened in the last 7 days and she chooses this rage tweet episode as her comeback? Fishy as f**k
Imo pure deflection

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
I didn't think I could have another aneurysm, but late-check-out-sing Jack is yet another.

I've cut it fine many a time with getting out of hotel rooms, and the final five minutes have always been me scuttling about like a headless ninny (not a death threat) flinging stuff into cases and sweating, absolutely mortified at the thought I could potentially inconvenience an underpaid service worker on a tight schedule. The last thing I'd do is prop my phone up next to a teacup, sit down and film a dramatic bleeping monologue before warbling Oasis into the camera 'to be vulnerable and grow'
I was one of those chambermaids. Late checkouts used to drive me insane.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Will she object equally as vociferously to the implication she is a travel agent as she appears to being called a chef? View attachment 1951496
What is the thing about Canada anyway?

Is it just that someone googled "CA Cocaine Anonymous" and found a load of branches in Canada?

Because if you do the same for "UK Cocaine Anonymous" you find lots over here too - including the one in Essex which has a "newcomer" keyring in its shop that's identical to the one Jack showed.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.