Jack Monroe #462 Tectonic plates make less fuss about moving

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's so bloody thick..as thick as her bowls of slop ( shudders)
Floor to ceiling windows.. by this time next week she'll have tweeted a pic with her stood outside the flat with a gormless grin and pointy finger 😁👆

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Looks like Awfully Molly has deleted all her tweets.
Ooohhh isn't that a precursor to legal action. The person has to be approached 1st and asked to delete or retract? Or Molly just got the ick from overzealous loons that like her?

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Seeing the state of her acolytes makes me ashamed to be left wing. There's a type isn't there? Take out the rage nans and it's earnest do-gooder types. Boils my piss.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
We will soon know when we see how old Jackie behaves in the next couple of hours

Reactions: 31
I have been looking on RightMove at the properties available in her area. Now I am not know for being mean or nasty (much where Jack is concerned) but the whole area looks like a retirement village. An upmarket one I'll give you, but a place people go when they want "nice" and "quiet" but somewhat boring. No offence to any Thorpe Bay Frau's, it's just something I've taken from the (admittedly few) online photos.

Jack thinks she is a quirky edgy 30 something single parent. At the same time she aspires to live in a place where Moorcroft pottery, Chinese Shensi rugs and chintz curtains are more the norm.

I just don't get it.
You’ve described Thorpe Bay pretty well. The main part of it is quiet retirement bungalow type houses. Then large mansions with a mix of families and older retirees and another section which has large family homes. Personally I’d be happy living there as I love the quiet but no way would I ever be able to afford it!

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I had always assumed that F&B paint was "traditional" in the sense of being formulated for lime-plaster walls. So: breathable (matt, no vinyl) and less colour-saturated to be applied to the more absorbent surface in several layers. Maybe explains why it seems thin and marks easily compared to modern expectations?
Then again I've never spent £50 on 2.5 litres of paint lol so have no actual experience of it!
They do one called modern emulsion which is a modern formulation, then they do estate emulsion which has as more traditional finish but still a modern formulation. They also do eggshell for kitchens and bathrooms.

They do also sell a lime based one for traditional plasters.

Our I think they do from memory

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I've just tried the Awfully Molly blog and it doesn't seem top be loading. It could be my laptop being a cock. Can another frau give it a go?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
I think a good comparison for Jack’s Patreon is Ola Hercules:

Tiers from £2.00 up to £100 (!) but should think most are on low to mid tiers. However she has fewer patrons. Look at why she brings in though...

View attachment 1884593
This would give her an avg per sub fee of £14.12. Our estimates atm only cover 3 scenarios all <=£10 ps, I kept it at this as it was always conservative as in those 3 scenarios (shared below) could occur with 100% of subs on the lowest 3 tiers so she couldn’t say we were being unfair. This is something I no longer care about so happy to add more in if that’s what’s wanted here, maybe £15 and £20 (I think £20 is v improbable tho) and show the corresponding break down of subscriber count per tier to help us consider how probable we think it is?

0D50DF60-B333-4246-85D8-891892D2CF43.png

Obvs Jack could always just stop hiding revenue and we could accurately report on it for her alongside the above subscriber movements 🤭

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I've been to a number of 'Greek' funerals 🔺 and I can categorically state that absolutely NOBODY in their time of grief has the time to make mountains of roast potatoes for the mourners. OMG I just can't with this fraud.
Funeral potatoes are American. Mormon, and some flavours of Baptist and Evangelical Christianity. She's nicked the idea and tried to apply it to her heritage.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Morning Ninnies!! King Chrismate’s Revenge is giving me life!!! Like @heretoreaditall2019 says, if you come for him you better not miss!! 🤣🤣🤣

Like I’ve said here a tedious number of times, Karma is a great Goddess, she moves in silence, she takes her time, and then one day … BLAM!!! 🤣🤣🤣
Have I missed a Chris Giles chaos?
he’s the thinking woman’s totty.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Problem is, if someone libels you, and you choose not to sue, and that post has sufficient reach (particularly when you reply to it yourself and draw attention to it), when someone "relevant enough to sue" says the same words, the serious harm argument can't be easily borne out, as irrelevant squig can be argued to have caused the harm. As such, where's the loss? The Katie Hopkins case was one person saying something so bafflingly obviously wrong that it was easy at least to show that any harm from that statement was down to her rather than now with these 100s of other people, newspapers, anonymous squigs, etc.

If lots of people are calling you something you consider to be untrue, which one damaged your rep? Ditto now if anyone mentions an addiction she hasn't had, because she's admitted addiction, it's going to be harder to show a reputation experiencing serious harm from being accused of taking the wrong drug... Isn't it?

It's the same reason big brands sue small businesses using their trademarks etc.
They can't risk any brand erosion as if they do, when they sue someone big, they can come unstuck.

Makes you think.
This is why I think the publisher might take a chance on her memoir.

Unless she comes out with something new and explosive, if it’s the rehash of the previous poverty TL I expect it will be there will be absolutely duck all her parents, SBs Dad, other exes and LJC (talking specifically about the leaving her with the lease thing for this) can do about it other than speak out (which would likely increase memoir sales) because she’s said it so many times on Twitter, in interviews etc that it will be basically impossible for any of them to say it’s causing more harm by being in a memoir than it was by being in the Guardian, times, mirror, all over Twitter, alluded to in previous books. And as far as we know, there’s never been any objection to those - I’ve never seen a note saying there’s a correction based on contact from any of them, the articles stay up and aren’t removed, so they’ve lost their chance, tit as that is.

I think the publisher will go for it but keep her on a tighter leash than they did with the recipes/hacks, going for maximum profit from the fact people will buy/read it to pull it apart.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.