Jack Monroe #425 Looking gormless in an egg chair

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ugh. That pretty much proves its the laziest of lies, then - if she'd thought about it even a little bit, she'd have said something more believable like "smells of cheap shower gel and disinfectant".
And more than a hint of baby oil 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I don’t like the Daily Mail for a lot of reasons, and I can’t imagine ever buying it. However, even though I was very young at the time, I was aware of current affairs, and I’ll never forget that they were the only paper repeatedly drawing attention to Stephen Lawrence’s murderers and the failures to investigate properly. Even though they do plenty of other sh*t and always have done, the sheer hideousness of what was done to Stephen, and to his family in the aftermath, means that for me there’s not a lot that can totally outweigh the Mail having been the only media outlet at the time putting themselves on the line to highlight the injustice. The MURDERERS front page was seismic. https://www.theguardian.com/media/2012/jan/04/stephen-lawrence-parents-daily-mail
Apparently Neville Lawrence had done an excellent plastering job at Paul Dacre's house which is how he knew him

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I blocked Godley for being a dullard prick. She’s not edgy or funny and having cancer doesn’t give the pass she thinks it does for being vile to people.

If anyone would like more Saltfish84 Twitter Block Updates, that’ll be £8 😏
Thank you for all you do, tender one! I’m sure we’d all chip in to buy you a mansion- you deserve it!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
There've been two (and a half) other aspects of the VBI that I've seen mentioned:

1) That better-off people are able to trade down, so the person who had been spending 60p on Heinz can avoid the 30% price increase by switching to the 48p Smart Price - whereas the people who had already been buying Smart Price have no lower-priced range to fall back on

1.5) That the better-off people who trade down are now competing with the poorest for the limited supply of Smart Price products, meaning that some of the original Smart Price shoppers will face a rise from 32p to 80p because they now can't find anything other than Heinz in their local supermarket

2) That the better-off people are able to use their resources to buy in bulk which is usually cheaper in the long-run. For example, they might be able to buy a six-pack of Smart Price beans and get 25% off the individual price. This is the aspect that's closest in spirit to the Vimes' Boots Theory - but it's the one Jack talks about least, it's more something that's come from helpful squigs.

How Jack and her crack team of divorced dads ever intended to turn this into a single price index is beyond me.

It feels more like the sort of thing that a big university's Sociology and Economics departments could collaborate on for a year to produce a really interesting paper that no-one will read. The best Jack could do would be to push for that to happen, and then to amplify their work at the end of it.
BIB has ended me lol...yes that's exactly her fanbase!!! And they're probably all so disconnected and unrealistic as to the Ways of Woman that they actually think they're in with a chance.

Like 1 of those Saturday Mcdonalds dads who loves them most in theory.
Yeah, excellent point. That overdone sentimentality is very reminiscent of that.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I don’t like the Daily Mail for a lot of reasons, and I can’t imagine ever buying it. However, even though I was very young at the time, I was aware of current affairs, and I’ll never forget that they were the only paper repeatedly drawing attention to Stephen Lawrence’s murderers and the failures to investigate properly. Even though they do plenty of other sh*t and always have done, the sheer hideousness of what was done to Stephen, and to his family in the aftermath, means that for me there’s not a lot that can totally outweigh the Mail having been the only media outlet at the time putting themselves on the line to highlight the injustice. The MURDERERS front page was seismic. https://www.theguardian.com/media/2012/jan/04/stephen-lawrence-parents-daily-mail
You know they backed the Lawrence family because Stephen’s dad had a trade and he’d worked on the editor’s house? Like he’d redone their electrics or plumbing the year before. They contacted him and that’s why the Mail made it their mission.

So yes it was the right thing to do, and I’m not saying it was exactly nepotism but it would never have happened if that connection didn’t exist.
ETA as per Shimmering!

• Wow
Reactions: 44
You know they backed the Lawrence family because Stephen’s dad had a trade and he’d worked on the editor’s house? Like he’d redone their electrics or plumbing the year before. They contacted him and that’s why the Mail made it their mission.

ere

So yes it was the right thing to do, and I’m not saying itwas exactly nepotism but it would never have happened if that connection

They were going to run with a very different headline before they learned of the connection

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Hello, been reading since around September when the bird site led me here. Unlurking to address the "why aren't people from her past and the media calling her out" issues.

I've had lots of narc experience, and also have a lot of media experience, so I can offer some insight into both. Apologies in advance for the long post.

On a personal level, it's very easy to get drawn in by a narc and incredibly hard to get out. The confusion caused by the love bombing that gives way to pushing your boundaries can be incredibly subtle, and you don't realise what's happening until it's too late. You very quickly come to learn that resistance is futile. It's like trying to argue with a barrel of frogs: just lots of angry noise that jumps around from one point to another with no rhyme or reason. If you do try to argue, you get punished. While you're in the relationship, whatever type of relationship it may be, punishment could take various forms intended to maximise hurt, so you do whatever you can to keep the peace.

The only way to get out of the situation is to cut the narc out of your life completely. But when you've done that, the punishment is to create maximum damage to make you pay for having the tenacity to leave. They'll take any opportunity, however small, to broadcast all the terrible, cruel things you did to them: "LOOK, they're STILL punishing me, they won't STOP until they've DESTROYED me, PLEASE, make them STOP, I can't TAKE IT anymore."

People you've known for years start to back away because there's no smoke without fire, huh? And the more damage caused, the better - employers and clients are very easy targets. So once you've gone, you simply do not look back. It could genuinely be a reputation-destroying, career-ending move.

As for the media, it's just not news. Appalling as this situation is, there's currently nothing to report. An arrest, official investigation or similar would be news (and even an official investigation would probably not be reported until it had been concluded). Post-arrest or official finding of wrongdoing, a longform feature could examine where things went wrong and how it was allowed to go on for so long. But until then, it's not a story.

However, it's unlikely that any editor will touch her again. She has absolutely no media value.

• Heart
Reactions: 106
Like 1 of those Saturday Mcdonalds dads who loves them most in theory.
They’re happy to dress up as Batman and climb a roof, but will they turn up every Saturday at 9am for 4 weeks in a row to see their kids, will they shite

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61

I have more experience of sex work than Jack.
My personal not forensic gut inkling about the bullshit of Jack's claimed formative (that still the right word for experiences that shape you in adulthood not sure?) experiences of sex work are:
Trusting police with their welfare.
The pathetic indignity of the rishmate crying selfie. Really aiming to convey he's a man that's a particularly tit presence in your life?

I think I was more entertained by the canal Cynthia Payne chat that sprung from JMs brothel reminiscing and didn't interrogate too much beyond usual eye roll but with extra scowling at the time.
But if Jack was paid for sex (at the point now where it looks unhinged actually using the word work for anything in their life!) on the same premises as another sex worker /or even any another person, that could be legally seen as a brothel.
So plenty of room for Jack to readily slither into ramping up this possible scenario in any of the usual director pot washer photographer makeup artist food stylist home economist ways.
At the end of the day if Jack can describe themselves as a cook, they can describe themselves as anything.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
There's some sort of big shindig happening at Westminster today to promote the next stage of the Free School Meals campaign. Tom Kerridge is feeding tasty school dinners to a load of MPs and celebrities to raise awareness that 800,000 kids a year are going hungry because of poverty yet they don't qualify for fsm.
Loads of photos of delicious dinners and smiling people. Haven't seen a picture of Jack yet. Maybe she couldn't go because she's too busy packing?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 57

So yes it was the right thing to do, and I’m not saying it was exactly nepotism but it would never have happened if that connection didn’t exist.
ETA as per Shimmering!
Ahh...I'm not sure they'd risk big lawsuits, credible death threats and contempt of court just because the editor knew the plasterer. The Mail owners at the time would've had to sign off on their strategy. I mean, maybe Neville's knowledge of Dacre helped him to get in contact but I think the Mail journos, who took a long time to get to know Doreen Lawrence and review the evidence she'd collected, pursued the story and were backed by Dacre because they were convinced of its rightness (at huge personal and financial risk) and not just cos the boss man liked his new plastering job?

I dunno...I know this isn't what you were trying to do but the idea that the huge social justice achievement of the Lawrence family, platformed by brave journos at significant personal and professional risk, can be minimised to, Stephen's dad did some manual work for rich editor man, gives me the ick, a bit. Sorry....

I love you @HotesTilaire and I really value your posts so I'm sorry if I've misread you. Maybe we should stop derailing now and return to the mendacious one.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Ahh...I'm not sure they'd risk big lawsuits, credible death threats and contempt of court just because the editor knew the plasterer. The Mail owners at the time would've had to sign off on their strategy. I mean, maybe Neville's knowledge of Dacre helped him to get in contact but I think the Mail journos, who took a long time to get to know Doreen Lawrence and review the evidence she'd collected, pursued the story and were backed by Dacre because they were convinced of its rightness (at huge personal and financial risk) and not just cos the boss man liked his new plastering job?

I dunno...I know this isn't what you were trying to do but the idea that the huge social justice achievement of the Lawrence family, platformed by brave journos at significant personal and professional risk, can be minimised to, Stephen's dad did some manual work for rich editor man, gives me the ick, a bit. Sorry....

I love you @HotesTilaire and I really value your posts so I'm sorry if I've misread you. Maybe we should stop derailing now and return to the mendacious one.
I am saying that it was championed at the Mail by Dacre because he knew the family. And he knew the family because Stephen’s dad did work for him.
If Stephen’s dad hadn’t worked for Dacre, the Mail involvement would not have happened.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Wow - I've just gone and grunked about the Cost of Living inquiry, particularly this bit.

More than 6 months on, and well past the deadline for submissions, we can see that of the 51 pieces of written evidence that were eventually submitted - and despite her promises - none were from Jack.

In the report that was produced, they mention Jack once - simply to say that she turned up. By contrast, there are 16 mentions of the evidence given by the person from Independent age, who was at the same session as Jack:

Screenshot 2022-11-08 at 15.57.00.png

She's bleeping useless, isn't she? Sending a tit in a shoebox would probably be the most productive thing Jack's done since the summer.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 83
With the VBI, am I right in thinking it will need updating almost daily with constant increases? Jack's far too busy to do that!

It was never going to happen, was it? 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.