Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AlwightDallin

VIP Member
Disability rant. Apologies in advance.

Is there any actual proof she has arthritis? She posted a LONG thread on all the things she’s tried for the AGONY… but none of them were arthritis medications other than possibly steroids which isn’t the best or even the primary treatment for RA.

Sunbeds are NOT a treatment for RA at all by the way. She’s confusing the ultraviolet rays of sunbeds which burn and prematurely age your skin (even using factor 50.. ) with the soothing warmth of infrared lamps (as sold in Boots etc). They’re a totally different thing.

BDCFD978-7CC3-42BE-BE21-3852B3F31AE3.jpeg

She seems to misunderstand arthritis- it’s not an ‘achy shoulder’ or a bad back etc it is an autoimmune disorder- one of my friends has it and the poor guy is sick a lot as he has to take an immunosuppressant and when he catches a virus it can take months for it to burn out.

For chronic RA with flare ups so bad she can’t walk up stairs her doctor would absolutely try her on methotrexate or similar. And she’d be able to claim non means tested PIP as she’d be classed as disabled if it’s lasted over 12 months or is reasonably expected to. (And get a parking permit etc).

She did add on (almost like she forgot which is odd as she calls it lovely so why ask for recommendations but moving on)

C7EF21F5-BA5D-4A24-8D33-51DE90B4F265.jpeg

This is strange to me because I’m also on Naproxen and it’s ok (doesn’t touch my bad days but I know each medication affects people differently) and you are diagnosed Omeprazole with it as it causes issues with your stomach / gives you awful reflux if taken alone. Also, if you took that with tramadol (or 40 tramadol…) you’d be incredibly poorly.

I have been ‘disability shamed’ loads of times - literally people standing in disabled parking spaces as I drive an arguably nice car and therefore I clearly am not disabled, a few weeks ago even I had an older man try and break into the disabled loo I was using and when I opened the door to scream at him shouted at me I wasn't entitled to use the loo as I was too young to be disabled (I was out of my chair for a change and on my stick). I am 39 by the way so maybe it’s a compliment 🤣 I used to be so embarrassed and get upset but now I shout and shame them right back.

And I really REALLY don’t want to be that person. But knowing this particular person and her distant relationship with the truth and her addiction to attention I struggle to believe it when she plays the disability card because I equally struggle to understand why ANYONE would suffer for years yet never take the help both medical and financial they would be fully entitled to.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 144

DisgruntledGoat

VIP Member
Sorry for this utterly pathetic mither but it’s been bothering me all day re: the keyboard photo with the stickers. You can tell she can’t read or play music from the labelling of the Bflat key as A#. Under no circumstances would you tell a beginner player that A# was a thing: it only occurs in B major and G# minor (key signatures with five sharps and above), or pieces with loads of accidentals that a beginner would never touch. You wouldn’t confuse a learner with it because there is no A# in the circle of fifths that they would need for basic harmonisation/chords.

Source: taught ABRSM music theory for many years up to grade 8. Music degree.

She’s a fucking cretin and a half.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 130

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
I got a thread title! I'd like to thank everyone who nominated me and also my team of staff, especially the ones with hands. But mostly I'd like to thank Jack, for being so ridiculous that rather than saying she's coughing up for Farrow and Ball, instead implies she's doing sexual favours in return for paint. Thanks Jack, you inspire me every day.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 129

Boogs

VIP Member
This makes me sad. She never sets him up to thrive does she, like when she tweeted about considering putting him through the grammar school application process the week before the deadline (or had it already passed?) as if that was at all viable. Like ofc some really bright children can just pass those exams but the majority will have benefitted from years of coaching or additional support at school, it’s probably more of a from birth decision than a week before decision?

Also idk how to type this in a way that isn’t horrible but… I feel uncomfortable that the content of him that she shares is never of a child thriving and exceeding age appropriate expectations. I think she thinks it validates her persona as this underprivileged urchin which is why she does it? If she was still in Mumsnet mode the content she shares would be very different.
Some narc parents actively like to set their kids up to fail. My mum forced me to play the violin when I was 8, it wasn’t something I was interested in. The first time I took it out at home to practice I was ridiculed (I was in my room and she actually called others over to come and laugh at me). I was told that it sounded like I was strangling a cat, I was awful etc. In the 4 years I played not once was I allowed to practice it at home, I also wasn’t allowed to give it up. My teacher said I was very talented, I didn’t believe him. The music teacher at school made me join the orchestra and I remember her telling my Mum I had a real talent and encouraging me to consider learning other instruments. I hated it. I thought they were trying to humiliate me. My Mum always used to tell me that she could have gone to University if she hadn’t had me. She used to tell my teachers that at parents evening and ask if they thought I was smart enough to go. The day I got an unconditional offer to Uni I showed her my letter, she glanced at it and put it down telling me my younger brother had got into catering college. I was so mad at myself for looking for her approval and thinking that she would be proud of me.

Children for narcs are either seen as an extension of themselves or as a rival. Someone they can control and have power over so they feel better about themselves. I really do hope that his dad makes up for him having a shit mum and can counteract some of the damage she is inflicting. If she thinks she is lonely now wait until he grows up and has a choice in whether he gives her the time of day. I’m willing that little boy on to get older and realise that he is stronger than her and that her behaviour says everything about her and nothing about him.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 126

Limey

VIP Member
This is what infuriates me. Many, many of us suffer with pain and disability, hidden or not. Why then the constant reminder of being ‘vulnerable’
What about arthritis pain makes her vulnerable? Why so special? Maybe have a lie down on the sofa (do you know she sleeps there?) and stop lugging your boxes and sideboards about, I dunno 🤷‍♀️
I had an arthritis flare today. You know what I did? Got out of my bed at 6:30am, dug my car out of the snow and went to work. Stop linking disability with being a feckless workshy wastrel.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 121

Reagent

This is what infuriates me. Many, many of us suffer with pain and disability, hidden or not. Why then the constant reminder of being ‘vulnerable’
What about arthritis pain makes her vulnerable? Why so special? Maybe have a lie down on the sofa (do you know she sleeps there?) and stop lugging your boxes and sideboards about, I dunno 🤷‍♀️
This boils me. My daughter was diagnosed (after 9 months of agony) with juvenile form of RA aged 17. While her peers were learning to drive, going out meeting friends, she was having me to ties her laces and fasten her bra. Taking methotrexate every week and trying not to vomit after it ( a well known side effect).Jack just self medicated with plenty of booze and tramadol . She hasn't a f'ing clue. If she's having a flare up why not get help from professionals.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 120

Smol Pixel

Chatty Member
Thank you to @Veronicaaa for this not at all libellous thread title (see the question mark). And to @blurstoftimes for nominating it. Help yourselves to some paint tester pots.

Jack has been boring us all to tears with paint chat, but I’ll have you know she’s NOT buying Farrow & Ball, she’s going to WILKOS. Wait, no she’s not, she has FRIENDS who love her SO MUCH they are giving her paint for free to say thank you for all that she does.

She’s also been snarking at the most innocent of squigs because she’s practising being NICE to people. You should try it sometime.

Cooper has finally been deployed, allowing the canal to breathe a sigh of relief.

Oh and apparently Jack did some actual work for a Tory think tank. Level of her actual contribution has yet to be confirmed.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 116

reCAPTCHA

VIP Member
I reckon she's 1 of those hardfaced twats who call themselves hard up cos she hasn't got liquid cash she can access.
I once had an acquaintance that divulged that her and her husband had £30 each ‘fun’ money a week and once it was gone that was it. That was for everything that wasn’t a bill. I was horrified; I ain’t rich but seriously me and my husband would easily spunk at least £200 a week on crap like Costa coffees, a new top, a meal out, haircuts, cinema trip, a birthday gift for someone etc. I’m not saying that to boast, we can all spend our money as we want eh? And I had 3 kids at the time so it’s real fucking easy to spend money 🤪

She had 2 kids and she said that £30 a week was for absolutely EVERYTHING non-essential. So if she came with us to soft play she‘d pay for her kids entrance (circa £15) and then bring water in bottles and her own snacks etc. Because that was half of her whole weeks budget (and she’d remind you of that fact relentlessly). I’d pay the entrance fee for me and my kids, then waste another £15 in the bloody cafe 😂 I felt like clearly we were in very different financial situations but we were good friends, our kids got on brilliantly, and it never really got in the way yanno? She’d often want to do free activities, which I respected and I understood why. She was also open about the fact that she’d never contribute to a school trip if it was a voluntary donation, and certainly never gave anything for dress down days (feels like you’re constantly sending your kids in with £1 for summat in primary school!) as she reckoned staff just pocketed it.

Anyways, long story short, I always kinda felt a bit bad for her in a budgetary sense, and would routinely try to do small things to help but without being too overt about it. For example at soft play I buy us both a coffee from the cafe and shrug it off, or I’d buy her kids a snack if mine were getting one. Then we had a random conversation months later with other friends about the fact that her and her husband were moving from a 2 bedroom to a 4 bedroom house, and she was like “Yeah we reckon we’ll be in a position to do it next year if we keep going how we have been. We save £1500 a month between our two salaries so we should have enough to not need to increase our mortgage when we move.

I was speechless. She’d kept that quiet! She always made out she was skint, but really she was just keen on saving her £££. She was essentially just really fucking tight with money, and focussed on her own goals. I would never put my hand in my pocket for her after that. I figured yanno if you wanna squirrel away £30k over 2 years and live like a pauper that’s fine but at least be upfront about it. That’s Jack all over; I’d bet my mortgage on it!

TDLR Jack is always claiming poverty but she 100% has a sizeable savings account she refuses to acknowledge. Absofuckinglutely.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 113