Jack Monroe #462 Tectonic plates make less fuss about moving

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There was a niche yet cult top shelf magazine in the 1990s “Splosh!” Whose USP was pics of lasses in their underwear having gloopy stuff thrown over them, mainly food (beans, custard, jelly, jam, gravy, oats, treacle, rice pudding) but sometimes mud, PAINT or oil. There was often a sub plot going involving uniforms nurses, firefighters, police etc. Oats often featured if horses and jodhpurs were involved. The headlines and subs were legendary.
It’s really her perfect niche she’s not bothered about cleanliness and has an infinite supply of slop and paint.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Wait, I missed Caroline dropping in for tea?!
Can you remember when it was?
I think thread 419 but honestly she was so bleeping dull it’s barely worth it. She’s just another MLM hun who believes in side hustles over a functioning state and won’t speak badly of her grifting overlord.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Caroline of the Hands was working for Jack much longer than I thought.

March 2018 until September 2021 apparently - that's a lot of potentialslop to have ingested, she earned that furlough pay imo.

• Haha
I'm going back to the FT article. I have a sub and used to hang around in the comments section 🧀 before I donned my forever pinny and grew my Frau wings.

The comments are incredible. Someone's gone off on one about Kierkegaard. A response suggests the solution is to keep a diary instead of spaffing your projections and insecurities over social media - just like Marcus Aurelius did!

Then there was a "conditio sine qua non"...
I'm absolutely 🦉🍾 for old (financial) times sake.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Reactions: 31
PIVOT!!!

So sorry, I'll get my coat...

My cousin worked for a moving firm for a bit, he said that the WORST things in the world to try and shift were pianos, gym equipment, and Chesterfield sofas.

Apparently they are so big, so stiff, and so very unable to be partly disassembled that getting them in and out of upper flats, or and around the angles of stairs and entry halls was almost impossible. Also they weigh roughly the same as an African Bull Elephant and caused more injuries than most other things put together.

They used to charge triple their standard price the instant they saw a Chesterfield. One time they had to get the front window of the house removed in order to get the thing out in one piece. (When asked how they had got the monstrosity into the room originally, the lady laughed and said they had built the extension around it thirty years previously, and never moved it since)
[/QUOTE

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Just been mithering about on Facebook and found this comment on response to Jack’s request for a piano teacher. Makes her claim that she taught SB herself even more laughable when she’d been clearly given this advice.
8700E8DD-310C-4BDA-BAAC-A6241BBE7052.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I'm not caught up but I'm just in awe this evening. We're in a real cost of living crisis, we're about to enter another cold snap, strikes are constantly in the news and she has a cook book to promote. And what is she tweeting about? Paint colours. Again.

Thanks Jack for all you do.

• Haha
Reactions: 67
She's in the dining room/fake shed/snug there. The picture rail is visible. She has the sofa in front of the French door.
So is this the room she’s sleeping in? The dining room where she had all the Cotswolds and the big table?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I'm not caught up but I'm just in awe this evening. We're in a real cost of living crisis, we're about to enter another cold snap, strikes are constantly in the news and she has a cook book to promote. And what is she tweeting about? Paint colours. Again.

Thanks Jack for all you do.
All the main weekend papers covered the increased profits of the major supermarkets over Christmas as the figures were released in last 5 days for the big ones and they are up quite a lot on previous years. She hasn’t mentioned this (wonder if she will after reading this 🤣) but nationals all covered in depth. Don’t think she regular reads a newspaper- they don’t have pretty coloured covers!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
So is this the room she’s sleeping in? The dining room where she had all the Cotswolds and the big table?
The room with the Cotswolds, big table and the bay window was the living room but is now the dining room.

In the photos you posted she's in what was the dining room, then the fake shed studio and is now what she referred to as the family snug.

• Haha
@Dogmuck

This is where Jack sleeps.

Screenshot_20230116-003102_Opera.jpg

Not actually on the sideboard, but in this room.

This room was the dining room (2019)
Fake shed filming studio (2020)
Family snug (2021 to present day)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 63
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.