Jack Monroe #463 Is she on the game for Farrow & Ball?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sure in the Diva.pdf she said she was browsing rehab options and they were too costly for her, then she spotted this dayhab service which was much more affordable. And then she goes and books up an aparthotel for 3 months or whatever, spending £££ 🤷‍♀️. This is the woman who described herself as "famously good with money" 😂.
I find it quite ridiculous that that piece was basically an unpaid advertorial for that specific dayhab, surely there are rules surrounding that. Having said that, they're not likely to be particularly thrilled with their self-proclaimed ambassador.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
It was a morning when she had several interviews that day. She sounded terrible in all of them. A lack of due diligence to interview her when she said she had just had convulsions. Perhaps they didn't believe her
There has been more than one convulsion timeline. They generally seem to occur when Jack’s back is against the wall on some commitment she’s not followed thru on, or some tale that isn’t standing up to scrutiny.

Can a morbid dread of reality and taking responsibility cause convulsions? Any medfraus here who can opine?

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I've just been having a look at Old CockToes' website and came across the rinsed hoops 'recipe' again, which is a hoot, but by jove the level of snark in the very long preamble is overwhelming. What an arse she is.
I think she has updated this text since last year. Narcs are so thin-skinned 😂

I appreciate the opiate Fraus talking about this subject. Have been dependent on them for nine years...it's no joke, and can be a lonely place. Jackie thinks it's all just a laugh...and that the chip stains and grease will come out in the bath etc. Ever the tourist.

ETA: Not dependent. Addicted. I have never said that to anybody. I certainly wouldn't be flippant about it in a newspaper interview. Not fishing btw, just highlighting that CToes knows nothing about the reality of her tourist destinations.
YAWN

That's at her, not you.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
My theory on the LJC split timeline is that she LEFT May 2020 but Jack blatantly s***** baited her back with all her dramatic antics in the second half of 2020
Agreed. And I think Jack may have got it in her mind that Louisa was coming back to her during the BB phase, but thank heavens she didn't. Jack's still abusing her by dragging her name into it in national newspapers, and Louisa will feel she has no right to reply because that would just open an even wrigglier can of eels worms.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
If it was wedding savings, she must have had a fair chunk put away. This is the fee for her dayhab, for 6 weeks. Was it 12 weeks she did in the end? I can't remember. 🤔 Then there was the fees for her aparthotel for all that time on top. This would have been within the 2 year period that she didn't buy shampoo as well 😂.
Can u imagine what an unbearable Bridezilla she'd be if anyone was stupid enough to marry her. The endless help-me-choose tweets boring the tits off everyone. The endless peacocking as if she's the 1st bride with tats. An ongoing vesuvius of self-important drivel

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 72
It was a morning when she had several interviews that day. She sounded terrible in all of them. A lack of due diligence to interview her when she said she had just had convulsions. Perhaps they didn't believe her
I think part of why Jack's lies are so absurd and obvious is because it's so obvious she's lying she doesn't get the "OH MY GOD, ARE YOU OK?" reaction she's after so starts telling more and more extreme lies because she is so very thick.

• Haha
Reactions: 62
Agreed. And I think Jack may have got it in her mind that Louisa was coming back to her during the BB phase, but thank heavens she didn't. Jack's still abusing her by dragging her name into it in national newspapers, and Louisa will feel she has no right to reply because that would just open an even wrigglier can of eels worms.
But everyone, please, please help me understand why the Guardian called her ex girlfriend? That is extremely bizarre to me. It's not even a Jack Lie. Can anyone elaborate? Did I miss discussing this. Do you want me to stop sleeping in my time zone? DO YOU?!

• Haha
Reactions: 52
But everyone, please, please help me understand why the Guardian called her ex girlfriend? That is extremely bizarre to me. It's not even a Jack Lie. Can anyone elaborate? Did I miss discussing this. Do you want me to stop sleeping in my time zone? DO YOU?!
Probably because it's known that Jack still uses her like some sort of carer. Jack's said before that they're in contact daily and Louisa still tries to hang out with SB when his mum's not there, physically or mentally. It's really very sad, because there are so many ways Jack will be able to guilt trip her into staying in her life in one way or another.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 61
I've just been having a look at Old CockToes' website and came across the rinsed hoops 'recipe' again, which is a hoot, but by jove the level of snark in the very long preamble is overwhelming. What an arse she is.

I appreciate the opiate Fraus talking about this subject. Have been dependent on them for nine years...it's no joke, and can be a lonely place. Jackie thinks it's all just a laugh...and that the chip stains and grease will come out in the bath etc. Ever the tourist.

ETA: Not dependent. Addicted. I have never said that to anybody. I certainly wouldn't be flippant about it in a newspaper interview. Not fishing btw, just highlighting that CToes knows nothing about the reality of her tourist destinations.
I hear you. Am in similar position. Addicted to codeine, managed to get off it in May for three weeks but got back on it again. Very hard to tapper off, keep starting and then giving up cos something happens where I feel I need to rely on the codeine again

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 67
Medically adjacent Frau here 👋 🍉

Just asked OH if he prescribes Tramadol: yes but not typically on a long-term basis. Would he take it? Yes but only e.g. post surgery. ‘Short bursts only’, apparently.

She’s Jimmy Nailing based on my poll of one doc.
This is so interesting - my Gran moved into a care home a few years back and they were appalled at the doses of various strong medications she had been put on by her GP. The family was a bit lost as the GP was insistent she stay on tramadol, SSRIs, maximum strength of cocodamol and a load of other things as well and she had been on them for over a year. We thought her fogginess was dementia progressing but once the home weaned her off tramadol all she was so much brighter.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 76

This is a great example of her rewriting her own timeline. Here's the origin story from her publisher's website (clearly right wing trolls) I think it's also what is written in the book but can't confirm...https://www.panmacmillan.com/blogs/lifestyle-wellbeing/jack-monroe's-tin-can-recipe-anellini-con-cacio-e

Screenshot_20230117-100944.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 56
This is a great example of her rewriting her own timeline. Here's the origin story from her publisher's website (clearly right wing trolls) I think it's also what is written in the book but can't confirm...https://www.panmacmillan.com/blogs/lifestyle-wellbeing/jack-monroe's-tin-can-recipe-anellini-con-cacio-e

View attachment 1889057
95% as good as the original? Absolute bollocks 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I hear you. Am in similar position. Addicted to codeine, managed to get off it in May for three weeks but got back on it again. Very hard to tapper off, keep starting and then giving up cos something happens where I feel I need to rely on the codeine again
Not sure I could go three days never mind three weeks. Actively tapering now though and managing it as best I can. Much love to you x

View attachment 1889057
Just throw a dart at anything she says and there's a lie. She's obviously been hurt by the twatter fallout from rinsing her hoops so changed her website- which she obviously controls- but the publishers are not going to let her me-rail like that so she's had her nice head on to deliver that guff. She really is a bag of personality Revels- you never know which flavour you're going to get.

ETA: Got the timeline wrong. The website/blog came after the publisher didn't it, so she has changed in relation to fallout on bird app, but the publisher website story was already there. Got it.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
There has been more than one convulsion timeline. They generally seem to occur when Jack’s back is against the wall on some commitment she’s not followed thru on, or some tale that isn’t standing up to scrutiny.

Can a morbid dread of reality and taking responsibility cause convulsions? Any medfraus here who can opine?
Abusing Cocaine and Tramadol together can lead to serotonin syndrome and convulsions. If I could be arsed, I’d map Jack’s poorly tweets to the day of the week as I suspect a lot of them are/were post-weekend binges. AKA ‘Columbian Flu’ as one squig pointed out yesterday.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Can't believe squigg got a refund 😒

Slowly puts back 2p outfit with bath back in wardrobe ... soon my lovely..soon

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 73
Am I right in thinking Jack has ignored others who asked; but this squig mentioned it on a blue tick comment to Jack and then she was all over it?

I hope the red haired refund seeker persists and takes it to smol claims and that one by one, others follow suit.
Yes, she raised it originally in reply to the The Grocer at the end of December, and faced a pile-on for it.

She brought it up a few more times around the 8th of Jan, then again to Jujulia Grace (the Everydoctor grifter) on the 10th of Jan. Jujulia is a blue tick, so Jack finally responded at that point.

Screenshot 2023-01-17 at 10.10.11.png

She says she emailed and DM'd Jack with her details, and she also provided her Patreon payment reference later on that public twitter thread. She started talking about MCOL on the 12th, setting a deadline of a week after Jack first made contact.

Jack misunderstood one of the squig's tweets on the 15th and tried to organise yet another pile-on, before realising her mistake and deleting the tweet (and thankfully the flying monkeys didn't notice). There was also some nonsense about not receiving emails and her spam folder and suchlike - it's now clear that this was simply a smokescreen to make it look like she wasn't dragging her heels so badly.

The refund was finally sent almost exactly when the deadline expired.

I think the lesson from this is that Jack will eventually back down if you treat her firmly in front of blue ticks, remain persistent, and don't let yourself get distracted by her nonsense.

I hope people start keeping an eye out for any future blue tick interactions from Jack, and use them as opportunities to ask her to make amends using similar tactics.

• Heart
Reactions: 86
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.