Jack Monroe #445 A criminal, liar, fraud, grifter and all round heartless asshole

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Chrissie Hynd always comes across as a genuinely decent person. A pioneer, trailblazer, talented and constantly interested in everything... Outwards, rather than Jack's way of seeing herself only in the way others see her.
I adore Chrissie Hynde - she's definitely my girl-crush

Reactions: 22
Nah serves them right if they’ve not done their due diligence. Should be a career ending piece if they’ve succumbed to the Jack story
It would be an added bonus if this caused a shitstorm at the guardian and stopped all these "journalists" repeating bullshit without due diligence.

Reactions: 32
Interesting that James posted this in reply. If you remember last year he did a few tweets about her in the middle of a chaos. This explains why he fizzled out.

1672392867268.png

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Nah serves them right if they’ve not done their due diligence. Should be a career ending piece if they’ve succumbed to the Jack story
I felt sorry for the guy who had the surprise visit from Jack in Dublin just because he was given the task of writing a blurb about her. It's really the editorial team's fault that they keep punting her. I think the food editor at the Observer, at least, knows what's what. If I was in charge I'd either pull the piece entirely or do a re-write, if it's not too late. Because at this stage they really, really have no excuse.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Interesting that James posted this in reply. If you remember last year he did a few tweets about her in the middle of a chaos. This explains why he fizzled out.

View attachment 1839790
Can't screenshot, but he tweeted this shortly afterwards:

"With that being said, I felt similar about the current report I'm writing (because it references a death due to medical illness). Though eventually I go back to being objective rather than subjective, so I think it will work out."

• Heart
Reactions: 47
BIB is a very interesting point. Plenty of people out in the real world are questioning TT and their operations/finances. I wonder if they'll throw Jack under the bus to protect themselves...... 🤔
Trouble is they've become a victim of their own success. Their model should have minimal central costs, but the way it's set up is that people donate to TT rather than their local food bank so they've been earning more and more.

And to some degree to spend that money costs money in administration, or employing people for campaigns/projects, policy work or data collection etc which then costs more in HR and admin and the larger a central team, the more you have to feed the beast.

They could've just split the money equally between each of their foodbanks, but that may have mucked with their local funding/grant arrangements or be more money than they were willing/able to handle.

They are trying to pivot to the " world without foodbanks" message, but that changes the nature of what they do and means less money to actually feed people.

Their leadership has some tricky decisions to make over the next few months/years...

Sorry off topic!

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Less than a year after insulting DC's son, Jack wishes she had the opportunity to drive a tank into his front garden? I hope the diary clash was her agent putting their foot down
I'm no fan of his, but after her monstrous and abhorrent post about his dead child, she should have the decency to read the room and shut her mouth about him once and for all. Not saying no-one can slate him, himself, obv, he's fair game as far as I'm concerned but she really over-stepped the mark that time - who tf uses a dead child as ammunition? Can you imagine if the shoe was on the other foot? Does she think everyone has short memories? Jack Monroe, take shame for once and shut your bleeping mouth.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 71
Less than a year after insulting DC's son, Jack wishes she had the opportunity to drive a tank into his front garden? I hope the diary clash was her agent putting their foot down
This is why I can’t believe she was invited.

I agree as a PP said that 2015 Jack was generally the type of person that might get an invite to that sort of thing, so while overegging the personal invite I could actually believe the basic premise of the story.

Except for the son comments. Imagine the headlines about a woman who used the man’s dead son as a weapon now turning up on his lawn with a woman in a tank? PR nightmare that would have risked taking some of the focus off the fracking issue. RIP Viv seemed a very savvy woman from the little I knew about her, there’s no bleeping way.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
BIB is a very interesting point. Plenty of people out in the real world are questioning TT and their operations/finances. I wonder if they'll throw Jack under the bus to protect themselves...... 🤔
I agree. And the wider concept of this buy one, donate one item as a fundraising model. Does TT do it with any other business or product? What about other charities?

Reactions: 24
Trouble is they've become a victim of their own success. Their model should have minimal central costs, but the way it's set up is that people donate to TT rather than their local food bank so they've been earning more and more.

And to some degree to spend that money costs money in administration, or employing people for campaigns/projects, policy work or data collection etc which then costs more in HR and admin and the larger a central team, the more you have to feed the beast.

They could've just split the money equally between each of their foodbanks, but that may have mucked with their local funding/grant arrangements or be more money than they were willing/able to handle.

They are trying to pivot to the " world without foodbanks" message, but that changes the nature of what they do and means less money to actually feed people.

Their leadership has some tricky decisions to make over the next few months/years...

Sorry off topic!
yes definitely. I was recently in touch with one of their regional managers which made me realise just how many people are now employed by them. The structures are growing and while the aspiration is to do away with foodbanks, the larger the TT grows, even if the country’s situation was to drastically improve ‘sweeping job cuts’ to their organisation wouldn’t look great.

Reactions: 32
One thing in Jack's favour regarding #worldearthday, at least she didn't think it meant posting a photo of all the places you've travelled to on Earth like Katie Hayes did. Lmao, that woman is WILDLY dumb.
I don't know who she is but that is hilarious 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I'm no fan of his, but after her monstrous and abhorrent post about his dead child, she should have the decency to read the room and shut her mouth about him once and for all. Not saying no-one can slate him, himself, obv, he's fair game as far as I'm concerned but she really over-stepped the mark that time - who tf uses a dead child as ammunition? Can you imagine if the shoe was on the other foot? Does she think everyone has short memories? Jack Monroe, take shame for once and shut your bleeping mouth.
I think she really showed her true nature with that one. Didn’t she claim to be drunk after? I often think that about a lot of people who are ‘bad’ drunks or those who like to spout “home truths” after a few that it’s actually their base layer coming through with some additional lubrication as it were. Apols to any genuinely lovely people who are demonic after a babycham 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 53

View attachment 1839790
That's exactly why she does it though. She has no intentions of SH, I doubt very much she ever has done it either tbh. But it's a card to pull when people are poking their noses a bit too far.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I have mithered here since the early days, but lost bobble has totally eluded me
There's a video of her (from DKL?) getting ready. Fully prinking and preening, loving herself sick. And then she looses her hair bobble. The change in facial expression is quite something!

• Haha
Reactions: 58

6 years ago yesterday Jack got paid by the Guardian about becoming vegan (which she didn't). And her intentions if there were any were not for environment reasons. Just centering herself.
God it’s unbelievable isn’t it that she’s been heralded since STILL even though she swings from one “cause” to another. Stupid stooooopid guardian.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.