Jack Monroe #445 A criminal, liar, fraud, grifter and all round heartless asshole

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why are her publishers persisting with having super poshos put fawning quotes in her books? She’s had six previous publications in which rich and connected foodies like Nige, Jay and Tom P-B have legitimised her (rightly or wrongly) as a food writer. If her concern here is thrift isn’t it a bit tasteless to have the generationally wealthy spouting her virtues? It’d be more useful, surely, to have dietitians and people who run community kitchens advocating for her recipes?

On top of everything else it just makes it so searingly obvious that her target audience is her fellow middle class wankers performing thrift.

• Heart
Reactions: 93
Has been said many times before but it takes a special kind of narcissist to always, *always*, centre yourself in times of collective interest - the death of a famous person serving as a prime example.
I agree, but to be fair, my entire socials are made up of famous-adjacent people sharing their tedious tales of how they once were quite near her, or whatever. I always think the day someone famous from the past dies is a day to stay off insta etc. David Bowie being the absolute worst example (sorry Bowie fans but duck me it's boring reading how everyone I ever knew was OBSESSED with him, though weirdly never mentioned it til he fell off his perch...)

Reactions: 44
Gloss and Goss
I don’t know what post you mean (sure another Frau can help there!) but the advent calendar was posted on a Facebook group she was in from September 2016 to early summer 2017. She did showcase a new lipstick every day in December leading up to Christmas. At one point she said she had 77 lipsticks and I think they’re included in @That Forensic Man’s tally of stuff.

She was single at the time and it was a group about make up which SB’s dad’s partner was in. So Jack decided to stamp in and get all up in her niche because that’s the kind of person she is.
Gloss and Goss Jack! My favourite 🥰.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Why are her publishers persisting with having super poshos put fawning quotes in her books? She’s had six previous publications in which rich and connected foodies like Nige, Jay and Tom P-B have legitimised her (rightly or wrongly) as a food writer. If her concern here is thrift isn’t it a bit tasteless to have the generationally wealthy spouting her virtues? It’d be more useful, surely, to have dietitians and people who run community kitchens advocating for her recipes?

On top of everything else it just makes it so searingly obvious that her target audience is her fellow middle class wankers performing thrift.
They should use quotes from the slopalong on the cover instead imo. They offer a much more accurate representation of the recipes.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
This is only anecdotal but I've encountered about 6 or 7, lower middle class folks who are absolutely obsessed about being 'regular'. If I said to you Daily Mail reading, Conservative, church going types....
So true. Exactly who she is underneath all the cosplay. Shes dying to get wifed up and go full Stepford Wife and never stop going on about how she's not like other wifeys cos look at my tats an boots, fun and wild. Ykno how some men have a flash car instead of a personality, her tit tattoos are the jackquivalent.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
like that email from Corbyn that was a mass mailing (Dear God she's stupid, isn't she?!)
This is one of my favourite things that's ever happened. Firstly, the pure stupidity. Secondly, the grandiosity. "Yes, of course the leader of the opposition sends me personal messages because I am so special and important". Just...what a beautiful anecdote to sum up Jack as a person.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Whichever way you turn, there’s something fishy about Jack. Moving away from the pov, the brothel, etc, there’s always more that’s worthy of being looked into.
During the past year she was invited to speak at a parliamentary thing, I don’t remember what it was. Did @HotesTilairehave a profile pic of Jack with her finger up her snout, from that day?
Anyway, she said provided anecdotes, I think, and said she would follow it up with evidence. A frau checked later and she hadn’t provided anything to support what she said.
how many times has she done this? Can someone remember what this was and provide a link, please?

She’s been platformed by people in highly responsible positions across charities, media and politics.
to be honest, no wonder she believes herself.
I wrote a bit about this (with some links) in thread 425 - you're right, she didn't provide any of the follow-up evidence she promised, and was barely mentioned in the final report.

Reactions: 34
I’m too sad to chaos.
I know we are all sad but I think we need to pause and look at a) this monstrosity from near enough 7 years ago and b) see who has liked it. This woman (not squigged because she has a blue tick) is AMAZING at making pies. I mean, properly amazing. What on earth is she doing liking Jack’s bleeping prune rendered shite?

View attachment 1839185
Sorry but is that an inexplicable egg?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I missed Jack mentioning a Guardian article but wouldn't be surprised if there was one. She is a controversial character at the moment, so it would actually be interesting reading.

(Sorry dear hearts if I got this wrong - am always madly grunking and not entirely on top of things)

Reactions: 20
687E1A35-8E86-49F3-B3E4-DA0E189AA5DB.jpeg

Also think it‘s clear that Viv wouldn’t have had been impressed by Jack’s spendy ways

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.