Jack Monroe #445 A criminal, liar, fraud, grifter and all round heartless asshole

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tender ones, I fear I am beyond the help of even four therapists on speed dial. Tonight, I made the banana peel pancakes & there is insufficient mind bleach to unsee the things I witnessed tonight in my own little sanctuary I have previously called home. Even the squabbling cats are too traumatised to keep up their feline warfare.

Spoiler alert; I made this exactly as per the recipe until the very end when I got a bit agitated by what was going on in my own kitchen… Also, I have no idea how to do the spoiler alert stuff so apologies for dragging unsuspecting victims to join my complete mental breakdown & very recent serious concussion (as in last hour from banging head against a convenient wall as the gloop gradually turned beige & even more unappetising)

1) Recipe

2) Finely sliced bananas (with skin as she only retrospectively informs the reader to finely chop the skin separately

3) Pop banana slices in a bowl with the milk & oil

4) Beat well with the tines (prongs) of a fork. Not entirely sure how you would beat it with anything else, like the handle, but I’m just a simpleton in the kitchen c/w our Jackie

5) Oh, I was meant to realise I should have peeled the bananas first 🤦‍♀️ Oh well, lucky I’ve got one of them bullet gadgets that you so helpfully suggest after I’ve mashed banana peel until my crumbly wrists disintegrated. I digress

6) Add flour & beat well to combine to a thick smooth batten (stet) 🤔

View attachment 1838917View attachment 1838918View attachment 1838925View attachment 1838929View attachment 1838933View attachment 1838936
Holy gruel! 🫣

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Tender ones, I fear I am beyond the help of even four therapists on speed dial. Tonight, I made the banana peel pancakes & there is insufficient mind bleach to unsee the things I witnessed tonight in my own little sanctuary I have previously called home. Even the squabbling cats are too traumatised to keep up their feline warfare.

Spoiler alert; I made this exactly as per the recipe until the very end when I got a bit agitated by what was going on in my own kitchen… Also, I have no idea how to do the spoiler alert stuff so apologies for dragging unsuspecting victims to join my complete mental breakdown & very recent serious concussion (as in last hour from banging head against a convenient wall as the gloop gradually turned beige & even more unappetising)

1) Recipe

2) Finely sliced bananas (with skin as she only retrospectively informs the reader to finely chop the skin separately

3) Pop banana slices in a bowl with the milk & oil

4) Beat well with the tines (prongs) of a fork. Not entirely sure how you would beat it with anything else, like the handle, but I’m just a simpleton in the kitchen c/w our Jackie

5) Oh, I was meant to realise I should have peeled the bananas first 🤦‍♀️ Oh well, lucky I’ve got one of them bullet gadgets that you so helpfully suggest after I’ve mashed banana peel until my crumbly wrists disintegrated. I digress

6) Add flour & beat well to combine to a thick smooth batten (stet) 🤔

View attachment 1838917View attachment 1838918View attachment 1838925View attachment 1838929View attachment 1838933View attachment 1838936
And then what happened???????? Pray continue!

Reactions: 19
♡Viv just for her insistence on being herself. Reminded me of that epic spat between her and Jarman over Jubilee

• Heart
Reactions: 27
They seem to have a solid MC following and are big on Mumsnet
Ahh, I no longer visit Mumsnet. I do like molke although I'm not a rabid fan like some on the book of face. They do have excellent customer service.

Reactions: 21
I wonder how much in Tips Jack has made from retweeting that tit thesis on the difference between her shite and 30p Lee’s shite?

• Haha
Reactions: 26
[
I’m personally shocked at Jack talking about bottles with corks in. Surely this is unnecessary trauma for people in recovery who can’t even walk past booze in supermarkets? (Sorry if already said, been to the pub and catching up)
It isn’t just about the trauma, it’s about the bottles acting as potential cues.

It’s almost as if she knows nothing about addiction and the theories surrounding it.

Reactions: 45
RIP. So glad she was with her family when she died.
Jack you absolute cock. Whatever you are thinking of doing ..don't. put the tartan away and sit on your dirty hands.
RIP. Yes, at least her family was with her as it should be when a dearly loved family member passes away.

I'm just hoping Jack doesn't do the same thing as she did when Kate Spade passed away, just photograph consumer goods from her brand. 😔

Edited to add that I'd forgotten it was another incident of noting having bought one bag for every book deal. So a real merail at a really sad time where a person's life was cut short.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
I'm watching Bridesmaids. Thought it wasn't my kinda thing but it's so funny. And right now, the Jacki gif is on:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Was it the 'Year in 120 Recipes' Jack that penned the Come to Bed Carbonara and duck me Fish Sauce? If so, I pick that one. It still haunts me.

ETA I nearly dropped my knitting, just realised you said the best but I'd read it as the worst. I'll stand by my choice
Best and Worst are interchangeable, tender one. And Yes, yes it was indeed that one. (Confirmed)
5679BB79-678C-4ADC-9FE5-257D27EC9BBC.gif

Even the ingredients and instructions are grim, and not just because most of them should be nowhere near a Carbonaaaraa in the first place
6AF9F92B-E7B1-4644-92A2-5F617C2D4BF7.jpeg
238ACF65-9F30-40A8-B147-6F231473A446.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
Well, my dear beans, that is because while said tool belt book was published in August 2018, unfortunately Jack didn’t come up with that particular fabricated embellishment of THE POVERTY until December 2018.

Sadly, therefore it was made up too late (CONFIRMED) to make the cover.

View attachment 1839003
Wait I thought we forensically established that a basic can opener was 50p four years after that quote?

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Doing a bit of grunking and seen a couple more examples of Jackanory's complete misunderstanding of food and flavours. She claims that distilled malt vinegar works in place of other "light coloured vinegars". Trying to substitute malt vinegar for white wine or cider vinegar will result in inedible, vinegar-flavoured food. If she actually knew what she was doing, she would suggest lemon juice as a vinegar substitute. Or point out that cider vinegar is quite cheap and nice.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Doing a bit of grunking and seen a couple more examples of Jackanory's complete misunderstanding of food and flavours. She claims that distilled malt vinegar works in place of other "light coloured vinegars". Trying to substitute malt vinegar for white wine or cider vinegar will result in inedible, vinegar-flavoured food. If she actually knew what she was doing, she would suggest lemon juice as a vinegar substitute. Or point out that cider vinegar is quite cheap and nice.
Having partaken of her vinegar “cocktails” for the slopalong (I did the recommended “white” amongst others), I can attest that Jack thinks all vinegars (and also soda water, tonic water and sparkling water) are interchangeable. They’re interchangeably repulsive in fizzy water, I’ll give you that much.

Ironically, malt was the best one I tried- and by that I only mean malt was the least like drinking paint stripper.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 39
It's so overwrought and self-centred that I just know she wrote it and yet 'thank you' is two words. Really makes you think.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 77
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.