Jack Monroe #463 Is she on the game for Farrow & Ball?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She probably wasn't getting enough of a reaction telling LJC she fell and got a big ouchy bruise so had to up her game.
What's the betting LJC got a call from the hospital about suspected head trauma and "they say I shouldn't be alone and you're my emergency contact..."

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
It pisses me off that she stuck around for years after Jack created and posted that horrendous chore chart for her 8 year old son TBH. I know we are all different but I’d have been out the bleeping door calling the appropriate family members and whoever else I needed to report it to on the way, not moving into a crappy bungamansion with her and getting engaged to her a year later. Who the duck does this to their young child and publicly humiliates him in this way?!

Seriously, THIS is not a massive red flag in a partner less than a year in and before the major commitments of rings and leases?! It would be for me.
View attachment 1889971
View attachment 1889970
As it was, Jack publicly told everyone that among “SB”s jobs were: deal with the dirty towels, wipe the handles, door, sink, shower etc in the bathroom, including picking up and cleaning under the mats, plus to empty the bins in the bathroom and toilet (and so by implication clearing up “their” mess when LJC stayed over) as well as opening her bedroom curtains and wiping her bedroom door handles etc etc. FFS.
(Screenies @VeniVidiVicki)

View attachment 1889932

FUUUUUUUCK YOU, JACK!!!
Seriously, I’m all for teaching kids responsibility but if he’s got all those tasks, what the duck is she doing. I’ll tell you what - duck ALL! She really boils my plums.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
It pisses me off that she stuck around for years after Jack created and posted that horrendous chore chart for her 8 year old son TBH. I know we are all different but I’d have been out the bleeping door calling the appropriate family members and whoever else I needed to report it to on the way, not moving into a crappy bungamansion with her and getting engaged to her a year later. Who the duck does this to their young child and publicly humiliates him in this way?!

Seriously, THIS is not a massive red flag in a partner less than a year in and before the major commitments of rings and leases?! It would be for me.
View attachment 1889971
View attachment 1889970
As it was, Jack publicly told everyone that among “SB”s jobs were: deal with the dirty towels, wipe the handles, door, sink, shower etc in the bathroom, including picking up and cleaning under the mats, plus to empty the bins in the bathroom and toilet (and so by implication clearing up “their” mess when LJC stayed over) as well as opening her bedroom curtains and wiping her bedroom door handles etc etc. FFS.
(Screenies @VeniVidiVicki)

View attachment 1889932

FUUUUUUUCK YOU, JACK!!!
What the actual duck is this ?!
So all she did was sit on her arse like usual ,while SB was running around like a blue arsed fly earning bleeping butterfly's 😒

Lazy little cow.

• Sad
Reactions: 37
I once had an acquaintance that divulged that her and her husband had £30 each ‘fun’ money a week and once it was gone that was it. That was for everything that wasn’t a bill. I was horrified; I ain’t rich but seriously me and my husband would easily spunk at least £200 a week on crap like Costa coffees, a new top, a meal out, haircuts, cinema trip, a birthday gift for someone etc. I’m not saying that to boast, we can all spend our money as we want eh? And I had 3 kids at the time so it’s real bleeping easy to spend money 🤪

She had 2 kids and she said that £30 a week was for absolutely EVERYTHING non-essential. So if she came with us to soft play she‘d pay for her kids entrance (circa £15) and then bring water in bottles and her own snacks etc. Because that was half of her whole weeks budget (and she’d remind you of that fact relentlessly). I’d pay the entrance fee for me and my kids, then waste another £15 in the bloody cafe 😂 I felt like clearly we were in very different financial situations but we were good friends, our kids got on brilliantly, and it never really got in the way yanno? She’d often want to do free activities, which I respected and I understood why. She was also open about the fact that she’d never contribute to a school trip if it was a voluntary donation, and certainly never gave anything for dress down days (feels like you’re constantly sending your kids in with £1 for summat in primary school!) as she reckoned staff just pocketed it.

Anyways, long story short, I always kinda felt a bit bad for her in a budgetary sense, and would routinely try to do small things to help but without being too overt about it. For example at soft play I buy us both a coffee from the cafe and shrug it off, or I’d buy her kids a snack if mine were getting one. Then we had a random conversation months later with other friends about the fact that her and her husband were moving from a 2 bedroom to a 4 bedroom house, and she was like “Yeah we reckon we’ll be in a position to do it next year if we keep going how we have been. We save £1500 a month between our two salaries so we should have enough to not need to increase our mortgage when we move.

I was speechless. She’d kept that quiet! She always made out she was skint, but really she was just keen on saving her £££. She was essentially just really bleeping tight with money, and focussed on her own goals. I would never put my hand in my pocket for her after that. I figured yanno if you wanna squirrel away £30k over 2 years and live like a pauper that’s fine but at least be upfront about it. That’s Jack all over; I’d bet my mortgage on it!

TDLR Jack is always claiming poverty but she 100% has a sizeable savings account she refuses to acknowledge. Absofuckinglutely.
What your friend did wasn’t okay and tbh devious she shouldn’t have accepted anything off you knowing she had no intention of repaying it and the means to pay herself -

But with that said your friend’s journey sounds super disciplined and as if she really cut back/went without to meet her goals. This is why I’ll always be a #nosavings truther because the sheer volume of stuff Jack has across every single category (but children’s…) is just at total odds with a savings/or even personal growth mindset. Like I think she has a spending addiction that room with the stacked up JL boxes did it for me, like she’s getting so much delivered she can’t even keep on top of getting the boxes out for bin days? Yikes.

Like that sort of no spend/FIRE/financial goals mindset is hard and takes practice and just focus and tbh some deep values/gratitude tit to underpin it all and I don’t see any of that in Jack at all. Like she’s busy filling 2* full sized skips and spare rooms full of tit she’s bought and no longer using 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 66
She has been offered jobs though, or at least interviews. Someone on twitter mentioned they'd contacted her with a job offer, and there was even a poster on tattle who said the same. She wasn't interested.
That was me (🍉) - she didn't even acknowledge, never mind reply - and it was just when she was busy boiling soap for "HH2" and applying for all those minimum wage jobs.... make it make sense.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
What your friend did wasn’t okay and tbh devious she shouldn’t have accepted anything off you knowing she had no intention of repaying it and the means to pay herself -

But with that said your friend’s journey sounds super disciplined and as if she really cut back/went without to meet her goals. This is why I’ll always be a #nosavings truther because the sheer volume of stuff Jack has across every single category (but children’s…) is just at total odds with a savings/or even personal growth mindset. Like I think she has a spending addiction that room with the stacked up JL boxes did it for me, like she’s getting so much delivered she can’t even keep on top of getting the boxes out for bin days? Yikes.

Like that sort of no spend/FIRE/financial goals mindset is hard and takes practice and just focus and tbh some deep values/gratitude tit to underpin it all and I don’t see any of that in Jack at all. Like she’s busy filling 2* full sized skips and spare rooms full of tit she’s bought and no longer using 🤷🏻‍♀️
I’ve said before but I don’t think we should underestimate how much stuff she does get given. I follow some pretty low level instagrammers who have really very little Twitter coverage and nothing at all in papers/telly etc who get sent absolutely loads of stuff. It’s just that Jackie either doesn’t declare them or doesn’t promote them - doesn’t even do a ‘I was sent this for free but am under no obligation to mention it or write about it’ that I see a lot.

Reactions: 51
She has been offered jobs though, or at least interviews. Someone on twitter mentioned they'd contacted her with a job offer, and there was even a poster on tattle who said the same. She wasn't interested.
She’ll have made hundreds of contacts in media and publishing over the years - very telling that she can’t call upon them for a job at her most skint times.

Reactions: 40
I’ve said before but I don’t think we should underestimate how much stuff she does get given. I follow some pretty low level instagrammers who have really very little Twitter coverage and nothing at all in papers/telly etc who get sent absolutely loads of stuff. It’s just that Jackie either doesn’t declare them or doesn’t promote them - doesn’t even do a ‘I was sent this for free but am under no obligation to mention it or write about it’ that I see a lot.
I know and sadly we’ll never know the answer so all of this is just mithering but I just can’t see that as being true for her? Like the days of brands gifting enough tit out to see what sticks and praying for any ROI are long gone, she’s not aspirational/doesn’t create any content for Insta or TikTok/doesn’t have that large a following and no1 wants her crusty demog/I know this sounds horrible but really doesn’t have the look or interiors to even warrant gifting in exchange for just creative for them to use??

Like I honestly think she buys all this tat herself and pretends like it’s brand or friend gifted which is really sad. I’m not saying I’m right just I can’t personally see any other situation than her being a big spender and her dad finally sorting her finances out after she owed HMRC ££££££.

Reactions: 40
Jack prefers grifted not gifted

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Ah such fond memories. I remember at the time thinking she had massively exaggerated as per but even then, living in her head rent free.

Unhinged bullies the lot of us. We should just accept the stuff that makes no logical sense at all.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
I notice on the hellsite that the talk of her single refund hasn’t resulted in things quietening down. Quite the opposite; lots of talk about others wanting their refunds and/or banding together to get them. I’m not saying much will come of it but it goes to show how dramatically things have changed for her. There’s no let up. She’s done.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 84
I know and sadly we’ll never know the answer so all of this is just mithering but I just can’t see that as being true for her? Like the days of brands gifting enough tit out to see what sticks and praying for any ROI are long gone, she’s not aspirational/doesn’t create any content for Insta or TikTok/doesn’t have that large a following and no1 wants her crusty demog/I know this sounds horrible but really doesn’t have the look or interiors to even warrant gifting in exchange for just creative for them to use??

Like I honestly think she buys all this tat herself and pretends like it’s brand or friend gifted which is really sad. I’m not saying I’m right just I can’t personally see any other situation than her being a big spender and her dad finally sorting her finances out after she owed HMRC ££££££.
I agree and given there's clearly some dodgy obtaining of substances, that cost can mount up super quickly too. Plus she's clearly careless - I bet she's lost and replaced tons of airpods, her tiles, her phone etc several times.

Reactions: 33
For the love of god Jack, make the granola stop being a grifting liar and comment on the sales of your not bestselling book.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Can’t go to the hospital while off your tits, people will ask all sorts of questions
Damn. Of course.
Also, people who don't actually have much work to do can afford to waste a day in A and E to play ouchies for the nice doctors and generate some content for Twitter.

For the love of god Jack, make the granola stop being a grifting liar and comment on the sales of your not bestselling book.
Currently 1,300- ish in the rankings, and I notice the publisher is no longer paying for a sponsored ad

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.