Jack Monroe #462 Tectonic plates make less fuss about moving

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is she breadcrumbing her new flat before she has even moved, after saying she is moving because of stalkers? In her own mind, I mean. What does she tell herself?
The FT article has been retweeted by a journalist with several thousand followers. In a quick look, many of their followers are journalists. So two recent articles referencing funds she has frittered away, at her own admission.
That's how you know she's really fucked it. If she still had a viable career these people wouldn't be retweeting that because they'd know there was a risk of meeting her or having to work with her at some point.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
You can't teach someone to play the piano by ear, you either can do it or you can't. I had over 10 years of piano lessons and can only pick out the basic right hand note, no chords or accompanying left handed part. My son has never had a lesson in his life and can play full pieces by ear

• Heart
Reactions: 43
her instructions for cooking a chicken makes me want to cry 😭 so careless and miserable. Roasting a chicken is one of the most joyful and comforting things to cook imo.
I recommend simon hopkinson style (prob not exactly accurate but from memory):

pat dry, season with salt and pepper, cover in butter, slice a lemon in half and squeeze all over the chicken then stuff the inside the cavity with a sprig of thyme. 15 mins at 210, baste, then a further 40 mins at 170.then turn the oven off and leave the chicken inside with the door ajar for a further 10 mins.

Then slice the chicken and let it bathe in all the delicious buttery lemony juices in the dish. serve with some sort of potatoes, braised greens and a big dollop of mustard

That looks amazing!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I see hun 😉😘 thank you ❤

What do you reckon the post mortem of such a tit show would be like? This is her second book on thrift/survival during the second period of a universally fucked situation and it’s still not working… how can they possibly think the biography is viable?
It would be the only Biography for sale in the Fiction section.

I'd be interested in which version of her made up life makes it into print TBH.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
If anyone ever wonders if she actually wants attention and to have her address found, it’s the windows talk. It’s mind blowing that a person in so much fear, would repeatedly give away key features of the property they’re about to move into. What have we had so far?

Communal gardens, floor to ceiling windows, garden, 1 bedroom (allegedly), she’s told us the date the offer was accepted (I think) and she’s staying local because she always stays local. Despite the fact her son lives miles away, so it’s nothing to do with being near his dad. It’s more to do with the fact that she herself can’t live more than about a mile from her parents - parents who allegedly did nothing when she was skin and bones and freezing and so was her son. Right.
Right! The claim in the Guardian interview that she didn't ask for help/reveal the extent of the pov cos she was scared he'd be taken off her was mind-blowingly disingenuous and offensive. As if he doesn't have a father and grandparents who would never have let that happen even if you could get your kids taken off you for being skint (you can't jack, you'd know this if you were remotely working class adjacent). Just offensive insulting codswallop meant to whip up sympathy. From my understanding of social services the kids taken away are in actual danger to life which is why we've seen such heartbreaking and sickening stories of these kids slipping through the net in lockdown. The comparison is vile.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 65
It would be the only Biography for sale in the Fiction section.

I'd be interested in which version of her made up life makes it into print TBH.
I do kind of what this to happen for services to comedy. The canal will need a synchronised week off work.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I've been to a number of 'Greek' funerals 🔺 and I can categorically state that absolutely NOBODY in their time of grief has the time to make mountains of roast potatoes for the mourners. OMG I just can't with this fraud.
Possibly remembering this wrong, but aren't *funeral potatoes* a US thing? Maybe in the South, or linked to a particular flavour of religion?
What I am trying to say - another appropriation by our maverick pixie, perhaps.

• Wow
Reactions: 25
her instructions for cooking a chicken makes me want to cry 😭 so careless and miserable. Roasting a chicken is one of the most joyful and comforting things to cook imo.
I recommend simon hopkinson style (prob not exactly accurate but from memory):

pat dry, season with salt and pepper, cover in butter, slice a lemon in half and squeeze all over the chicken then stuff the inside the cavity with a sprig of thyme. 15 mins at 210, baste, then a further 40 mins at 170.then turn the oven off and leave the chicken inside with the door ajar for a further 10 mins.

Then slice the chicken and let it bathe in all the delicious buttery lemony juices in the dish. serve with some sort of potatoes, braised greens and a big dollop of mustard

That looks delicious and the instructions are lovely too.
Makes it sound so appealing straightaway. Something she can never achieve.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I just feel like her house is so posh omg. Like, it must’ve cost sooo much money to buy all of those books 🥲. She’ll obviously say they were all second hand / a gift / found in a puddle / 50p in a jumble sale, but I just think, how can she show all this stuff off whilst pretending to be on the bones of her arse, unscrewing light bulbs and making shampoo out of soap?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
The carrot soup is a bit light on carrots. 500g is 4 big ones - 350g as she suggests is probably 3? But she puts two large onions with the carrots which is a lot of onion for one soup. However, she says she usually uses butternut squash which typically weigh about 1kg before deseeding. Two stock cubes is also quite a lot but then she is adding a lot of liquid. More stock and coconut milk than carrots, really.

If I cared enough I’d cook it but because I actually like carrot soup - I’ve just had some homemade carrot and ginger soup for my lunch - I shan’t.

Reactions: 29
That's opened up a couple more option on GFFs on Rightmove 🔺️

Views of golf course would be my best bet.
With all this fascinating F&B paint chat over on the hellsite, I'm now wondering if 'Grifters Chuff' will cover the lurid pink in the mysterious other, other room with the bed in it? 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I just realised why she recommended salt water and washing up liquid as a stain remover.

Salt is how you remove bloodstains. If it’s on clothes I soak in salt water. But I wouldn’t do that with upholstery in case it leaves a tide mark…
Are you saying Old Harold and Burger Boy may not have LEFT?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Her book shelves are full of some wonderful looking books with different kinds of food styles. it amazes me she gets it so wrong.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
I just feel like her house is so posh omg. Like, it must’ve cost sooo much money to buy all of those books 🥲. She’ll obviously say they were all second hand / a gift / found in a puddle / 50p in a jumble sale, but I just think, how can she show all this stuff off whilst pretending to be on the bones of her arse, unscrewing light bulbs and making shampoo out of soap?
It's a terrible contradictory situation to be in, wanting to cosplay poverty while simultaneously showing off.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
LJC maybe that could be her next book - Wean in Grifteen! It’s literally ideal for her - recipes require no texture, no seasoning, minimal flavour, and they are MEANT to look like slop. Bloody hell Jack, I think I’ve just had the idea that’ll buy you your forever home. You’re welcome.
Feel weird screenshotting but someone's just tweeted pictures of their baby in a high chair eating Jack's black bean and peanut slop. Good luck to them with that nappy.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.