Jack Monroe #463 Is she on the game for Farrow & Ball?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She split up with Louisa about a year previous to her going into rehab - though this being Jack, it may have taken a year to sink in šŸ˜‚ . And I don't believe she spent her 'wedding savings' on the rehab. I think Louisa may have paid for it. If you were to believe Jack, during the ongoing poverty / trammies and whiskey / sideboards paid with Patreon money/ etc, she's still saying she had savings with Louisa? Nah. She got Louisa to dip into her savings for the weeks at an aparthotel in central London plus dayhab fees. Though Louisa was probably just happy Jack wasn't staying at hers, and might have thought it worth it to cover her bills for this reason alone.

You know, the alternative is that whilst she was begging for money and sympathy because she was all on her ownsome and so very, very poor, she was still in a relationship with a very wealthy partner.

You know, like benefit fraud.

• Heart
Reactions: 67
View attachment 1889679
Asda has got all up in Jack's niche...
Well this is fuckin grim. None of it looks enough on its own. I like the way that even the shop that makes this food realises you can only do the grim dinners for a family - and NOT breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks, for Ā£20. How Jack had the audacity to say she could shop this range and give everyone tonnes of funky meals for this cost, when even asda themselves canā€™t do it is a joke. Eg tuna pasta, if Iā€™m making tuna pasta I use at least x2 tins and add sweetcorn, red onion, herbs and spices and a couple of chopped eggs and capers. Plus salad on the side. One tin between 4 with only about 70gs pasta each, and no additions is just not going to give anyone much energy or nourishment. I understand if youā€™re in crisis then you have to take what you can get, but it shouldnā€™t be being touted as a great way to eat and live.

I say this as a big fan of Asda smart price range. Itā€™s grim without add-ons, though. I buy things like the smart price potatoes to throw into curries, but I make them also chock full of veg and fresh herbs etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 72
Jack Logic: pick the one person you definitely cannot be completely honest with about your purchases, to be your accountant. She really is utterly bereft of intelligence.
Hang on, the accountant needs to know because Rabbits are a business expense??? Has she been secretly running her own House from the bungalow?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Agreed. The whole of her sideboard splurge would easily have been covered by a single rattle of her tip jar. We have our Ā£165k stocktake, but those purchases have been spread over a decade. Where has the rest of it gone?
Up her conk...that's why she's morphing into the Great Gonzo.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Why doesnā€™t she sell all the rest of the rainy day handbags?

what would you buy that would be on a business bank statement that you canā€™t show your accountant? We do personal tax returns every year and I just have to send pay slips and mortgage stuff, he wouldnā€™t need info about if Iā€™d been to Nandos or whatever (I havenā€™t been to Nandos, our local one shut down and it was the only one in the city you could drink inšŸ‰)

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Does anyone know where I can find a high res version of the Guardian cover photo showing her full length in the bath of filthy lucre? I've done a quick painstaking skim but I can't find it. I need it for nefarious purposes, obviously.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
I think she's loaded. Cunning, devious and manipulative. Not stupid.
Unless she's spunked hundreds of thousands on coke and booze.I've no idea if that's possible considering the timeline.
Even taking in the furniture spends her various income streams ( a lot more than we know I reckon) don't account for it all. It's been squirrelled away.
I reckon she's 1 of those hardfaced twats who call themselves hard up cos she hasn't got liquid cash she can access. It'll be stashed in a savings and she won't count it as ready money to live on. I reckon she's spunked thousands on herself aswell, eye watering amounts. If she'll admit to several sideboards the stuff she's still sitting on is going to be shocking.

Did everyone pick up on her saying she asked them not to be specific about the 40 tramadol whopper in the interview? Little gentleman's agreement between media luvvies. Wonder whether she said that cos she knew it was outlandish. Either way she's a fuckin sly arse cos here's her honest 'I've heard it all' feature and she's still manipulating, withholding and editing away.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Well this is fuckin grim. None of it looks enough on its own. I like the way that even the shop that makes this food realises you can only do the grim dinners for a family - and NOT breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks, for Ā£20. How Jack had the audacity to say she could shop this range and give everyone tonnes of funky meals for this cost, when even asda themselves canā€™t do it is a joke. Eg tuna pasta, if Iā€™m making tuna pasta I use at least x2 tins and add sweetcorn, red onion, herbs and spices and a couple of chopped eggs and capers. Plus salad on the side. One tin between 4 with only about 70gs pasta each, and no additions is just not going to give anyone much energy or nourishment. I understand if youā€™re in crisis then you have to take what you can get, but it shouldnā€™t be being touted as a great way to eat and live.

I say this as a big fan of Asda smart price range. Itā€™s grim without add-ons, though. I buy things like the smart price potatoes to throw into curries, but I make them also chock full of veg and fresh herbs etc.
I think the problem is there's no greens on the plates, apart from the first one. Just a bit of broccoli or some salad on the side would make them look so much better.
Personally I like my vegetables, and tinned peas and potatoes just don't cut it, though I appreciate not everyone likes vegetables.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I don't know SB and his eating habits but my kids , two a similar age , probably eat Ā£20 worth of snacks before I even consider what I am making for tea after school.

Her weekly plan always grated me for that reason (okay and 46 other reasons) It just is not my reality or any other parents I know.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
I too am on the side of her being pretty skint. I think any refunds are crippling her. Any money which comes in (basically Patreon itā€™s not like the book sales will make her a millionaire and no one else will touch her) is spent on frivolities, sure, easy come easy go. I donā€™t by any stretch think sheā€™s poor - sheā€™s skint after buying everything she needs and an awful lot she doesnā€™t. Do I think she eats smart price? Do I bollocks. But I reckon she feels the pinch the last few days of the month before the magic free money tree bears fruit once more.
I think paying HMRC and teemill money to TT dented her account severely

• Heart
Reactions: 37
@People-huv-tae-know I think the Tramadol was most likely before the drunken furniture buying.

Jack said in the Grauniad article that she was prescribed them 6 years ago and took them for 18 months. Her prescribed dose appears to have been 8 a day, I would guess they were the 50mg fast acting ones as the 100mg slow release would not be prescribed at that level. One ay she said she took 40 and states it was 5 days' worth.

The furniture buying was when she was with LJC in 2018-2021 - not sure when LJC moved in with her during that timeframe. Trammies would have been 2016-2018 (I think if it was 6 years ago).

It's all a bit confusing because Jack lies so much.

View attachment 1888103
So this would šŸ”ŗ the 40 tramadol day to the sparkly black eye period, can Frauā€™s with better memories than me remember when that was? It was surely more recent than 2018 - my theory is she was prescribed them for 18 months which fits with them cracking down on prescribing them and then she took them obtained by ā€œotherā€ manners in the between period. Presumably at least until black eye incident if she counted them out.

Reactions: 19
partly it must be because the question kind of answers itself ā€¦ who would employ her? sheā€™s not only outed herself as a liar and a grifter, but sheā€™s been consistently useless wrt delivering anything decent or on time - never mind decent AND on time, which would really be my bare minimum expectation of a member of staff reporting to me. And we havenā€™t even started on the pathological Twitter compulsion, which would put anyone off.

At least she only put photos of the sideboards all over her socials, could have been worse šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
She has been offered jobs though, or at least interviews. Someone on twitter mentioned they'd contacted her with a job offer, and there was even a poster on tattle who said the same. She wasn't interested.

• Wow
Reactions: 41
She has been offered jobs though, or at least interviews. Someone on twitter mentioned they'd contacted her with a job offer, and there was even a poster on tattle who said the same. She wasn't interested.
If she was any good, Trussell Trust would have found her a salaried position. She supposedly works for them behind the scenes, and they employ plenty of people...how about this post below advertised right now...

But there's no way, they know exactly what she's like.
Screenshot_20230117-175744_Chrome.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
I don't know SB and his eating habits but my kids , two a similar age , probably eat Ā£20 worth of snacks before I even consider what I am making for tea after school.

Her weekly plan always grated me for that reason (okay and 46 other reasons) It just is not my reality or any other parents I know.
Exactly. Another reason to doubt she's been primary care-giver with him. I also think constantly denying and withholding creates trouble for their eating habits in future/sows potential disordered eating risks. Growing kids shouldn't think of food as a scarcity

• Heart
Reactions: 51

Oh god yes. I've got 3 boys 12-17 and seriously I can barely keep up now. Our usual organised weekly shop has gone to complete tit because they are constantly to be found looking in cupboards/the fridge. I had to do an emergency full bloody shop yesterday because they'd eaten almost everything in sight. šŸ˜³

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Thanks. Utterly sad and bizarre, akin to calling a former employer when your employee hasn't turned up. However, I suppose since the timeline was in a time warp re break up year, it makes as much sense as anything else
I wonder if LJC is still down as her emergency contact on everything, wouldnā€™t put it past Jack to keep listing her to drag her into things. My sisterā€™s narc did/does the same, very difficult to be ā€œno Iā€™m notā€ when you get a call from the hospital saying theyā€™re in A&E and youā€™re the emergency contact.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 45
Whatā€™s really bugged me lately is her Lady Bountiful act about giving her furniture away in stead of selling it - like she's some saviour to the poor who are so grateful for her smeggy Smeg, dining table, sofas etc. She's either rich enough to give it all away (after she spent all her donations on it) or she's so poor she still really needs the Patreon and tip jars. I do reckon any money that rolls into her account(s) doesnā€™t stay there long.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
If she was any good, Trussell Trust would have found her a salaried position. She supposedly works for them behind the scenes, and they employ plenty of people...how about this post below advertised right now...

But there's no way, they know exactly what she's like.
View attachment 1889910
Or this other one - Stories Officer - would be right up in her niche and skillset, plus lots of opportunity to actually meet people in poverty and tell their stories:
" The stories officer (food banks) works alongside food bank managers, volunteers and people living in poverty to help make them comfortable, confident and in control of disclosing their experiences through our communications. This role will deliver compelling storytelling that helps broaden support for structural changes and builds awareness, understanding and consideration of our mission and goals. "
Home-based and flexible working, so perfect for a "single mum", but I guess the Ā£31K salary doesn't keep our Jackie in sideboards and gak...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
Did everyone pick up on her saying she asked them not to be specific about the 40 tramadol whopper in the interview? Little gentleman's agreement between media luvvies. Wonder whether she said that cos she knew it was outlandish. Either way she's a fuckin sly arse cos here's her honest 'I've heard it all' feature and she's still manipulating, withholding and editing away.
I was pondering on this earlier and as people have already said: that piece was a subtle hatchet job, a death by a thousand cuts.

She could well have said to great mate Simon, who has obviously had a bellyful of the bleep, "ooh don't print how many Trammies i took Simon, I don't want to give people ideas" and poor put-upon Simon has thought like duck I won't and chucked her under the bus anyway, knowing very well that most non-credulous folk would go 40 tramadol? A day? With a bottle of whisky? duck off.

Anyway that's my thoughts on it, sending love and light for you to breathe in xxx

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.