Jack Monroe #463 Is she on the game for Farrow & Ball?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ooh, is this why redheads sometimes need more anaesthesia?? Fascinating!

Let’s face it guys, Jack never took that many or drank that much. She is a revolting person for lying about it.
Yes I think it could be, I’m not sure they know exactly which gene/s causes it yet though!

Reactions: 18
le sigh. hopefully though if she can refund one squig, she can refund them all
Some squigs are conflating it by saying it was a refund actioned through Patreon, but this refund was by requesting one from Jack’s PayPal account which she approved straight away - I suspect as instructed by JM. Funny how she hasn’t lost the keys to that account eh.

Tramadol , in fact all opiates give you chronic constipation

She is literally full of tit.
As do NSAIDs like Naproxen. Suddenly the slop makes sense 🫣

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
Some squigs are conflating it by saying it was a refund actioned through Patreon, but this refund was by requesting one from Jack’s PayPal account which she approved straight away - I suspect as instructed by JM. Funny how she hasn’t lost the keys to that account eh.

As do NSAIDs like Naproxen. Suddenly the slop makes sense 🫣
Isn't there a time limit for refunds from PayPal?

Reactions: 14
She won't be able to stand her book bombing when others in the same genre are flying. It will cause her deep narcissistic injury. This is why she isn't promoting it, seeing it flop is pain enough for her. The ridicule surrounding the "tips" will amplify the injury tenfold. This is also why she's returning to type, snark, aggression, threats, pretend ailments. Anything to change the narrative and ease the pain
I don't know. She has her "forever home" so maybe this book was nothing more than a contractual obligation. I don't think she gives a tit, she's got what she wanted. However, the ridicule *must* be hurting and embarrassing her. Good.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Am I right in thinking Jack has ignored others who asked; but this squig mentioned it on a blue tick comment to Jack and then she was all over it?

I hope the red haired refund seeker persists and takes it to smol claims and that one by one, others follow suit.
She has ignored others yes

Reactions: 25
However, the ridicule *must* be hurting and embarrassing her. Good.
Especially as some of the people outstripping her by miles are novices, with just a ton of effort, genuine pride in their work and some good recipes. She can't blame it on the cooking elite closing ranks against the smol brave pixie.
She was lazy, complacent and slapdash. Her book is unaspirational and unappealing. She seriously thought she could foist any old rubbish on the public again and they would buy it. Literally.

• Heart
Reactions: 82
Also interesting to me that she split up with Louisa right after. Aren't couples with addiction issues advised to split after rehab for better prospects of recovery? Just speculation of course...
She split up with Louisa about a year previous to her going into rehab - though this being Jack, it may have taken a year to sink in 😂 . And I don't believe she spent her 'wedding savings' on the rehab. I think Louisa may have paid for it. If you were to believe Jack, during the ongoing poverty / trammies and whiskey / sideboards paid with Patreon money/ etc, she's still saying she had savings with Louisa? Nah. She got Louisa to dip into her savings for the weeks at an aparthotel in central London plus dayhab fees. Though Louisa was probably just happy Jack wasn't staying at hers, and might have thought it worth it to cover her bills for this reason alone.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
Especially as some of the people outstripping her by miles are novices, with just a ton of effort, genuine pride in their work and some good recipes. She can't blame it on the cooking elite closing ranks against the smol brave pixie.
She was lazy, complacent and slapdash. Her book is unaspirational and unappealing. She seriously thought she could foist any old rubbish on the public again and they would buy it. Literally.
I think that's what we can hope for in the Great Cancellation, that people better than her comes forward and over take her. Her book is atrocious. I think there are quite a few that have had their eyes opened to her grift now due to that and the terrible Guardian article debacle. To be honest, she kind of left the door open for them due to her not doing any campaigning for ages. Now that refunds can actually happen, let's hope more and more people come forward requesting and citing smol claims court if it doesn't happen

Reactions: 47
I've just been having a look at Old CockToes' website and came across the rinsed hoops 'recipe' again, which is a hoot, but by jove the level of snark in the very long preamble is overwhelming. What an arse she is.
I think she has updated this text since last year. Narcs are so thin-skinned 😂

I appreciate the opiate Fraus talking about this subject. Have been dependent on them for nine years...it's no joke, and can be a lonely place. Jackie thinks it's all just a laugh...and that the chip stains and grease will come out in the bath etc. Ever the tourist.

ETA: Not dependent. Addicted. I have never said that to anybody. I certainly wouldn't be flippant about it in a newspaper interview. Not fishing btw, just highlighting that CToes knows nothing about the reality of her tourist destinations.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 97
She split up with Louisa about a year previous to her going into rehab - though this being Jack, it may have taken a year to sink in 😂 . And I don't believe she spent her 'wedding savings' on the rehab. I think Louisa may have paid for it. If you were to believe Jack, during the ongoing poverty / trammies and whiskey / sideboards paid with Patreon money/ etc, she's still saying she had savings with Louisa? Nah. She got Louisa to dip into her savings for the weeks at an aparthotel in central London plus dayhab fees. Though Louisa was probably just happy Jack wasn't staying at hers, and might have thought it worth it to cover her bills for this reason alone.
If it was wedding savings, she must have had a fair chunk put away. This is the fee for her dayhab, for 6 weeks. Was it 12 weeks she did in the end? I can't remember. 🤔 Then there was the fees for her aparthotel for all that time on top. This would have been within the 2 year period that she didn't buy shampoo as well 😂.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
If it was wedding savings, she must have had a fair chunk put away. This is the fee for her dayhab, for 6 weeks. Was it 12 weeks she did in the end? I can't remember. 🤔 Then there was the fees for her aparthotel for all that time on top. This would have been within the 2 year period that she didn't buy shampoo as well 😂.
Yeah and dayhab's meant to be the cheaper option, because it allows people to attend from their own home rather than paying for a residential program. Jack of course probably paid more in the end because for some reason she felt she had to go to one in London and stay in the aparthotel for the duration.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 56
I did ask them not to be specific. Sure, Jan. Don't do drugs, kids. View attachment 1888319
Still a few pages behind but honestly Jack is the only “celebrity” I know of who does a press interview and then spends the next ten days furiously clarifying, obfuscating and defending her own words in it 🙄

I also suspect her of fibbing here, because if she really had asked that the tramadol detail be off the record (BEFORE she said it) then Hattenstone would definitely have complied.

Reactions: 63
Yeah and dayhab's meant to be the cheaper option, because it allows people to attend from their own home rather than paying for a residential program. Jack of course probably paid more in the end because for some reason she felt she had to go to one in London and stay in the aparthotel for the duration.
I'm sure in the Diva.pdf she said she was browsing rehab options and they were too costly for her, then she spotted this dayhab service which was much more affordable. And then she goes and books up an aparthotel for 3 months or whatever, spending £££ 🤷‍♀️. This is the woman who described herself as "famously good with money" 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 67
@Cookiecookie
Yes she did talk about convulsions can't quite remember when though 👺
It was a morning when she had several interviews that day. She sounded terrible in all of them. A lack of due diligence to interview her when she said she had just had convulsions. Perhaps they didn't believe her

• Wow
Reactions: 37
Ah ok. Deleted my post anyway, thought it might not be right to speculate

Reactions: 18
My theory on the LJC split timeline is that she LEFT May 2020 but Jack blatantly s***** baited her back with all her dramatic antics in the second half of 2020 (sorry for lack of spoiler but my tool bar is completely greyed out for some reason?).

Poor Louisa. When a narc has their claws in you it’s so hard to extricate. I’m so happy that she is so visibly living her best life now. The before and after pics really do say it all.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.