Jack Monroe #463 Is she on the game for Farrow & Ball?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
None of what she says here is good. How can you post that about her son and not bloody hate herself? Also 'severe concussion' šŸ™„
I can imagine the squigs' replies too "Oh Jack, you're such an amazing mama raising such a good boy. Gentle hugs."

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 47
Is this when she took 40 tramadol, fractured her eye socket, and broke her nose? Or was that some other incident that we didn't know about until the Shattenstone interview?

View attachment 1889984
So SB was there and she got so battered on tramadol and whisky she fell and twatted her face. Then had him checking on her because he was probably very scared.
That is heartbreaking

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 91
I reckon she's 1 of those hardfaced twats who call themselves hard up cos she hasn't got liquid cash she can access.
I once had an acquaintance that divulged that her and her husband had Ā£30 each ā€˜funā€™ money a week and once it was gone that was it. That was for everything that wasnā€™t a bill. I was horrified; I ainā€™t rich but seriously me and my husband would easily spunk at least Ā£200 a week on crap like Costa coffees, a new top, a meal out, haircuts, cinema trip, a birthday gift for someone etc. Iā€™m not saying that to boast, we can all spend our money as we want eh? And I had 3 kids at the time so itā€™s real bleeping easy to spend money šŸ¤Ŗ

She had 2 kids and she said that Ā£30 a week was for absolutely EVERYTHING non-essential. So if she came with us to soft play sheā€˜d pay for her kids entrance (circa Ā£15) and then bring water in bottles and her own snacks etc. Because that was half of her whole weeks budget (and sheā€™d remind you of that fact relentlessly). Iā€™d pay the entrance fee for me and my kids, then waste another Ā£15 in the bloody cafe šŸ˜‚ I felt like clearly we were in very different financial situations but we were good friends, our kids got on brilliantly, and it never really got in the way yanno? Sheā€™d often want to do free activities, which I respected and I understood why. She was also open about the fact that sheā€™d never contribute to a school trip if it was a voluntary donation, and certainly never gave anything for dress down days (feels like youā€™re constantly sending your kids in with Ā£1 for summat in primary school!) as she reckoned staff just pocketed it.

Anyways, long story short, I always kinda felt a bit bad for her in a budgetary sense, and would routinely try to do small things to help but without being too overt about it. For example at soft play I buy us both a coffee from the cafe and shrug it off, or Iā€™d buy her kids a snack if mine were getting one. Then we had a random conversation months later with other friends about the fact that her and her husband were moving from a 2 bedroom to a 4 bedroom house, and she was like ā€œYeah we reckon weā€™ll be in a position to do it next year if we keep going how we have been. We save Ā£1500 a month between our two salaries so we should have enough to not need to increase our mortgage when we move.ā€

I was speechless. Sheā€™d kept that quiet! She always made out she was skint, but really she was just keen on saving her Ā£Ā£Ā£. She was essentially just really bleeping tight with money, and focussed on her own goals. I would never put my hand in my pocket for her after that. I figured yanno if you wanna squirrel away Ā£30k over 2 years and live like a pauper thatā€™s fine but at least be upfront about it. Thatā€™s Jack all over; Iā€™d bet my mortgage on it!

TDLR Jack is always claiming poverty but she 100% has a sizeable savings account she refuses to acknowledge. Absofuckinglutely.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 113
I can imagine the squigs' replies too "Oh Jack, you're such an amazing mama raising such a good boy. Gentle hugs."
If it was really that bad she should have been reported to social services. I feel so sorry for SB.
It's not being in poverty that would get your son taken away from you, Jack, it's being a terrible narc drug addict. She's so bleeping selfish it makes my brain explode

• Sad
Reactions: 55
Probably same one embellished for effect.

From recollection there was v little by way of swelling around that eye. And I've never seen a silver bruise before.
And her nose wasn't even slightly bruised. No way was it broken.

So that's another clear lie she told in that interview. So much for coming clean, Jack.

Reactions: 43
It pisses me off that she stuck around for years after Jack created and posted that horrendous chore chart for her 8 year old son TBH. I know we are all different but Iā€™d have been out the bleeping door calling the appropriate family members and whoever else I needed to report it to on the way, not moving into a crappy bungamansion with her and getting engaged to her a year later. Who the duck does this to their young child and publicly humiliates him in this way?!

Seriously, THIS is not a massive red flag in a partner less than a year in and before the major commitments of rings and leases?! It would be for me.
View attachment 1889971
View attachment 1889970
As it was, Jack publicly told everyone that among ā€œSBā€s jobs were: deal with the dirty towels, wipe the handles, door, sink, shower etc in the bathroom, including picking up and cleaning under the mats, plus to empty the bins in the bathroom and toilet (and so by implication clearing up ā€œtheirā€ mess when LJC stayed over) as well as opening her bedroom curtains and wiping her bedroom door handles etc etc. FFS.
(Screenies @VeniVidiVicki)

View attachment 1889932

FUUUUUUUCK YOU, JACK!!!
Sheā€™s a lazy bleep isnā€™t she. Boy does it all in the one day a week heā€™s there. Thatā€™s why she has never gotten a cleaner.
I mean I agree that kids need some kind of responsibility around the house. My kids have the responsibility of making sure the dining room is tidy and clean after the evening meal. (And of course their rooms as I draw the line at that!) but this is excessive. Proof she doesnā€™t have him full time or she would see this is inappropriate.

• Sad
Reactions: 38
So SB was there and she got so battered on tramadol and whisky she fell and twatted her face. Then had him checking on her because he was probably very scared.
That is heartbreaking
Awful

my father was an alcoholic. He ultimately was in recovery for many years and he was addiction aside, a kind man. He lived with us until my parents divorced when I was 6. Lots of things happened that terrified me however during those years and you live in a confused state of constant anxiety and I still remember it all vividly. I get upset even now by people shouting. If all this actually happened then it's horrific IMO

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 79
I havenā€™t put two and two together until now, but sheā€™s basically saying she knowingly took a massive OD whilst SB was in the house. She ā€˜didnā€™t care if she diedā€™, and she clearly didnā€™t give a tit about SB either. I thought I couldnā€™t dislike her any more, but it turns out - I can!
Is this when she took 40 tramadol, fractured her eye socket, and broke her nose? Or was that some other incident that we didn't know about until the Shattenstone interview?

View attachment 1889984

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 82
I havenā€™t put two and two together until now, but sheā€™s basically saying she knowingly took a massive OD whilst SB was in the house. She ā€˜didnā€™t care if she diedā€™, and she clearly didnā€™t give a tit about SB either. I thought I couldnā€™t dislike her any more, but it turns out - I can!
And she's been proudly parading the story across twitter for the past two years, and now milking it again in the Guardian for sympathy. She's vile.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 52
That is heartbreaking
Not just that, she coached SB on what to do if it happened again. I think this may be my secondary aneurysm, along with tweeting that he was in therapy which he would so desperately need if this what his lockdown was like. That poor kid šŸ˜£

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 56
If it was really that bad she should have been reported to social services. I feel so sorry for SB.
It's not being in poverty that would get your son taken away from you, Jack, it's being a terrible narc drug addict. She's so bleeping selfish it makes my brain explode
Even if sheā€™s lying about every single terrible thing thatā€™s ever happened to her, the fact that sheā€™s put it all out there publicly (and despite her dirty deletes, the vast majority of it is still out there publicly including on the websites of national newspapers etc) is a truly, truly appalling thing to have done to her young son.

The adults in her life are just enabling it all at this point, quite frankly. I get ā€œkeeping the peaceā€ but FFS fiction or not, HOW and why are they ok that sheā€™s PUBLICLY done and continues to do this to her child who, unlike the adults in her life has NO say or agency in any of it?!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Not just that, she coached SB on what to do if it happened again. I think this may be my secondary aneurysm, along with tweeting that he was in therapy which he would so desperately need if this what his lockdown was like. That poor kid šŸ˜£
And it's the fact she presents it in a 'look what a great child I've raised' way rather than thinking of it with deep, deep shame, like most people would.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 54
As someone who spent from around 10YO to 16YO looking after my four younger siblings all weekend, plus the two small children of their friends whilst the adults got smashed on booze/coke/whatever pills they could get, most of the week dealing with their come downs, and regularly had to deal with bender fuelled injuries/fights with each other whilst shielding the other kids, then cleaning up afterā€¦

Go boil yer fucken head Jack. If this is true, I hope SB does what I did when good old AOL dial up informed me that at 16 I could leave home and not be forced back - walks out the door with nowt but the clothes on his back and never speaks to you again.

I hope he does it much sooner than I did, because he doesnā€™t have the pull/guilt of ā€œI canā€™t leave because I have to make sure my siblings are fed/looked after/shieldedā€. I also hope he goes as LC as possible with all the enabling adults who stood by and did duck all.

But as ever, I hope sheā€™s lying, and that sheā€™s the most bland, boring, basic witch ever to have existed and sheā€™s merely a pathological liar and a fantasist.

• Heart
Reactions: 77
Would take my tinfoil hat off but she might nick it for her drug use

I have watched trainspotting šŸ¤£

I know wrong drug , I still wanted to use the joke šŸ˜‘
Careful. Thatā€™s what brought her to thread 31! She jumped straight here to say she had never INJECTED any drugs!

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Even the way she spends isnā€™t like someone who has been in poverty. She spends like a young middle class person who thinks they need or deserve everything.
I have friends who go on about being skint, moan moan. They spunk all their money away on absolutely nothing. Expensive new phones, gousto boxes, lots of lovely days out where they spend and spend, spa days and expensive shoes. But sooooo ā€˜skintā€™. One in particular will order afternoon tea to the house ā€˜because they need a treatā€™ and itā€™s like Ā£30 each for an adult and Ā£20 for the kids (so Ā£100 to eat cake at home).

DH and I are very boring with money and will always choose to save. However we have had a couple of outlandish holidays and if we need a new car, we buy with cash. I always price match and look for deals and really overthink spends. I do not deny my child anything though, she needs it, she gets it.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
Even if sheā€™s lying about every single terrible thing thatā€™s ever happened to her, the fact that sheā€™s put it all out there publicly (and despite her dirty deletes, the vast majority of it is still out there publicly including on the websites of national newspapers etc) is a truly, truly appalling thing to have done to her young son.

The adults in her life are just enabling it all at this point, quite frankly. I get ā€œkeeping the peaceā€ but FFS fiction or not, HOW and why are they ok that sheā€™s PUBLICLY done and continues to do this to her child who, unlike the adults in her life has NO say or agency in any of it?!
My money would be on the enablers 'trying to keep the peace' because no doubt there would be some monumental shitshow otherwise. However the bigger picture is being missed. This was certainly my experience and the legacy of that is that as well as having anxiety, you feel you cannot trust adults, and unless you have lots and lots of therapy, it has an long term impact.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Iā€™ve realised now that she likes things that she can use for her future excuses. This, in her recent likes, can be used because she told that nasty journalist 40 tram a day ā€œoff the recordā€ she was VERY clear, he just didnā€™t gaf šŸ˜
4E74E5DE-16DA-4A64-AEBA-A4EEF8B5EEBA.jpeg

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 56
I'm just reading thread #66 again - the night of the black eye - where this older tweet reappears...

This will never not make me laugh.

Jack's just finished an hour of a Hellmann's live stream on Instagram...

9CADF940-1D0B-4CCA-A2BB-94A75A8A3203.jpeg

not quite as on fire as usual

šŸ˜­

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 94
The fall happened on 1st September 2020

ļæ¼

Jack went to A&E the next day

[v/QUOTE]

Christ this is even more
The fall happened on 1st September 2020

View attachment 1889931

Jack went to A&E the next day

View attachment 1889922
View attachment 1889923
Christ, it is even more horrible than I remember it.
Firstly, as we said at the time, she was off of her tits when she smashed her face. Then she states how she begrudges having him there and what a burden he is because 'parenthood is a hurdle' then makes a big deal about leaving him with her mother. What kind of monster is Mrs H who would see it as a massive favour to have her grandson for the afternoon whilst her daughter went to A and E? I mean, I don't think Big E is a monster (she seems quite lovely) but Jack is making out it is a huge burden for her to have the boy.
Then we have the poor little sod watching over her when unconscious incase she stops breathing. IIRC I posted at the time that this reminded me of myself as a child. My narcissistic alcoholic mother would pass out and I used to watch her breathing in case she stopped.
And all of the above is in addition to the fact she did all this during lockdown when the NHS was at breaking point. People were having heart attacks and 'didn't like to bother the hospital' but she gives herself a black eye when drunk and wastes valuable resources.

ETA all of this and then SHE COLOURED IN HER EYE TO MAKE IT ALL SPARKLY TO GAIN SYMPATHY

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 86
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.