Jack Monroe #475 If you have Eamonn Holmes, place him on top of the chicken for added flavor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You've forgotten grain silos.
I was always scared of the chip pan as a child, even when the hob wasn’t on. I grew up during the era when the powers that be seemed determined to absolutely terrify the children of the nation with horrific public information films, posters and leaflets on virtually everything, and the chip pan was no exception. Although to be fair due to these over zealous campaigns I was also scared of railway tracks, electric pylons, tractors, rabies, Colorado beetles, rip tides, deep water, and nuclear war. I was even slightly scared of Tufty, the green cross code man and Rolf Harris. Although history has proven I was right on the latter.
The Spirit of Dark and Lonely Water still haunts my dreams, the scary bastard. He'll be back, just like Jack on Twitter

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Any Forensic frauen about? That post from AM includes this photo, which has made me wonder... I HAVE QUESTIONS.

Surely, that is a door knocker on the stained glass door in the middle of the pic? Wouldn't that normally imply it is the front door? Or is there a world where bathroom doors have a knocker?! Didn't she mention a stained glass door in the gas meter saga? Is it normal to enter the house via a bathroom?
Screenshot_20230210_191616.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 24
The Spirit of Dark and Lonely Water still haunts my dreams, the scary bastard. He'll be back, just like Jack on Twitter
Listen, you forgot the imminent nuclear apocalypse. This is why grifters are all a generation younger than us, they weren’t suitably terrified as children. It’s all “participation prizes” and no impending death for them.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
When the first tweet drops, will we all lose our collective tit...?
Me-rail and 🍉 but I am unfortunately in an almost comedically terrible IBD flare at the moment, and am loling so hard at this. Lose my tit? Mate, completed it 😂 and I don’t need any help from a chaotic smol pixie.

Until the steroids kick in I’m all but trapped in the house, fortunately I am greatly entertained by this, I keep looking at it and laughing like a drain 🤣 come on Jack, help a sister out and do us a lovely New Flat chaos! I’m bored and in pain here.

8B5DF6D3-CDF1-4E98-808C-3B6EC34A6773.png

---

Listen, you forgot the imminent nuclear apocalypse. This is why grifters are all a generation younger than us, they weren’t suitably terrified as children. It’s all “participation prizes” and no impending death for them.
I think most of the ones that terrified me have been mentioned- railways of death, murderous pylons, quarries filled with doom- but the other one that haunted me was more reality based: children falling down artesian wells, never to be seen again. It can’t have been, but in my memory there was a series of them? Awful 😢

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
Any Forensic frauen about? That post from AM includes this photo, which has made me wonder... I HAVE QUESTIONS.

Surely, that is a door knocker on the stained glass door in the middle of the pic? Wouldn't that normally imply it is the front door? Or is there a world where bathroom doors have a knocker?! Didn't she mention a stained glass door in the gas meter saga? Is it normal to enter the house via a bathroom? View attachment 1950079
That doesn't look like stained glass to me; it looks like floral contact paper.

Reactions: 35
We had that poster in my junior school outside the Headmaster’s office next to the Colorado Beetle one 🍉 I was seven at the time. I used to walk past not looking at it because it was SCARY for a little Vali.

Animals have rabies here, but I’m more scared of the poisonous snakes and SPITEFUL fire ants that give you cellulitis infections and make you have to have giant needles stuck in your bum these days, so it’s all ok.

On topic: Valentine’s 2014 inexplicable romance onions from a (just) pre-Leggy Jack whose big ol kitchen our shitting dog has her sights FORENSICALLY set on.

Oh Peppermint Patty, the warning signs were all there for you to see, if only you weren’t so errrrr “clam struck” by faux-pov Eliza Dofuckall.
Never noticed this was written, originally, by someone else. The 🚨 started ringing when I seen the line: I am trying to be truthful

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Prune and oat smoothie 🤢 just cut out the middle man and pour it straight down the loo 😕

I have a smoothie every morning for breakfast - skim milk and banana, or strawberry, oats and honey, or occasionally frozen fruit (as a last resort, I don’t like the seeds!). I have never wanted to ever add a prune to the mix. Just, ugh. And she’s saying it helps you go? If you need a five prune smoothie to 💩 you need to see a doctor.

And she put this in a book she charged money for!!! What next, two senokot sprinkled with sugar served on a rinsed hoop (which is what you’d need to do after a prune smoothie) 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
I have decided to stop drinking for a wee while because of reasons and I'm nearly a week in.

I've kept busy and such. But a chaos, a bottle of wine and some crisps is such temptation. Bold chaos but if 'fix' it I'll delete it all again

Now if we all hold hands round the table.

Jack, Jack, if you're there give us a sign. Flicker the lights in your eyes. Tweet about Mars Bars. Pause your patreon. Give us a sign, Jack.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Have the Eastenders scriptwriter been reading this thread, Karen has just said to Jed you poverty tourist ponce

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
Me-rail and 🍉 but I am unfortunately in an almost comedically terrible IBD flare at the moment, and am loling so hard at this. Lose my tit? Mate, completed it 😂 and I don’t need any help from a chaotic smol pixie.

Until the steroids kick in I’m all but trapped in the house, fortunately I am greatly entertained by this, I keep looking at it and laughing like a drain 🤣 come on Jack, help a sister out and do us a lovely New Flat chaos! I’m bored and in pain here.

View attachment 1950091
---

I think most of the ones that terrified me have been mentioned- railways of death, murderous pylons, quarries filled with doom- but the other one that haunted me was more reality based: children falling down artesian wells, never to be seen again. It can’t have been, but in my memory there was a series of them? Awful 😢
I heard of an oubliette the other day. WARNED! Although that is where Jack‘s slop should go

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Prune and oat smoothie 🤢 just cut out the middle man and pour it straight down the loo 😕

I have a smoothie every morning for breakfast - skim milk and banana, or strawberry, oats and honey, or occasionally frozen fruit (as a last resort, I don’t like the seeds!). I have never wanted to ever add a prune to the mix. Just, ugh. And she’s saying it helps you go? If you need a five prune smoothie to 💩 you need to see a doctor.

And she put this in a book she charged money for!!! What next, two senokot sprinkled with sugar served on a rinsed hoop (which is what you’d need to do after a prune smoothie) 🤢
I mean she’s done a lot of unbelievable tit but I’m still astounded she wrote a recipe intro that implies her smoothie might make you tit your pants. I have a lot of cookbooks and I don’t recall a single recipe from Yotam Ottolenghi or Nigella that starts with a tale about touching cloth on the morning train.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
I mean she’s done a lot of unbelievable tit but I’m still astounded she wrote a recipe intro that implies her smoothie might make you tit your pants. I have a lot of cookbooks and I don’t recall a single recipe from Yotam Ottolenghi or Nigella that starts with a tale about touching cloth on the morning train.
And yet Jack also made some concoction of peppers and prunes or something in her fridge which gave her the runs that she live tweeted

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
This month I subscribed to Patreon for a nosey at the comments one evening. I forgot about it until now and wondered, with her reemergence on the hellsite whether she posted an update on Patreon (HA!) anyway, this in the comments:

510DB1FF-F4B1-4185-AAE5-D7D9172C13A6.jpeg

Note the date; 3 weeks ago.
clicked on that persons profile and:

DC40B504-0658-451A-A88E-3C42075E6CE6.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 115
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.