Jack Monroe #475 If you have Eamonn Holmes, place him on top of the chicken for added flavor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My Dad used to say the most interesting thing about him was his name was Lav Nacinood backwards :ROFLMAO:
Ah yes, the Doonican. Sadly, this frau knows all the words to Delaney’s Donkey. 70s Saturday night telly was a horror.

As a tangent to Jack - that donkey was ‘temporarily lazy and permanently tired’ or something like that.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I love that these threads are so esoteric (but also hugely welcoming, hello lurkers) that this isn't even the first time The Worm That Turned has been mentioned around these parts.

And now I've gone full nostalgia, shout out to the time @Walkdengirl posted an image of The Place to see Giant Haystacks and Big Daddy and Bernard Manning but we'll gloss over that.
Ha! I had a chuckle the other day when tweets about The Big Light and Blackpool illuminations were posted here. And Jack asking how far South these vair funny sayings had reached 🥴. Because I'm almost 51 and my Dad started shouting that when I was about 12 😂.

We also used to watch Saturday Big Top Wrestling with Giant Haystacks and Big Daddy with plates of chitterlings and bread and butter on our laps. We were and are very 'down south'. I learned that chitterling eating and wrestling watching wasn't a usual thing where we lived as kids. No idea why. It was ace!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Those ring binders.

Siri, show me someone who thinks they are v v v intellectual but 'secretly' have a massive complex about their 4.5 GCSES.

Call me old fashioned, but if you ARE something you just own it, you don't have to show it.
---

Ha! I had a chuckle the other day when tweets about The Big Light and Blackpool illuminations were posted here. And Jack asking how far South these vair funny sayings had reached 🥴. Because I'm almost 51 and my Dad started shouting that when I was about 12 😂.

We also used to watch Saturday Big Top Wrestling with Giant Haystacks and Big Daddy with plates of chitterlings and bread and butter on our laps. We were and are very 'down south'. I learned that chitterling eating and wrestling watching wasn't a usual thing where we lived as kids. No idea why. It was ace!
I'm just shy of 50, grew up in West Wales and it has forever been the big light!

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Those ring binders.

Siri, show me someone who thinks they are v v v intellectual but 'secretly' have a massive complex about their 4.5 GCSES.

Call me old fashioned, but if you ARE something you just own it, you don't have to show it.
---

I'm just shy of 50, grew up in West Wales and it has forever been the big light!
I know. Sigh. Jack thought it was some sort of indication of her very edgy upbringing mix of Norn Irn and being military around the edges or some other shite 🙄. I believe 'frigging' was mentioned too 🥴.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I used to hide behind the sofa when the Incredible Hulk changed 🍉 and don’t even get me started on Worzel Gummidge TAKING OFF HIS bleeping HEAD!!!!
It’s only as an adult I realise the Incredible Hulk was 2 actors. I tell you, my jaw dropped….
---

WG was terrifying BTW

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Is this her home?😳
Yep! It’s her very expensive Cotswold dining table that seats 10 (or 14 if you’re making up a story about giving it away)
Jack has two pineapples (help me out here @Marmalade Atkins with the double pineapple tweet). Neither of which are for tampae (plural) nowadays. WARNED.
E1A2D3D1-526E-4ABE-8DD6-18A63DDCC27B.jpeg
Thanks to @Captainmouse for the ss. If the text’s not blurry to all of you too, my sight is deteriorating faster than a commuter’s bowels going into Birmingham New Street after a Jack oatypruney special “In Railway Parlance” (🚂😬l❤ @HotesTilaire)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
I remember being very confused when we were going out in the evening and my Nan would do the old ‘loudly say goodbye to people that weren’t there to stop burglars’ but got mad at me when I yelled ‘yeah see you later Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks’. Surely just the thought of them sat having a cuppa waiting for my Nan to come home would be enough to scare any burglars away?

• Haha
Reactions: 48
It’s only as an adult I realise the Incredible Hulk was 2 actors. I tell you, my jaw dropped….
---

WG was terrifying BTW
Haha this gen x chit chat today is giving me all the feels. I'd suppressed so much!

I actually hid behind the sofa when the Incredible Hulk was on. Terrifying.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
How could it be a "discreet" tampon holder when it's on a frickin' sideboard in the living room??? Was there no room for it in the bathroom with the Dr Pepper bottle taking up the shelf?
You know how she likes to roll all her white towels up and keep them on a shelf in the bathroom?
I reckon one small tampon is inside each one.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Haha this gen x chit chat today is giving me all the feels. I'd suppressed so much!

I actually hid behind the sofa when the Incredible Hulk was on. Terrifying.
The music at the end of the Incredible Hulk 😢 He just wanted to be understood and accepted.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
I’m going out on a limb here but I think she’s the one who does the proposing.
I imagine she does it in such an unnerving fashion, that her victim lover intended is too scared to say 'no'

Only vague recollections of safety films as a little child in England. In Australia, you get taught about drugs by an animatronic giraffe in a trailer that comes to your school though. Which is very weird.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
The Irish road safety authority went crazy in the 00s

Tbh I feel like most people aren't scared enough when they get into a car, you get so used to driving, but you could literally kill someone anytime you get behind the wheel. But I'm saying this as someone who still can't drive as I'm too nervous of it so 🤷🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
What about not wearing a seatbelt? Did you see what happened to that child size crash test dummy with the porcelain faceless “head”
I'm sure we've moved on from this but

Those 'if you hit me at 30' PSAs with the dead girl coming back to life still haunt my dreams.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
I imagine she does it in such an unnerving fashion, that her victim lover intended is too scared to say 'no'

Only vague recollections of safety films as a little child in England. In Australia, you get taught about drugs by an animatronic giraffe in a trailer that comes to your school though. Which is very weird.
Perhaps we need some 70s style PSAs to warn people about Jack. With scary booming voiceovers.

“Every year, 3 or 4 people find Jack Monroe falling softly, gently in love with them. It may seem like an innocent burger, but an encounter with Jack could lead to a Harvester engagement or even a lifetime of child support. It’s a myth that it’s just older lesbians who are affected. Straight men may also encounter Jack. So remember. If you see Jack on tinder - Swipe Left Or You’ll Be Next.”

• Haha
Reactions: 87
This might have been posted already- I'm still catching up- but her rating has dropped from B+ to this on Socialblade. Love to see it.
Figures are still messed up from her deactivation so best ignored.
Screenshot 2023-02-11 at 00.46.38.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.