Jack Monroe #463 Is she on the game for Farrow & Ball?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why are people still not asking why she doesn’t just get a bloody job?? Not on here, obviously. I’m still staggered by the lack of people calling for her to stop begging. I know she may not be actively shaking the top jar as much right now, but it’s still open. Passive begging.

Reactions: 52
They're very much the kind of people who complain about being 'too much of a nice guy' when a woman they've been friendly to doesn't want to shag them.

Oh do duck off with your smear campaign against people who have ADHD, you boring head.
All that warm breath he's invested in her too 😤

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
I too am on the side of her being pretty skint. I think any refunds are crippling her. Any money which comes in (basically Patreon it’s not like the book sales will make her a millionaire and no one else will touch her) is spent on frivolities, sure, easy come easy go. I don’t by any stretch think she’s poor - she’s skint after buying everything she needs and an awful lot she doesn’t. Do I think she eats smart price? Do I bollocks. But I reckon she feels the pinch the last few days of the month before the magic free money tree bears fruit once more.

Reactions: 51
Can’t download her main banking app on her phone? So where did those poor screenshots zero in bank account come from? Hmmmmn
Let's look back at that little Jackfib:

(ss from @Marmalade Atkins on thread 385)

Note she only mentions "BaNk AcCoUnTs", not "BoNdS", or "IsAs" or "pAyPaL aCcOuNtS" - we know how deliberately tricksy with words she is, so we can safely conclude that she had much much more available to her than this.

It's also worth considering the wider picture - what else was happening in Jackworld at the time? Here's the timeline:

2nd July - Her "straight as an arrow" accountant is coming round, and she's baking a cake
26th July - On a Bootstrap Ltd is wound up
31st July - HH2 and giant tip-jar rattle
8th August - Submits the final manuscript for Grifty Kitchen - this may have triggered a partial advance payment
26th August - Her tax returns have been with her accountant "for weeks"
31st August - Her "publishing team" visit her at home
2nd September - No money in any of her back accounts, and another tip jar rattle
22nd September - We notice that 'Untitled Jack Monroe Memoir' has appeared on Amazon with a publication date of 14 September 2023
Some time in September - receives an advance for the new book, which she says is "not life-changing, but is situation-changing"

If she had no money on 2nd September, where had the HH2 tip jar proceeds gone to? What about the payment for completion of HH2? Why rattle the tipjar yet again when it looks as if she'd negotiated the contract for her memoir at the end of August?

ETA: No sign either of the "Summer of Memories" fund that she'd been building up from not drinking...

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 94
I hate the cheek and hyperbole of her saying 'the stress of the last few weeks relentless attacks' as if she didn't choose to do a long interview and photo shoot with a national disclosing a lot of shocking tit. You could live quietly assaulting turnips Jack, no one demanded you do otherwise.
I would LOVE this as thread title (though appreciate it’s already a crowded field here) because it’s practically perfect.

Just thinking of people stumbling on these threads and initially being confused by a title like this, then getting up to speed and going “oh yep, completely”.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51

Note she only mentions "BaNk AcCoUnTs", not "BoNdS", or "IsAs" or "pAyPaL aCcOuNtS" - we know how deliberately tricksy with words she is, so we can safely conclude that she had much much more available to her than this.

It's also worth considering the wider picture - what else was happening in Jackworld at the time? Here's the timeline:

2nd July - Her "straight as an arrow" accountant is coming round, and she's baking a cake
19th July - HH2 and giant tip-jar rattle
8th August - Submits the final manuscript for Grifty Kitchen - this may have triggered a partial advance payment
2nd September - No money in any of her back accounts, and another tip jar rattle
22nd September - We notice that 'Untitled Jack Monroe Memoir' has appeared on Amazon with a publication date of 14 September 2023
Some time in September - receives an advance for the new book, which she says is "not life-changing, but is situation-changing"

If she had no money on 2nd September, where had the HH2 tip jar proceeds gone to? What about the payment for completion of HH2? Why rattle the tipjar yet again when it looks as if she'd negotiated the contract for her memoir at the end of August?
Interesting that the current accounts don't have 'available' showing. Wouldn't they have overdrafts 🤔

Reactions: 25
16th July - HH2 and giant tip-jar rattle

Just a slight correction to your timeline, tenderstem. HH Solar gloom was on 31st July- she does like to get her anniversary posts of the original Hunger Hurts banged out to say how awful she still has it (see eg Hunger Hurts 2, 2013, Potatoes 2020).

Unfortunately she’s a useless disorganized fuckwit so she missed the 10 year anniversary (which was actually 30th July) by one day- and was kindly reminded by this very site…
56FF8948-605D-4055-9861-F12F7EF8F42A.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Just a slight correction to your timeline, tenderstem. HH Solar gloom was on 31st July- she does like to get her anniversary posts of the original Hunger Hurts banged out to say how awful she still has it (see eg Hunger Hurts 2, 2013, Potatoes 2020).

Unfortunately she’s a useless disorganized fuckwit so she missed the 10 year anniversary (which was actually 30th July) by one day- and was kindly reminded by this very site…
View attachment 1889517
Whoops - I've corrected my timeline. Thanks!

Reactions: 19
Why are people still not asking why she doesn’t just get a bloody job?? Not on here, obviously. I’m still staggered by the lack of people calling for her to stop begging. I know she may not be actively shaking the top jar as much right now, but it’s still open. Passive begging.
But she's too special, and smol, and brave, and ouchy and...oh I'm sorry I can't even type any more of this nonsense.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Whoops - I've corrected my timeline. Thanks!
I’d never really connected it to her company being wound up days earlier. I’m positive she wasn’t going to let that ten year anniversary pass by without a woe is me blog post heavily leaning on the original, but I’m pretty sure she had even more of an impetus to hit publish given the hit her finances would have taken when she wound her company up.

Lol I doubt it and I imagine it was always as over exaggerated as the final version, but it would be HILARIOUS if she went back AFTER her company wind up because that cost her £££ and did some rewrites/added even more exaggeration (aka put the butter on the lemon curd on the top of the huge turd of the over-egged cake that is HH 2022)- which let’s face it precipitated her downfall.

Reactions: 33

ETA: No sign either of the "Summer of Memories" fund that she'd been building up from not drinking...
Seeing it written out like this is fascinating, especially the timeline of her accountant coming round and the company being wound up. The accounts must have been an absolute shitshow for her to burn it down rather than come clean and file properly, including the years that were missing.

Reactions: 43
Jack Logic: pick the one person you definitely cannot be completely honest with about your purchases, to be your accountant. She really is utterly bereft of intelligence.
I wonder what sort of purchases those might be.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
Oh oh oh, why don't we write the recipe book of all the recipes promised and never delivered? Granola, eels etc etc. I seem to remember there is a list. We could all have a crack at guessing how she would have slopped them and sell the ebook for charity?!!! The Slopalong has made considerable donations to food banks etc from the fraus and provided endless hilarity.

ETA obvs, nobody would actually need to cook them!
I read that as 'Granola Eels' and thought I'd missed a recipe somewhere along the way. The fact that I didn't even flinch says a lot. Mmmm, granola eels!

(I've typed granola so many times it's starting to look like a made-up word.)

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I’d never really connected it to her company being wound up days earlier. I’m positive she wasn’t going to let that ten year anniversary pass by without a woe is me blog post heavily leaning on the original, but I’m pretty sure she had even more of an impetus to hit publish given the hit her finances would have taken when she wound her company up.

Lol I doubt it and I imagine it was always as over exaggerated as the final version, but it would be HILARIOUS if she went back AFTER her company wind up because that cost her £££ and did some rewrites/added even more exaggeration (aka put the butter on the lemon curd on the top of the huge turd of the over-egged cake that is HH 2022)- which let’s face it precipitated her downfall.
I think it's interesting because she's told us that she let her taxes slip because of the drugs & sideboards. So it seems likely that the HH2 tip jar rattle was to help pay the cost of sorting out those taxes when the company was wound up.

And that means that she was asking her supporters to pay for the drugs & sideboards habit as late as the end of July 2022.

Yet all the way through this period, she misrepresented her tipjar as being "for all the good work" she does. How much good work was done by buying 22 sideboards and 6,000 dodgy tramadol tablets, Jack?

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
I think it's interesting because she's told us that she let her taxes slip because of the drugs & sideboards. So it seems likely that the HH2 tip jar rattle was to help pay the cost of sorting out those taxes when the company was wound up.

And that means that she was asking her supporters to pay for the drugs & sideboards habit as late as the end of July 2022.

Yet all the way through this period, she misrepresented her tipjar as being "for all the good work" she does. How much good work was done by buying 22 sideboards and 6,000 dodgy tramadol tablets, Jack?
I am picturing tabloid headlines spinning into my face, like an old cartoon cliche.

NO SEX: DRUGS AND SIDEBOARDS

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Yes. Jack deletes any negative comments.

ETA what do the most recent comments say @5Alive?
" Saw the piece in the Observer today, and I'm aware of your good work. You have amazing resilience. Keep going, the country needs more people like you. "

"All power to you Jack, thank you for letting us support you, hope you can take some time to take care of yourself x "

"Love your cookbooks and your journalism. I've only recently noticed some of the shite you get on Twitter - luckily the trolls pointed out you have Patreon and so wanted to bung a little regular support your way. Keep going, Jack! "

however - i only signed up to £1 month - no way I was handing over more to that sloppy grifter - and that limits me to viewing just the main "community" posts and not replies to her most recent ... "Dear Patron's, I'm Sorry" lying post... I would have to stump up an extra £2.50 for that - might be worth it to get some insight into the replies, but if she's just deleted the negative ones anyway.... ?

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.