Jack Monroe #463 Is she on the game for Farrow & Ball?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Even the way she spends isn’t like someone who has been in poverty. She spends like a young middle class person who thinks they need or deserve everything.
I have friends who go on about being skint, moan moan. They spunk all their money away on absolutely nothing. Expensive new phones, gousto boxes, lots of lovely days out where they spend and spend, spa days and expensive shoes. But sooooo ‘skint’. One in particular will order afternoon tea to the house ‘because they need a treat’ and it’s like £30 each for an adult and £20 for the kids (so £100 to eat cake at home).

DH and I are very boring with money and will always choose to save. However we have had a couple of outlandish holidays and if we need a new car, we buy with cash. I always price match and look for deals and really overthink spends. I do not deny my child anything though, she needs it, she gets it.
It's usually people who hate their lives. Hate their lives, no purpose, no particular drive for the future, so they compensate themselves continually. *side eyes our clusterfuck*

Reactions: 28
Is this when she took 40 tramadol, fractured her eye socket, and broke her nose? Or was that some other incident that we didn't know about until the Shattenstone interview?

View attachment 1889984
I swear I remember her specifically saying something about her eye socket and a scan during this incident so I think it's the same one, just embellished. I also remember her giving a couple of different versions of how and Frauen picking up on that at the time, that she was covering up being drunk (or on drugs).

Reactions: 27
None of what she says here is good. How can you post that about her son and not bloody hate herself? Also 'severe concussion' 🙄
I don't generally like to chime on SB and her parenting but that's just such an odd series of Tweets in terms of where the focus is. "I hurt myself, off to A&E, my life is SO HARD. I'm VERY ill, I could DIE. But I'll probably be okay. BTW my son thought I was dead. LOL!" Not a Parent-Frau 🍉 myself but the people I know with kids would be most concerned about "oh my God, my child thought I was dead" and likely chock-full of guilt over it (whether they could have avoided the situation or not). Someone let me know if I'm wrong about that, but this does seem like an odd story for a mother to be regaling people with so casually.
:(

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
My money would be on the enablers 'trying to keep the peace' because no doubt there would be some monumental shitshow otherwise. However the bigger picture is being missed. This was certainly my experience and the legacy of that is that as well as having anxiety, you feel you cannot trust adults, and unless you have lots and lots of therapy, it has an long term impact.
They're keeping the peace at the expense of SB and they're ALL despicable for it IMO.

There is no way she should have been allowed unsupervised access to him after that, based on her own tweets. She's said herself his teachers follow her, we know her mum follows her and others IRL, it's just astonishing to me that they are not stepping in and acting to stop her violating his privacy and generally to protect him.

She can and does shut up when she's told to, we've seen it so there's absolutely no excuse for not putting their feet down to protect him.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Has anyone been keeping an eye on her follower count? Looks like she's lost hundreds within the last week or two. And now I find myself idly wondering if something like that would bring on a 'particularly crummy, agonising flare-up' of anything ... :)

Reactions: 23
ETA all of this and then SHE COLOURED IN HER EYE TO MAKE IT ALL SPARKLY TO GAIN SYMPATHY
Jack loved showing it off.

Screenshot_20230117-191730_Gallery.jpg

Next day, sitting in a sunbeam.
Eg5s5LAXcAE9v3h.jpeg

Screenshot_20200905-144352_Opera.jpg

There was also a video posted to Instagram stories FOR US where she was wiping it with a white hand towel to prove it was real.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 79
She is a bleeping hateful parent. I grew up in an abusive home and the very worst bits were the emotional abuse. I can’t remember every instance of DV but I remember every single one where I felt scared, belittled, bullied and verbally spat on.

She is doing untold damage to that child. And I hope the fact we see him very little with her means that his other loving adults are keeping him safer now than they did in the past. He isn’t safe with her, even if she is sober.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 84
It annoys me that she seems to have
-hit herself in the face
-declared she has “severe concussion”
-had a nap which somehow stretched into the next day
-THEN decided to go to the hospital

• Sad
Reactions: 34
What’s really bugged me lately is her Lady Bountiful act about giving her furniture away in stead of selling it - like she's some saviour to the poor who are so grateful for her smeggy Smeg, dining table, sofas etc. She's either rich enough to give it all away (after she spent all her donations on it) or she's so poor she still really needs the Patreon and tip jars. I do reckon any money that rolls into her account(s) doesn’t stay there long.
Sorry 2 pages behind but I think she’d struggle to sell the big old monsters she’s bought tbqh. Like once we settled here I sold a ton of stuff and mid century, kids, ikea, and office furniture would go same day no quibbles on price or trademark fb marketplace grief but bigger bits just didn’t shift and that’s even offering free delivery, it didn’t even get many views cos people just don’t search for it cos they don’t have the means or energy to collect it when buying new they’ll often offer free delivery and/or assembly 🤷🏻‍♀️ Also cost of housing these days ppl don’t have the space for big items of furniture the way we’re living is ever changing.

Also having visited my fair share of dead posh people’s houses in recent times I never saw anything like her Cotswolds getup in them. Loads of pantry/larder (that word is so cringe lol) style storage or old/solid oak (or whatever) units built in but nothing like her bizarre wall to wall coverage, so idk who the target market really is for it. Like if your house is big enough for those massive pieces of chipboard then it’s big enough for a reasonably sized kitchen right - like I’ve not ever felt compelled to spend over a grand so I can have my herbs, pastas, and plates out on show? 🫠

But sorry my tl;dr is she’d be best giving it to the heart foundation else she’ll be paying someone hundreds to get rid of all that old shite

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
Just spent a happy few minutes 🦉🍾ing at Jack’s likes on the hellsite. The absolute mince she thinks is funny/important/profound.
@Mr Krabs might want to bookmark https://hebtro.co/. she’s liked two tweets about their overpriced basic beardy clothes. I suppose £115 for a plain hoodie 😱 is nowt to her.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Let's look back at that little Jackfib:

(ss from @Marmalade Atkins on thread 385)

Note she only mentions "BaNk AcCoUnTs", not "BoNdS", or "IsAs" or "pAyPaL aCcOuNtS" - we know how deliberately tricksy with words she is, so we can safely conclude that she had much much more available to her than this.

It's also worth considering the wider picture - what else was happening in Jackworld at the time? Here's the timeline:

2nd July - Her "straight as an arrow" accountant is coming round, and she's baking a cake
26th July - On a Bootstrap Ltd is wound up
31st July - HH2 and giant tip-jar rattle
8th August - Submits the final manuscript for Grifty Kitchen - this may have triggered a partial advance payment
26th August - Her tax returns have been with her accountant "for weeks"
31st August - Her "publishing team" visit her at home
2nd September - No money in any of her back accounts, and another tip jar rattle
22nd September - We notice that 'Untitled Jack Monroe Memoir' has appeared on Amazon with a publication date of 14 September 2023
Some time in September - receives an advance for the new book, which she says is "not life-changing, but is situation-changing"

If she had no money on 2nd September, where had the HH2 tip jar proceeds gone to? What about the payment for completion of HH2? Why rattle the tipjar yet again when it looks as if she'd negotiated the contract for her memoir at the end of August?

ETA: No sign either of the "Summer of Memories" fund that she'd been building up from not drinking...
Something which I think could be figured into this timeline, although a few months earlier, is the >10k to TT.
The Canal assumed Jack overpromised on the amount raised and had to take a substantial amount of her own money to shut them up. I think it’s relevant to note.

Also, we’ve never heard anything more about the daily standing order to the savings account for SB’s holiday. If that standing order was the equivalent of a bottle and a half of whisky a day, which I’m basing on Grants blended Scotch from Asda, then it equates to £136.5 a week (£13 a bottle).
That holiday was planned for mid-July, by which point she’d been sober around a year. Should be around 7k in that savings account. She could have taken him to bloody Australia for that!

unless of course she fell off the wagon, in which case SB was going nowhere because she was donating the money to an alcohol charity instead.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 46
-hit herself in the face
Can’t go to the hospital while off your tits, people will ask all sorts of questions

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 68
Oh she'll chippily say that furniture given away for free earns her a credit in the bank of goodwill so that one of her unwashed crusty mates, maybe Wonky if she is even real or can extract her head from jack's lying arse, will come and paint for her in the future, whilst Jack lies writhing about on the DFS sofabedsofa on a hokey cokey comedown crippled with arthritic pain.

This picture that she paints of living in some kind of weirdy wanky commune type friendship circle where one will simply swap a cup of oats for a curtain to be mended is Enid Blyton-esque bollocks and doesn't happen. And if it does, she needs better friends. Friends help because they're friends, not because they're going to get an ill-gotten dildo sideboard out of it.
She needs to be careful if Wanky IS real.. she'll be digging a well and buying a basket with lotion especially for Jackanory 🥰😍

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
-hit herself in the face
She probably wasn't getting enough of a reaction telling LJC she fell and got a big ouchy bruise so had to up her game.

Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.