Jack Monroe #445 A criminal, liar, fraud, grifter and all round heartless asshole

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, let’s add it to the list I’ve just made up. We also need to report re. COSHH and RIDDOR.

We laugh, but a union supporter like Jack should know this stuff.
As a H&S frau 🔺this is actually super interesting as I genuinely don't know how you'd flag this or who would care (its the HOLIDAYS OK I switched my brain off for xmas). HSE and regulations/guidance are more for occupational h&s (but an organisation is still responsible for keeping the public safe on their premises etc etc), so I guess if anything the beef would be with the publisher.

I'm actually going to be a nerd and read up on it.

And yes if you saw my earlier post, between my job and my OH being a police officer we don't get invited to many parties

ETA - hurrah my suspicions were right, I'm better at my job than Jack https://www.gov.uk/guidance/consume...a-product-you-own-has-a-potential-safety-risk

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
Yes, the main family are Travellers. It's quite a big part of the storyline. Anyone who has watched 5 minutes of it will be aware of the family's heritage.
What the duck is Jack playing at? Surely she should realise how bad this could be made to look?

• Sad
Reactions: 34
Just going back to the tin and knife thing, does she not say you need something to brace the tin with to even attempt it?! Only that fucker is going to shoot across your kitchen the moment you whack it.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 59
Coming from the past (so possibly already mentioned) to say that, I think there will be no accidents arising from Grifty Kitchen as we already know that most people who buy Jackie's books don't actually read them or try the recipes.

They buy it for the warm, self-satisfaction of feeling like they are helping a pov without actually having to interact with one (*clutches pearls*) up close.

Then chuck it off to the local charity shop to gather dust.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Sorry I'm not really following why its offensive to Travellers to dress up as Tommy Shelby? Surely then it would be offensive for Cillian Murphy to play the role in the first place..?

Reactions: 29
Thanks @Marmalade Atkins and @MaineCoonMama I never would have reached this conclusion on my own but it all makes sense now 😂

Everything about Jack is mortifying tbh but the “my friend” thing makes my arse clench involuntarily. You don’t have friends, Jack, you have people who are briefly useful to you before you discard them.

Also as mentioned by someone already, why is she “friends” with yobs who’ll draw attention to her tits by yelling “PERKY BLINDERS” when she enters a room? Like a) it’s not bleeping 2002 in a lad’s mag and b) would someone who apparently needs security to traverse the retirement community she lives in want to be made conspicuous like this? The fact that supposedly smart people can see tweets like this in close succession and not see that 2+2=344 in Jackland infuriates me.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 74
Just going back to the tin and knife thing, does she not say you need something to brace the tin with to even attempt it?! Only that fucker is going to shoot across your kitchen the moment you whack it.
Nope, just a VERY steady hand and ambulanceos

1672307870554.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
I notice that the blurb on Jack’s shite new book says “120 brand new recipes”. But that’s not true, is it, if she’s recycling the Del Monte recipes she did 18 months ago (as someone pointed out in the last thread).
I wonder how many other recipes in this book are re-runs from things she’s already posted. Quite a few, I reckon. Cos that could be a bit of an issue - the blurb is leading people to think it’s all-new stuff. If the blurb is not accurate, they have a real problem.
Also, Del Monte (the gullible fools) actually *paid* Jack to produce those recipes, and at the time they were billed as “exclusive”. So they may not be best pleased she’s using them for a book. I wonder if their contract with her even allows it. I hope she’s at least given them a credit.
p.s. as for the advice to open a tin can with a knife and mallet - that is absolute lunacy and she deserves to be called out on it as publicly as possible.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 76
Sorry I'm not really following why its offensive to Travellers to dress up as Tommy Shelby? Surely then it would be offensive for Cillian Murphy to play the role in the first place..?
Yeah this is clutching at straws a little for me too. If it wasn’t Jack, I doubt they’d have said anything and she’s clearly not actually pretending to be a traveller by doing it.

Reactions: 37
Indeed, my first thought was that if you absolutely had to resort to such a “hack” (although I’m not exactly sure what circumstance that would be, maybe if you’re Ray Mears wandering through the outback?) the primary concern would be to do it on a hard stable surface. That Jack hasn’t even pointed out that most basic of safety considerations is completely nuts.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Thanks @Marmalade Atkins and @MaineCoonMama I never would have reached this conclusion on my own but it all makes sense now 😂

Everything about Jack is mortifying tbh but the “my friend” thing makes my arse clench involuntarily. You don’t have friends, Jack, you have people who are briefly useful to you before you discard them.

Also as mentioned by someone already, why is she “friends” with yobs who’ll draw attention to her tits by yelling “PERKY BLINDERS” when she enters a room? Like a) it’s not bleeping 2002 in a lad’s mag and b) would someone who apparently needs security to traverse the retirement community she lives in want to be made conspicuous like this? The fact that apparently smart people can see tweets like this in close succession and not see that 2+2=344 in Jackland infuriates me.
She also claimed in her picture tweet that she used sports bras to squash them. I have to say that in recent pictures (with mr potato head, lounging in the garden etc), we definitely haven’t seen evidence of that.

Why does she always lie? Jack, we DGAS if you are proud of them. People are. But don’t pretend to be ashamed and hide them using sports bras and then post thirsty shots in a bikini and in a vest.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Since Jack is reading here, maybe she could let us know how/where Cooper is.

Jack, he is a lovely cat, and you are lucky to have him.

Eta Just read the update.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Lads, I didn’t check the volume on my phone before watching ‘Woman sleeping on Sofa for no Good Reason as Expensive Dog gambles about’ and as such got an earful of her mouth breathing and nasal honk. Send earwashos.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 47
Yeah this is clutching at straws a little for me too. If it wasn’t Jack, I doubt they’d have said anything and she’s clearly not actually pretending to be a traveller by doing it.
What's the betting she claims Traveller ancestry in the near future? 🤪

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.