Jack Monroe #445 A criminal, liar, fraud, grifter and all round heartless asshole

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's a fire safety section in the wiki page 2
Also @Anyfulekno made a food safety list in the slopalong but it didn't go in the wiki yet, I've added some more below
  • Letting rice sit on the side for ages instead of cooling quickly - allows lots of Bacillus cereus bacteria to grow and give you the shits/food poisoning peanut milk rice pudding
  • frying tinned potatoes - they can explode due to the water content hot nicoise
  • storing/infusing herbs in oil - risk of botulism Whoa F*ck Dressing
  • Microwaving stone fruits to ripen - explodey, doesn't work, could duck up your microwave microwave ripening fruits
  • sprout scones because cooked (painstakingly) by the instructions they are bleeping raw
  • NEW says to use tuna tins as egg rings despite the risk of razor sharp edges, metal filings debris and the plastic coated lining not being suitable for cooking (releases toxins) Link
  • NEW says to reuse single use plastics e.g. squash bottles and oil spray bottles despite there being no effective way to sterilise them or remove all traces of rancid oil (botulism risk)
  • NEW says to use a knife and hammer to open cans instead of using a can opener (extremely danger)
I have to say the tuna tin egg ring one should be the end of any credibility she had left, that one alone is such a monumental duck up it's almost unbelievable
See, this is why I think she has never been sober (from any substance) because, well…

• Sad
Reactions: 26
Doesn't everyone react to harsh, unexpected noises? You ain't special, bub.
She’ll be coming out with bollocks like “I’ve always had a very violent, physical reaction to mouldy food. Funnily enough over the last few months I seem to be able to tolerate it better, it certainly has allowed me to extend my £20 budget further 🤪😋.”

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 49
Sorry if this has already been thought of (more than likely with you impressively forensic ninnies) - could the reason she is refusing to make public her Patreon earnings be because a whole group of them pay annually rather than monthly. Here and some on Twitter have estimated a very solid monthly income, but could she be hesitant at publicising the fact that when the Nigella recommendation went down a lot of those people committed to the 15% discount for a full year in advance. Even if only 10 of the new people did the £44 pcm (we’ve seen at least 2 vocal squigs for this amount so not beyond the realm of possibility) that’s a £4k instant hit after fees. Could it be that she would have to admit / explain she spunked all this cash up the wall at the beginning of the year if fully disclosing Patreon, obviously this would not fit into her chosen narrative.

• Wow
Reactions: 47
Oh my fecking god this is my aneurysm. My poor mum has terrible chronic PTSD from an abusive childhood (sorry for merail) and reacts terribly to loud noises, bangs etc and jumps at the sound of the bins going out. Jack has lifted this STRAIGHT off some sort of ‘psychology for Dummies’ book (bit like her tit ‘cooking’ books), and for some reason i’m so livid. You don’t get over it in a few months you absolute bleeping flat muffin. My mum grew up in ACTUAL poverty in a prefab WITHOUT NEON SIGNS, no bathroom or kitchen etc and has grown up to be a nice person AND an excellent cook. Shut the duck up, Jack, and stop it. Sorry for the long story.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 109
Sorry if this has already been thought of (more than likely with you impressively forensic ninnies) - could the reason she is refusing to make public her Patreon earnings be because a whole group of them pay annually rather than monthly. Here and some on Twitter have estimated a very solid monthly income, but could she be hesitant at publicising the fact that when the Nigella recommendation went down a lot of those people committed to the 15% discount for a full year in advance. Even if only 10 of the new people did the £44 pcm (we’ve seen at least 2 vocal squigs for this amount so not beyond the realm of possibility) that’s a £4k instant hit after fees. Could it be that she would have to admit / explain she spunked all this cash up the wall at the beginning of the year if fully disclosing Patreon, obviously this would not fit into her chosen narrative.
£4k. Nice.

New boiler.
New window that’s looking dodge.
Some put away for the car.

Nah!!!!!!

COTSWOLD

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I hope that someone from Trussell reads the book before making it available. They distanced themselves from the slogans on her merchandise, they may want to take a look at some of the advice she is handing out.

ps. I went to Trussell's website to see what they had written. They seem to have deleted the text of an entry dated 19th Dec concerning Thrifty Kitchen. Have Trussell decided they will not distribute her book at food banks? I know I am not tech savvy, can anyone else find reference to Jacks book on the Trussell website?

I see Bookshop.org is still promoting the scheme.
You know, as nice as it would be to see her truly get her comeuppance from the grift, I think it would really be fitting if people pick up on how dangerous some of these tips are and this is what ends it all.

She’d still have an outlet of blaming others, but instead of the trolls she’d have to turn on her agent, publisher, editor… all the people the book got past, it would really highlight how the issue goes deeper than just Southend’s Pinocchio-In-Chief.

ETA: also the knife thing is particularly nonsensical to me because when I helped at a food bank one of the first things they’d ask a user was if they had a tin opener and if they said no… we would give them one as part of the package! Because yes, inevitably a lot was cans, some don’t have ring pulls and ring pulls can break anyway. Are the TT not doing this because it seems pretty basic?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
Nah, she's implying autism.
Oh, I'm sorry I didn't pick that up. I hope nobody took offence. I'm quite a jumpy person who is unfortunately married to Foghorn Leghorn- I jump when he laughs or sneezes unexpectedly.
Apologies if I caused offence ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Oh, I'm sorry I didn't pick that up. I hope nobody took offence. I'm quite a jumpy person who is unfortunately married to Foghorn Leghorn- I jump when he laughs or sneezes unexpectedly.
Apologies if I caused offence ♥
Well, technically, she's suggesting some sort of sensory processing issue, but I seem to remember she's said before that she's diagnosed as autistic, so I suspect that's what she's getting at 👍🏻

I SAY I SAY I SAY I'm also a SOFL (Spouse Of Foghorn Leghorn). Solidarity, sister! 🔊

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
You know, as nice as it would be to see her truly get her comeuppance from the grift, I think it would really be fitting if people pick up on how dangerous some of these tips are and this is what ends it all.

She’d still have an outlet of blaming others, but instead of the trolls she’d have to turn on her agent, publisher, editor… all the people the book got past, it would really highlight how the issue goes deeper than just Southend’s Pinocchio-In-Chief.
I would like people to pick up on how dangerous her advice is. I would like this to happen before the book is given out at food banks. I think that there are enough people interested that the information will come out. The food blogger with 20,000 followers will notice for a start. I would like Trussell Trust to wake up to their responsibilities. I think they should never have facilitated the distribution of Tin Can Cook, and would like to see enough light shed on this that they do not do the same with Thrifty Kitchen. The bookseller info on distribution to food banks is that it will happen at the end of Jan.

I did wonder who would be ultimately responsible for the content of the book. Jack or publisher, editors.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
I’m quite relieved that we’ve now passed the “send doggos” phase of the chaos. Usually this means she will duck off for a bit and let me get some work done.
Didn't the canal believe Content (and SB) only live there on Tuesdays?

Can we just come back to this please?

a) possessive apostrophes please.
b) is she dropping hints that she is buying?
c) not the only one struggling? WTAF? People have had their mortgage payments pushed to unaffordable amounts, as house prices fall, people are going to go into negative equity, house moves are falling through costing people money and causing huge amounts of stress, in some areas, the rental market is so saturated people can’t move to suitable, affordable or decent housing.*

She is sitting on a lovely home (albeit one that is too big for her) that she is choosing to move out of (for one of three reasons it seems).

*Sorry for starting a housing discussion. My experience is limited to the “we never had prices go through the roof anyway” NE.
I think she's going to be "forced" to buy something (because poor people have that sort of money just lying around) if she doesn't just stay where she is (which also won't be her choice for some reason). She sort of backed herself into a corner with this year's pov claims, because the obvious response to "my rent is 95% of my income" is "well move somewhere you can afford to live then" and so she HAS to move now or at least pretend to, but I don't think she actually wants to. Despite the many, many problems that she has had with the crappy bungalow, a lovely massive house that is barely fit to live in. I am on the very edge of my perpendicular seat waiting to see how this saga will end!

I agree that the "this may buy us our forever home, my darling!" is probably an attempt to justify a later house purchase, probably from the soaring success of GK. It should do fairly well with the neckbeard dads all buying that extra copy for the foodbanks, which doesn't in any way feel like she and her publishers are exploiting poverty and the poor she claims to represent. Even if it doesn't nobody's going to have definite proof that the money that instantly came in when it hit the Amazon bestseller lists wasn't enough to fund a house at 20p a copy.

I wonder also if the backpedaling on Twitter about "I never said I was poor!!" is because she's about to buy a house? I never SAID I didn't have half a million pounds in the bank!

Reactions: 53
Can someone explain what or who “Matt Gloss” is, please? I’ve missed something along the way and don’t understand the reference.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Nah, she's implying autism.
She never mentioned this issue when she went to Glastonbury did she? Or when she happened upon a firing range on the beach?

I’m getting really angry and just wrote a v 🔺 post about a lecturer and university. This is what she does, she gets under our skin and forces us to forget what’s important.

granola

What’s actually important is keeping her to account here, everyone being hilarious and posting funny gifs.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.