Jack Monroe #462 Tectonic plates make less fuss about moving

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Blog has defo gone - legal action for sure. It will only be a C&D but that will be enough to scare her I’m sure.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
This would give her an avg per sub fee of £14.12. Our estimates atm only cover 3 scenarios all <=£10 ps, I kept it at this as it was always conservative as in those 3 scenarios (shared below) could occur with 100% of subs on the lowest 3 tiers so she couldn’t say we were being unfair. This is something I no longer care about so happy to add more in if that’s what’s wanted here, maybe £15 and £20 (I think £20 is v improbable tho) and show the corresponding break down of subscriber count per tier to help us consider how probable we think it is?

View attachment 1884651

Obvs Jack could always just stop hiding revenue and we could accurately report on it for her alongside the above subscriber movements 🤭
Would you mind doing one for £14.12? Olia's Patreon is pretty hard to argue against as a benchmark, so let's use it!

ETA: Thanks for all the work you've done on this, btw!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
On the train home after a riotous weekend in the big smoke 🔺 which included some trips into bookshops - one in the newly opened Battersea Power Station as well as Selfridges on Oxford Street so quite different shops. There Was No Trace whatsoever of Grifty Kitchen! Has it been pulled or should I have been looking in the DIY section? Or the Adult Entertainment shelf. Or has it sunk softly, gently, quietly without a trace? Lots of other splendid cookbooks though so it should have been “on topic” - photos for forensic evidence. Oh and I bought BoL 😈

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I can get into the blog via others tweets rather than through Mollys page, so maybe it’s ok? 🙏🏼

• Wow
Reactions: 26
Blog has defo gone - legal action for sure. It will only be a C&D but that will be enough to scare her I’m sure.
Gah! Easy for me to say but I wish she'd stood up to her, there is no way quoting someones own tweets constitutes libel. Hopefully it's just temporary until she gets advice on how to deal with a rich scammer using their wealth to shut down people asking questions. Still we may get our court outfits yet, frauen.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 57
Could that fucker come after Tattle?
This is why I think the publisher might take a chance on her memoir.

Unless she comes out with something new and explosive, if it’s the rehash of the previous poverty TL I expect it will be there will be absolutely duck all her parents, SBs Dad, other exes and LJC (talking specifically about the leaving her with the lease thing for this) can do about it other than speak out (which would likely increase memoir sales) because she’s said it so many times on Twitter, in interviews etc that it will be basically impossible for any of them to say it’s causing more harm by being in a memoir than it was by being in the Guardian, times, mirror, all over Twitter, alluded to in previous books. And as far as we know, there’s never been any objection to those - I’ve never seen a note saying there’s a correction based on contact from any of them, the articles stay up and aren’t removed, so they’ve lost their chance, tit as that is.

I think the publisher will go for it but keep her on a tighter leash than they did with the recipes/hacks, going for maximum profit from the fact people will buy/read it to pull it apart.
And they're all enabling fuckers probably just relieved the grift keeps a roof over her head and she's off their hands. She hasn't and couldn't hold down a job in the real world, it was either find a well off partner (god knows she tried) or plough on with the grift. They'll have to grit their teeth an accept the memoir. Cant be anything new in there anyway with her chronic oversharing.

Sorry done a chaos there in the quoting. Visions of us all with the Cat A's doing a stint for not liking Jack Monroe.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Would you mind doing one for £14.12? Olia's Patreon is pretty hard to argue against as a benchmark, so let's use it!

ETA: Thanks for all the work you've done on this, btw!
Yeah ofc, I’ll do it once the toddler is in bed. But quick fag packet calc for u, using the 2022 avg of 668 subs per month that’d give her just shy of £100k per annum after 12% fees.

CF640D81-7BA5-4E16-A94C-C07AAD5D8757.jpeg

And bless you <I love the dramanumbers Mick.gif> it’s no bother ! But thank you ❤

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
That happened before, after someone 🍉 her from a picture that had a prescription visible in it or something. I'm a probably being a horrible old cynic, but my default reaction to any Twitter drama now is to roll my eyes...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Can a legal frau help the canal with what basis she can do that on? Given that Mollys defence has always been that she's only sharing info in the public domain that Jack has put there?

• Heart
Reactions: 35
That happened before, after someone 🍉 her from a picture that had a prescription visible in it or something. I'm a probably being a horrible old cynic, but my default reaction to any Twitter drama now is to roll my eyes...
Gutted she’s deleted all her Tweets though.

I smell a Sunday night chaos brewing…

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I can still see everything on AM's website? the one linked in the twitter bio
I wonder if it's just a browser glitch. I'm using Chrome. It just looks a bit ominous with the deleted tweets but I expect we'll need to wait and see if Jack comes back like this 🥰 or like this 😡

ETA: Works fine on my phone just not on the laptop. I suspect a technical issue rather than pro bono lawyers.

Reactions: 33
Same and AM has done things before that show she’s as gleeful as Jack with a bit of drama.

Can a legal frau help the canal with what basis she can do that on? Given that Mollys defence has always been that she's only sharing info in the public domain that Jack has put there?
You can send basically anyone a legal letter for any reason. They don’t have to comply if they aren’t doing anything wrong, but if I’m being charitable to AM then I’d guess contact has been made addressed to her with her name and it’s freaked her the duck out.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.