Jack Monroe #445 A criminal, liar, fraud, grifter and all round heartless asshole

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am currently 🍾 🦉 at this bit of detective work by a squig. The Mumsnet Madness account (63k followers) tweeted out this mystery and a squig has pointed the finger of suspicion at our smol friend.

Screenshot 2022-12-29 21.40.30.png

Screenshot 2022-12-29 21.40.48.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 77
Which book cover Jack
Pre-Leggy/During and Post-POVERTY, DESTITUTION AND PROSTITUTION #meanstreetsofsouthend
View attachment 1838826
The Leggy Years 18 months. Carbonaarraaa Anyone 👊? View attachment 1838827
Post-Leggy desperately needing “a thing” to keep me in CELEBRITY STATUS. Check out my tits, tats and tool belt, all y’all!
View attachment 1838828
Now TOTES over whatever the F it was I was saying back then #grabyomallets and #rinseyahoopsbyeeoochez PS, check out my tits!
View attachment 1838890
TOOT TOOT! ❄ Might as well change my shirt and knock two book covers out at the same photoshoot. Vegans, do as I say, not as I do! #Veganroundtheedgezzzz 😜 PS check out my tits!
View attachment 1838893
Smug grin, dead eyes: A year in 120 pieces of Cotswold Furniture #rinsePatreonsNotHoops (in DEAD Grandad’s Boiler Suit)
View attachment 1838833
The Grift EXPOSED, brassin’ it out with bleep oops! STUNT continuity Anne Boleyn Cosplay Hair and Primarni jeanz, suckas!
View attachment 1838834
Edit: OMG while I was twatting about collating photos, RIP Viv (RIP) 😢 Countdown to Jack making it all about her in 3, 2, 1… (ie when she finally comes up with a hot take and manages to collate her many, many puddle/thrift store Vivs for a perfornative pic- so in about 2-5 days time)
Can't see a mallet in her tool belt 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Which book cover Jack
Pre-Leggy/During and Post-POVERTY, DESTITUTION AND PROSTITUTION #meanstreetsofsouthend
View attachment 1838826
Post-Leggy desperately needing “a thing” to keep me in CELEBRITY STATUS. Check out my tits, tats and tool belt, all y’all!
View attachment 1838828
Now TOTES over whatever the F it was I was saying back then #grabyomallets and #rinseyahoopsbyeeoochez PS, check out my tits!
View attachment 1838890
TOOT TOOT! ❄ Might as well change my shirt and knock two book covers out at the same photoshoot. Vegans, do as I say, not as I do! #Veganroundtheedgezzzz 😜 PS check out my tits!
View attachment 1838893
Smug grin, dead eyes: A year in 120 pieces of Cotswold Furniture #rinsePatreonsNotHoops (in DEAD Grandad’s Boiler Suit)
View attachment 1838833
The Grift EXPOSED, brassin’ it out with bleep oops! STUNT continuity Anne Boleyn Cosplay Hair and Primarni jeanz, suckas!
View attachment 1838834
Edit: OMG while I was twatting about collating photos, RIP Viv (RIP) 😢 Countdown to Jack making it all about her in 3, 2, 1… (ie when she finally comes up with a hot take and manages to collate her many, many puddle/thrift store Vivs for a perfornative pic- so in about 2-5 days time)
🦉 and 🥂 at ‘Anne Boleyn cosplay hair’ 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Ugh I’m actually gutted. I really hope Jack stays away. RIP Viv. This quote made me sob.

849C5DBE-484E-44A3-B951-A96334D73F38.jpeg

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 54
I met Viv (RIP for real) in California many years back. She was dressed like a clown-doll and had a small white dog with her, that had been sprayed pink.

She was perfectly pleasant, if not a bit crackerjack.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Which book cover Jack
View attachment 1838826
View attachment 1838828
View attachment 1838890
View attachment 1838893
Smug grin, dead eyes: A year in 120 pieces of Cotswold Furniture #rinsePayPigsandPatreonsNotHoops (in DEAD Grandad’s Boiler Suit)
View attachment 1838833
View attachment 1838834
Edit: OMG while I was twatting about collating photos, RIP Viv (RIP) 😢 Countdown to Jack making it all about her in 3, 2, 1… (ie when she finally comes up with a hot take and manages to curate a cacophony of her many, many puddle/thrift store Vivs for a perfornative pic- so in about 2-5 days time)
Was it the 'Year in 120 Recipes' Jack that penned the Come to Bed Carbonara and duck me Fish Sauce? If so, I pick that one. It still haunts me.

ETA I nearly dropped my knitting, just realised you said the best but I'd read it as the worst. I'll stand by my choice

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Right now she's probably rifling through her boxes trying to find every Viv piece she has so she can display her grief (via clothing and bleeping filters) on twitter.

Don't, Jack. She could spot a fraud a mile off.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
Tender ones, I fear I am beyond the help of even four therapists on speed dial. Tonight, I made the banana peel pancakes & there is insufficient mind bleach to unsee the things I witnessed tonight in my own little sanctuary I have previously called home. Even the squabbling cats are too traumatised to keep up their feline warfare.

Spoiler alert; I made this exactly as per the recipe until the very end when I got a bit agitated by what was going on in my own kitchen… Also, I have no idea how to do the spoiler alert stuff so apologies for dragging unsuspecting victims to join my complete mental breakdown & very recent serious concussion (as in last hour from banging head against a convenient wall as the gloop gradually turned beige & even more unappetising)

1) Recipe

2) Finely sliced bananas (with skin as she only retrospectively informs the reader to finely chop the skin separately

3) Pop banana slices in a bowl with the milk & oil

4) Beat well with the tines (prongs) of a fork. Not entirely sure how you would beat it with anything else, like the handle, but I’m just a simpleton in the kitchen c/w our Jackie

5) Oh, I was meant to realise I should have peeled the bananas first 🤦‍♀️ Oh well, lucky I’ve got one of them bullet gadgets that you so helpfully suggest after I’ve mashed banana peel until my crumbly wrists disintegrated. I digress

6) Add flour & beat well to combine to a thick smooth batten (stet) 🤔

View attachment 1838917View attachment 1838918View attachment 1838925View attachment 1838929View attachment 1838933View attachment 1838936
Omg - you’ve made her some down pipe for the forever home bedroom!

91B63C68-A5EC-40FE-B70C-C7995EE8E300.jpeg

ps what made it that shade of grey? 😬

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 76
Can't see a mallet in her tool belt 🤔
Well, my dear beans, that is because while said tool belt book was published in August 2018, unfortunately Jack didn’t come up with that particular fabricated embellishment of THE POVERTY until December 2018.

Sadly, therefore it was made up too late (CONFIRMED) to make the cover.

7BDCEE02-27FF-414A-A6C2-7ECB2F32117D.jpeg

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 30
RIP. So glad she was with her family when she died.
Jack you absolute cock. Whatever you are thinking of doing ..don't. put the tartan away and sit on your dirty hands.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
The only caveat is we don’t know whether the requirements are the same now as when she’s talking about. They could have tightened or relaxed and unless a knowledgeable Frau was doing something similar to her at the same time, it’s hard to say.
As a forces adjacent Frau 🔺 I can confirm that RAF officer entry has been 2 x A-levels since before 2000. Can't be certain of GCSE requirements for airman, but I think it used to be 5. And I don't believe they would round up from 4 1/2 - they are very stern and measure people's arms A LOT. 📏

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Right now she's probably rifling through her boxes trying to find every Viv piece she has so she can display her grief (via clothing and bleeping filters) on twitter.

Don't, Jack. She could spot a fraud a mile off.
Viv would have had no time for Jack's histrionics at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
The Tin Can Crook cover is really annoying. Not only does she look smug, but you can tell the flying tin can has been photoshopped on above her motionless hand. Badly.
When she did the cover reveal, Jack tweeted to say the tin can was really there, WHEN YOU'VE QUITE FINISHED.

#TinCanTruther

(2019, not prepared to dig that receipt out)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
After drinking the €2 a litre Black Tower obviously......
I’m personally shocked at Jack talking about bottles with corks in. Surely this is unnecessary trauma for people in recovery who can’t even walk past booze in supermarkets? (Sorry if already said, been to the pub and catching up)

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 48
Ugh I’m actually gutted. I really hope Jack stays away. RIP Viv. This quote made me sob.

View attachment 1838970
Different definition of activism as Jack portrays isn't it? 🧐
Tbf I have no idea about the late great Dame Viv apart from that I met her once and that she designed punk clothes that filtered through to mainstream.
She looks to have set up various organisations and done good things.
If Jack dropped dead tomorrow (no, I'm not wishing you dead, Jack)...She'd look like she had too 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.