Jack Monroe #475 If you have Eamonn Holmes, place him on top of the chicken for added flavor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Isn’t Aslan Jesus but a lion version? I’ve never actually read the book or even seen the film, but I think there was some sort of comparison in my RE half GCSE (no really). So there was a point in him dying and coming back to life. ET wasn’t a Jesus allegory though surely?
Yes C.S Lewis was a Christian and that's apparent throughout the books. I watched the film about two weeks ago as I'd never seen it but had read all the books as a child. I was bleeping bawling when Aslan died even though I knew it was just a temporary arrangement.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
Jack has followed a boat guy. Don't know if it's the same boat guy that was friends before, or if there's something in the works.
Coming from the past with an old lady warning: oh my Christ boat guys are the worst.
Wirh love from someone who nearly lost their v card on a narrowboat on a bleeping canal, of all things.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Talking of TV trying to scare us to death, does anyone remember Threads? I actually calculated the distance between the nuclear bomb dropping on Sheffield and my town at the time. Dead, slowly, but dead. duck you BBC scaremongerers

Back on topic: I'm sure Southend has been threatened by a nuclear attack in the past, Thorpe Bay to be precise. On Jack's street.
Thorpe Bay is at risk of noxious gasses

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Fraus, I think we have been wrong about Jack all along.

How could we possibly not agree that she is working class with comments like this? Proper working class lingo, heard up and down the land.

Golly, I hope Jack doesnt fly into an absolute bate and think I'm being terribly beastly to her.

blue.JPG

bertie.JPG

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 64
I’m not being funny but that public info film is crap. I was born in the 80s so most of those films had petered out, but to me it was just terrible acting kids and the most un-injured kid hit by a train ever.

Anyhoo…just waiting patiently for a Jackie chaos 🥂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Coming from the past with an old lady warning: oh my Christ boat guys are the worst.
Wirh love from someone who nearly lost their v card on a narrowboat on a bleeping canal, of all things.
Caught between a lock and a hard place?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
So many kids films/stories were traumatic. What about the ‘fake’ deaths. Yes I’m looking at you E.T and Aslan. Why put me through all that grief only to pop up again, only kidding! 🥺
Hehe. My poor old Dad brought home a pirate VHS tape of ET. He thought he was doing a nice thing - little did he know he'd end up with 3 distraught females 😂. I still can't cope with little ET all pale and lifeless on the riverbank.

My Mum and I used to spend many a happy evening bonding over films we knew would make us cry 😂.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Prune and oat smoothie 🤢 just cut out the middle man and pour it straight down the loo 😕

I have a smoothie every morning for breakfast - skim milk and banana, or strawberry, oats and honey, or occasionally frozen fruit (as a last resort, I don’t like the seeds!). I have never wanted to ever add a prune to the mix. Just, ugh. And she’s saying it helps you go? If you need a five prune smoothie to 💩 you need to see a doctor.

And she put this in a book she charged money for!!! What next, two senokot sprinkled with sugar served on a rinsed hoop (which is what you’d need to do after a prune smoothie) 🤢
Can you deploy the sieve?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Surely it’s just a promotional circuit generic round of book plugging on the local festival circuit though? 🤷🏼‍♀️ I wouldn’t even be surprised if Rosemary had booked them before she LEFT knowing the book was at last imminent.

Just like Edinburgh last year when Jack was clearly meant to talk about the book due over a year before, now this year she can do the circuit to not talk about a book she refused to promote in a tantrum because Rosemary LEFT and Carole probably slighted her by gently suggesting her book really needed to be handed in one day. More MSG scales epi-pen chat from an increasingly irrelevant twit.

FFS What does this one want? The Stroud or Cambridge local newspaper to follow her incisive lead? Jack’s not going to be cancelled everything everywhere all at once because someone did a blog to say so (to become even more reliant on Patreons and PayPal given that she’s unemployable in any form of actual work). Jack’s on a slow but definitive fade out. Anyone can see that

Blogger clout chasers (shout out @Yel!) aren’t Woodward and Bernstein, Jack isn’t Nixon. FFS what an increasingly nonsensical pair of codependent tits the two of them are at this stage.
It seems a bit rich of her to be calling Jack out for lying and pretending to be something she’s not when before the flounce, she admitted she’d been pretending to be someone else… especially as if it was true and the person was real (big if I appreciate), it was someone with a fairly distinctive first name who had previously donated to Jack, ie someone Jack could 🍉.

Reactions: 16
I will still bawl if I hear that blasted song
On behalf of my mother's cousin, who was the person with the final sign off on whether that song stayed in the film or was cut, I apologise wholeheartedly!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
Talking of TV trying to scare us to death, does anyone remember Threads? I actually calculated the distance between the nuclear bomb dropping on Sheffield and my town at the time. Dead, slowly, but dead. duck you BBC scaremongerers

Back on topic: I'm sure Southend has been threatened by a nuclear attack in the past, Thorpe Bay to be precise. On Jack's street.
Yes! See also (or not, as the story line goes) The Day Of The Triffids. Absolutely terrifying.
---

On behalf of my mother's cousin, who was the person with the final sign off on whether that song stayed in the film or was cut, I apologise wholeheartedly!
That is an amazing fact! I love this thread 😊.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Surely, that is a door knocker on the stained glass door in the middle of the pic? Wouldn't that normally imply it is the front door? Or is there a world where bathroom doors have a knocker?! Didn't she mention a stained glass door in the gas meter saga? Is it normal to enter the house via a bathroom?
It's not stained glass. She used sticky film and pretty much used it everywhere.

Screenshot_20230210-214917_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20230210-215156_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.