Jack Monroe #462 Tectonic plates make less fuss about moving

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Feel weird screenshotting but someone's just tweeted pictures of their baby in a high chair eating Jack's black bean and peanut slop. Good luck to them with that nappy.
Surely you're not supposed to feed your baby nuts in the first couple of years in case they got sensitised? Or was that just a thing when I had little ones?

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
I just realised why she recommended salt water and washing up liquid as a stain remover.

Salt is how you remove bloodstains. If it’s on clothes I soak in salt water. But I wouldn’t do that with upholstery in case it leaves a tide mark…

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Are any of these one beds?
One bed with a second bed that if you put a bed in, it would be a bedroom. But if you filled it with Cotswold cupboards, it definitely wouldn't be a bedroom. Oh no. Definitely a 1 bed but with a Cotswold room.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
That's opened up a couple more option on GFFs on Rightmove 🔺️

Views of golf course would be my best bet.
The sign at the front of that reminds me of Fawlty Towers. I trust we'll have no letter rearranging silliness from the VILE TROLLS if it does turn out to be the new Slop Mansions.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
When I worked in the home dept. of Laura Ashley the consensus amongst my more experienced colleagues was that F&B paint was crap - thin, poor coverage, etc...

Prepared to be corrected though as I've never used it myself - I come from a family where 20 litres of brilliant white emulsion was the norm!
When we moved into our period property (aka a manky victorian terrace) we used f&b paint because our walls are horsehair plaster and needed to breathe or something (this was 1998 and i can't exactly recall) and honestly, it was fine. My dad is a painter by trade and was perfectly happy with it and it lasted about a decade before we redecorated.

By that time we accepted the reality that we have horsehair plaster etc because we live in an unmodernised dump, not an architectural gem and just used b&q cheap emulsion. And actually we have more mould and damp now so maybe the letting your walls breathe stuff was kosher....

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
That'll be a bugger in winter!

Also, floor to ceiling windows are really annoying. Our place has them, and just eww.
FFS you just reminded me of me and OH's rented flat when we first met, and the glass floor to ceiling, with nudist/exhibitionist neighbours opposite on the development 🤮🤮🤮

And they weren't even in "good from afar, far from good" territory 🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Surely you're not supposed to feed your baby nuts in the first couple of years in case they got sensitised? Or was that just a thing when I had little ones?
I think they've started recommending you do feed them them now. It seems like not doing it was increasing sensitivities for some reason.

ETA, you deffo shouldn't feed baby Jackslop though! Poor bub

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Named "Monroe Investments Limited" - could be absolutely nothing but property ownership via trusts in Gibraltar etc would be a good way to hide who owned what.
Could be absolutely nothing - probably is absolutely nothing.....but if a flat with floor to ceiling windows pops up in her locale registered to Monroe Investments Ltd, that will be a bit of a giveaway, innit? LOL!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
No idea if it's related but a company based in Gibraltar behind another shell company/trust popped up on companies house, registered on 15th December 2022.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/OE008094

Named "Monroe Investments Limited" - could be absolutely nothing but property ownership via trusts in Gibraltar etc would be a good way to hide who owned what.
With nothing requiring filing for a considerable period of time in terms of accounts / etc.
Just had a quick dig on Companies House, beneficiaries of the trust are a couple of different property companies registered to Dutch investors. So I reckon its clear but who knows......

Reactions: 18
Feel weird screenshotting but someone's just tweeted pictures of their baby in a high chair eating Jack's black bean and peanut slop. Good luck to them with that nappy.
Probably a rare food that comes out more appetising than it goes in.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
It is. Our friend that's decorating for us (shock horror! We are FRIENDS with working class tradesmen! Who earn a bleeping fortune) and dealing with more 1970s/80s horror stories & artex has said he won't use F&B, but instead prefers to use Dulux colour match service as better coverage and tougher.
My dad was a builder/ plasterer/ decorator in the 80s and 90s and swore by brilliant white emulsion: it went on well, looked clean, made a room appear bigger and brighter and could be easily refreshed with the minimum of fuss. There was so much of it slopping about during my childhood that I get quite nostalgic in the trade paint sections of DIY stores...

Well, that and the smell of turps.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
You can actually buy F&B paint very cheaply. They give it away to community paint initiatives. They aren’t allowed to advertise it. You have to be lucky to get the colour, type of paint you want, but it’s very cheap. There’s a place near me that does it.

It’d be no good for her with a dog though anyway so she wants white or washable paint. If she does have a dog.

Reactions: 14
No idea if it's related but a company based in Gibraltar behind another shell company/trust popped up on companies house, registered on 15th December 2022.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/OE008094

With nothing requiring filing for a considerable period of time in terms of accounts / etc.
I did laugh at 'Irish town' and 'spend more lane' though.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Why is she breadcrumbing her new flat before she has even moved, after saying she is moving because of stalkers? In her own mind, I mean. What does she tell herself?
The FT article has been retweeted by a journalist with several thousand followers. In a quick look, many of their followers are journalists. So two recent articles referencing funds she has frittered away, at her own admission.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
I see hun 😉😘 thank you ❤

What do you reckon the post mortem of such a tit show would be like? This is her second book on thrift/survival during the second period of a universally fucked situation and it’s still not working… how can they possibly think the biography is viable?
Who knows? Jack's last two books were pretty bad, riinsed hoops, tomato soup made with tomato soup baked beans made with baked beans. And that promotional live stream for Bad Food when Jack disappeared halfway through, then appeared somewhat refreshed.

Jack and Carole have survived that. Is there ever going to be a stage where Bluebird/Pan McMillian, say duck that to the reputation damage - we don't want you or your work of fiction?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
If anyone ever wonders if she actually wants attention and to have her address found, it’s the windows talk. It’s mind blowing that a person in so much fear, would repeatedly give away key features of the property they’re about to move into. What have we had so far?

Communal gardens, floor to ceiling windows, garden, 1 bedroom (allegedly), she’s told us the date the offer was accepted (I think) and she’s staying local because she always stays local. Despite the fact her son lives miles away, so it’s nothing to do with being near his dad. It’s more to do with the fact that she herself can’t live more than about a mile from her parents - parents who allegedly did nothing when she was skin and bones and freezing and so was her son. Right.

• Heart
Reactions: 67
Just had a quick dig on Companies House, beneficiaries of the trust are a couple of different property companies registered to Dutch investors. So I reckon its clear but who knows......
Are these mysterious Dutch investors from Dordrecht?
PlaintiveImmediateAmericanmarten-max-1mb.gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
The sign at the front of that reminds me of Fawlty Towers. I trust we'll have no letter rearranging silliness from the VILE TROLLS if it does turn out to be the new Slop Mansions.
Nobody should do this because it would be very very naughty and wrong. If the sign were suddenly to read LIAR FAWNS or FAIL WARNS, then people would quite rightly be in big trouble.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
That’s the Simon Hokinson method, isn’t it? LOVE IT
It really is! His book "Roast Chicken & Other Stories" is a delight . I believe it was once voted "Most useful Cookbook" or something similar.

Something I fear that the Slopgoblin will never achieve...

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.