Jack Monroe #475 If you have Eamonn Holmes, place him on top of the chicken for added flavor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
anyone else remember that animated one about a firefly (?) who played with matches and incinerated her entire village. I remember feeling a visceral emotional reaction to that (which I am now revisiting even as I write this) because I couldn't stop thinking about awful the firefly must have felt for burning down her town. So I spose it worked.
I remember this from when my son was small a good few years ago, think it was a space alien though. Anyway , the don't play with matches or lighters thing did work! He was forever terrified of my lighter and never touched it x

Reactions: 21
Grown ups were awful. Who here wasn’t sat in front of kids cartoon favourite “Watership Down”? awww cartoon bunnies DYING
That film was our 'treat' in primary school! Permanently bloody traumatised by that. Bright eyes canget to duck

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
So many kids films/stories were traumatic. What about the ‘fake’ deaths. Yes I’m looking at you E.T and Aslan. Why put me through all that grief only to pop up again, only kidding! 🥺

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Ugh. AM's return greeted by lots of so glad you are backs. The same sycophancy that Jack expects and thrives upon. I dislike this cult of Hellsite fame and adoration, wherever it lands.

• Sick
  • Heart
I think Awfully Molly returned because of the food fest, Cambs Lit announcements. You can feel her frustration here.
Surely it’s just a promotional circuit generic round of book plugging on the local festival circuit though? 🤷🏼‍♀️ I wouldn’t even be surprised if Rosemary had booked them before she LEFT knowing the book was at last imminent.

Just like Edinburgh last year when Jack was clearly meant to talk about the book due over a year before, now this year she can do the circuit to not talk about a book she refused to promote in a tantrum because Rosemary LEFT and Carole probably slighted her by gently suggesting her book really needed to be handed in one day. More MSG scales epi-pen chat from an increasingly irrelevant twit.

FFS What does this one want? The Stroud or Cambridge local newspaper to follow her incisive lead? Jack’s not going to be cancelled everything everywhere all at once because someone did a blog to say so (to become even more reliant on Patreons and PayPal given that she’s unemployable in any form of actual work). Jack’s on a slow but definitive fade out. Anyone can see that

Blogger clout chasers (shout out @Yel!) aren’t Woodward and Bernstein, Jack isn’t Nixon. FFS what an increasingly nonsensical pair of codependent tits the two of them are at this stage.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
This one terrified me so much that the first time I went on an escalator, aged 7 or 8, I stood with my feet hanging over the edge of the tread so that there was no possibility of being crushed. But, inevitably, the jerky motion of the thing made me fall over and I ended up with a bloodied knee and forehead...

Back on topic: doesn't the lease on the crappy bungalow run out on Sunday? So perhaps we might not hear from Jack until the moving panic subsides... sometime late Sunday afternoon, maybe?
I was caught my the knee of my woolly tights on the spikey front bit of an escalator in a department store in Manchester aged about 5. In my memory an old lady fainted as we arrived at the top as she thought it was my hand caught. I did receive a sound spanking from my mother for getting accidentally caught up on an escalator and embarrassing her in public once we were out of public, the lifting you up by the hood of your coat and flaying at you kind. Looking at it kindly, it was possibly a panic response but it does stick in the memory.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
I will still bawl if I hear that blasted song
To be fair, in the wake of Bridge Over Troubled Water, The Boxer, The Sound of Silence, I am a Rock, Mrs Robinson, Cecelia, Hazy Shade of Winter etc etc etc, I think Art Garfunkel probably bawls at just the thought of Bright Eyes, so you’re at least in good company.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
So many kids films/stories were traumatic. What about the ‘fake’ deaths. Yes I’m looking at you E.T and Aslan. Why put me through all that grief only to pop up again, only kidding! 🥺
Isn’t Aslan Jesus but a lion version? I’ve never actually read the book or even seen the film, but I think there was some sort of comparison in my RE half GCSE (no really). So there was a point in him dying and coming back to life. ET wasn’t a Jesus allegory though surely?

• Haha
Surely it’s just a promotional circuit generic round of book plugging on the local festival circuit though? 🤷🏼‍♀️ I wouldn’t even be surprised if Rosemary had booked them before she LEFT knowing the book was at last imminent.

Just like Edinburgh last year when Jack was clearly meant to talk about the book due over a year before, now this year she can do the circuit to not talk about a book she refused to promote in a tantrum because Rosemary LEFT and Carole probably slighted her by gently suggesting her book really needed to be handed in one day. More MSG chat from an increasingly irrelevant twit.

FFS What does this one want? The Stroud or Cambridge local newspaper to follow her incisive lead? Jack’s not going to be cancelled everything everywhere all at once because someone did a blog to say so (to become even more reliant on Patreons and PayPal given that she’s unemployable in any form of actual work). Jack’s on a slow but definitive fade out. Anyone can see that

Blogger clout chasers (shout out @Yel!) aren’t Woodward and Bernstein, Jack isn’t Nixon. FFS what an increasingly nonsensical pair of codependent tits the pair of them are at this stage.
Playing devil's avocado here, very briefly. I reckon AM reckons she put a lot of hard work into her blog. Not her normal line of work, presumably. Feels (to her, and others) as though many journos aren't applying similar effort to out JM. And they aren't. Cos, deadlines etc, and why rock the boat when you can produce puff pieces rapidly and they get clicks and you get your 59p/word/column inch or whatever, right?

I was wondering this afty if one of JM's 4 Union memberships is the NUJ. It isn't that expensive, and she will mention that to any journo who interviews her if she is, and you don't come after your own, do you?

ETA : not on either of their sides, but was making an observation why AM may have returned right now. Above 2 paras badly phrased, even so!! I blame Friday!

• Heart
Reactions: 42
True that, but anything that might help speed up the process is worthwhile IMO. I don't see anything wrong with pointing out her lies, especially since the publicity for Stroud is mostly fabrications or being economical with the truth. https://thesubrooms.co.uk/whats-on/jack-monroe-in-conversation-793

ETA: The same for Cambridge https://www.cambridgeliteraryfestival.com/events/jack-monroe-kit-de-waal-cost-of-living/

Reactions: 33
Isn’t Aslan Jesus but a lion version? I’ve never actually read the book or even seen the film, but I think there was some sort of comparison in my RE half GCSE (no really). So there was a point in him dying and coming back to life. ET wasn’t a Jesus allegory though surely?
Little Boogs loved Aslan and had to be removed from class in school when we watched the cartoon version due to hysterical crying.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Talking of TV trying to scare us to death, does anyone remember Threads? I actually calculated the distance between the nuclear bomb dropping on Sheffield and my town at the time. Dead, slowly, but dead. duck you BBC scaremongerers

Back on topic: I'm sure Southend has been threatened by a nuclear attack in the past, Thorpe Bay to be precise. On Jack's street.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.