Jack Monroe #460 Foghorn Beghorn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But she’s the ‘someone’. No one forced her to set up a Patreon! FFS.
And asking someone POLITELY for an update on the awards they were promised is not "demanding". As much as Jack might like to pretend it is.

Reactions: 32
I wish she'd stop going on about the bleeping hydrangea. They were selling them, potted, lovely colours, growing nice and healthy and a lovely size in Lidl for about a fiver last year. Half of the estate I live on 🍉 have them in their front gardens, they aren't a bloody status symbol

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
LJC reading about this move is so tedious. Knowing she’s only repeatedly posting about the smol-ness of the new place as a subtle tip jar rattle doesn’t help.

Why does she use the word 'couch'? Is that an Essex thing? Or is she trying to make some sort of class-based point?

I'd have thought that 'sofa' was the default term pretty much everywhere in the UK over the past 20 years. Maybe 'settee' for a slightly more down-at-heel equivalent, but that's pretty old fashioned now, isn't it?
Me and the OH (he hasn’t LEFT) are from Southend and use couch mainly

Reactions: 29
I'm not her agent but I've got my head in my hands. She must know how the slum landlord comment is going to play out? I give it an hour before a flounce and a deactivation.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Is Jack blessing you with good things always in your life like the Mafia Godfather's kiss? Run, squig, run!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I'm not her agent but I've got my head in my hands. She must know how the slum landlord comment is going to play out? I give it an hour before a flounce and a deactivation.
Jack's not going to deactivate, because that's how the TROLLS win. She's just going to keep on tweeting shite until she has no followers left #winning

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Forgive me if my heart doesn’t break that a woman and the son who lives with her very sporadically are moving out of a house that could comfortably accommodate a family of six.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
Wait so her tenancy ends in a month but her new home isn't ready for another six?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Forgive me if my heart doesn’t break that a woman and the son who lives with her very sporadically moving out of a house that could comfortably accommodate a family of six.
D'awwww she's really taking it all on the chin though isn't she? #sobrave

• Haha
Reactions: 26
May your life be blessed with all the good things always.

???

Ok hun. Because that’s a normal piece of advice. Life’s tit. Being real, it’s tit. It’s interspersed with less tit bits but it’s tit. Pretending that everything is ok and raining unicorns is twatty and makes people feel like they are failing when the good things aren’t happening all the time. We aren’t all going to have happy endings Jack, that isn’t how it works. We don’t all stop when we own our house/get a relationship/have a pet/children/job (delete as applicable).

Stop acting like a 7 year old who needs to live in a bleeping fairytale and grow up.

* I have deliberately not ordered these and may have missed out an “event”. Apologies.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
As for the Northern Lights, she'll be lucky. My mate 🍉 has just come back from a Hurtigruten cruise to Tromso and only saw them on two nights. He said they were "underwhelming" and the cruise staff said that this year has not been great for seeing the Northern Lights.

So good luck sighting them in Scotland Jack.
I would like to respectfully disagree as I saw an amazing display in December, in a country beginning with 'G'. But nevertheless I v much doubt you're going to see them in Scotland (otherwise we'd all be up there already).

Reactions: 24
Thurso is my nearest town 🍉 and we do see the Northern Lights regularly over winter, however unless it's a pretty high flare they're barely visible to the naked eye, just a very vague green glow on the horizon.

It's taken me nearly a week to catch up after my bastard pancreas launched an assassination attempt just before new year and I spent five days out of my skull on morphine in a high dependency unit. Worryingly there was more than one day when the first answer that came into my head for everything anybody asked me was 'Big Dave's Humiliating Trousers', but I think I managed not to say it out loud!

Still in hospital and will be for at least another week, but very happy to be back in real time.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 146
I wish she'd stop going on about the bleeping hydrangea. They were selling them, potted, lovely colours, growing nice and healthy and a lovely size in Lidl for about a fiver last year. Half of the estate I live on 🍉 have them in their front gardens, they aren't a bloody status symbol
What happened to the tomatoes she was planting in... June? July? How close are they to fruiting, Jack?

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.