Jack Monroe #462 Tectonic plates make less fuss about moving

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another ‘dangerous tip‘. Shouldn’t you at least wear some sort of protective glove, if the ingredient you’re finely slicing is ‘sausages cooking’? 🤷‍♂️ See you in the ER, y’all.

View attachment 1884083
I know what the word fastidious means even though it's not a word I use very much.
But it just doesn't seem like a word that applies to anything connected to her, especially her godawful slop recipes.
Of course she likes to be painstaking about things too, and here's a few more words for her to use. 😉

E2085AD8-EC9C-4F2F-BF76-9C964447E72F.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Possibly remembering this wrong, but aren't *funeral potatoes* a US thing? Maybe in the South, or linked to a particular flavour of religion?
What I am trying to say - another appropriation by our maverick pixie, perhaps.
Yes, funeral potatoes are an American thing. You would find them at pitch-ins and church suppers too. And they are LUSH.

Attachments

Reactions: 24
Yes. And we keep talk about it bringing in "£2000 per month" when it could only be that little if everyone was on the £3.50 tier - and we know that's not true.

Perhaps we should base our calculations on the highest tier, not the lowest. If the true figure is less than that, she'll be able to easily prove it by following Patreon's recommendations and making the figures publicly available.

Something like: "Jack Monroe has taken up to £350,000 from Patreon supporters in the last year alone. She has not sent any of the promised rewards to her backers for 20 months, and has admitted to having blown their money on sideboards and drugs."

(I still think her tipjar is a bigger scandal, but Patreon is less of a black hole)
I saw this on Twitter:
Screenshot_20230115-140056-01.jpeg

Basically saying somewhere between £1925 and £30800 a month. Imagine if she's getting in excess of £10k a month from donations alone. Extraordinary.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 72
Who remembers when Jack came across an article about home interiors in something SB was reading 😏 and comforted us all by letting us know she didn’t want any fancy stuff she was happy with her mishmash of charity shop stuff and skip dive
FD9C6028-8D00-45B6-B383-A985C6186B24.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 43
Who remembers when Jack came across an article about home interiors in something SB was reading 😏 and comforted us all by letting us know she didn’t want any fancy stuff she was happy with her mishmash of charity shop stuff and skip dive
View attachment 1884557
Shows how many budget nursing homes she HAS NOT set foot in.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
View attachment 1884557
The avid Liverpool fans were reading the Sun. No shade to SB* he's way too young to know why that's a problem but you'd think Mamapapa might have mentioned it during one of their lengthy kickyball chats.

Link to archive of the original article https://archive.ph/CXDLw

*Also I somehow doubt he was reading about interiors.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
Her book shelves are full of some wonderful looking books with different kinds of food styles. it amazes me she gets it so wrong.
It's abundantly clear she's never read them. After all, her self admitted 160 books read last year were almost all airport thrillers, plus her own.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I saw this on Twitter:View attachment 1884550

Basically saying somewhere between £1925 and £30800 a month. Imagine if she's getting in excess of £10k a month from donations alone. Extraordinary.
I remember when she said that Patreon did not even cover her rent and bills. She told the Guardian journalist that it cost her £3,300 per month to run her house exclusive of heating. So she could be bringing in upwards of £40,000 per year and that statement would still be true. Guardian journalist said she broke down the sums for him and 'it's a far cry from the stringent budgeting that made her name'. Still a secret from the public. I cannot see not valuing the people who provide your bread and butter more.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 65
View attachment 1884557
Interior design now part of the boys portfolio of interests, what a prodigious little boffin he is.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I saw this on Twitter:View attachment 1884550

I don't see why we should give her any benefit of the doubt whatsoever.

She loves finding tricksy ways to anchor the figures for her income & expenses as low as possible in people's minds. That's what all the "a salary of only £25k", "below minimum hourly wage", "only a single lightbulb", "no money for shampoo" nonsense is about. She never mentions that the salary from her ltd company was only one of her income streams alongside dividends and directors loans, and that the Patreon & tipjar money that seems to have been paid directly to her rather than to On A Bootstrap Ltd. It's so bleeping disingenuous, and it's clear that she does it deliberately.

We should stop doing her work for her. Use the highest possible estimates, and let her deny it if she wants to - she's the one who has the actual figures to hand, after all.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
That looks delicious and the instructions are lovely too.
Makes it sound so appealing straightaway. Something she can never achieve.
Absolutely agreed. In fact I'm off to the shops to get a chicken and some green veg! That's how recipes should work - looks delicious and makes you want to cook/eat it rather than tip it straight in the bin..

Reactions: 24
Interior design now part of the boys portfolio of interests, what a prodigious little boffin he is.
Mamapapa, I am just putting together a mood board for our forever home. One day you shall make love to a tomato and sing songs of chard to a hydrangea as it blooms in the spring.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
I think a good comparison for Jack’s Patreon is Ola Hercules:

Tiers from £2.00 up to £100 (!) but should think most are on low to mid tiers. However she has fewer patrons. Look at why she brings in though...

1B015F24-7731-422A-A6AC-5DD3212CE010.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
I have been looking on RightMove at the properties available in her area. Now I am not know for being mean or nasty (much where Jack is concerned) but the whole area looks like a retirement village. An upmarket one I'll give you, but a place people go when they want "nice" and "quiet" but somewhat boring. No offence to any Thorpe Bay Frau's, it's just something I've taken from the (admittedly few) online photos.

Jack thinks she is a quirky edgy 30 something single parent. At the same time she aspires to live in a place where Moorcroft pottery, Chinese Shensi rugs and chintz curtains are more the norm.

I just don't get it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 92
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.