Jack Monroe #437 C U Next Wednesday

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another thing that Jack has in common with Finch is that Finch's wife LEFT after the truth came out.

Tell us what happened in Dordrecht, Jack - what straw was it that broke the Harold's back?

Are we still on #1 of the 24 Days of Griftmas TROLLCLAIMS? She really can't manage to apply herself to anything and get it done properly, even her Twatter ranty stuff. Sad.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
A couple of days back I was seeing people on my social media attack someone for a tweet saying that an ex-reality TV contestant was now working a day job in their town. The poster didn't give any personal information (what town it was or where the guy worked etc.) but was getting attacked by other people: "omg leave him alone and let him live his life, this is stalking/doxxing!!!11" I wonder if that kind of excessive reaction is partly what's behind the Jack-defenders

• Wow
Reactions: 33
☆brain fart☆ is MancBee not allowed to post on here when he's judging Masterchef on the telly?
(hope you're ok love x)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
Another thing that Jack has in common with Finch is that Finch's wife LEFT after the truth came out.

Tell us what happened in Dordrecht, Jack - what straw was it that broke the Harold's back?

Are we still on #1 of the 24 Days of Griftmas TROLLCLAIMS? She really can't manage to apply herself to anything and get it done properly, even her Twatter ranty stuff. Sad.
Talk to us Harold. Talk to us like Finch's wife talked to Vanity Fair.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Maybe Jackie herself will pop on a false moustache and disguise herself as Harold, appearing here to tell us how she was just too good for him and he had to let her go

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I don't think so.

However, as I understand it, a portion of the advance is paid out only when the book is actually released... so if it's withdrawn before that point, then the author wouldn't get the full advance.

But that only really covers situations such as it being discovered that the author had plagiarised the manuscript - I don't think Jack has cancelled herself badly enough to make the book unreleasable at this point.
It depends on the publisher and the terms of the contract. Some publishers will give the advance in full, to compensate the author for the time they've already spent (and the time they'll spend before publication) working on the book. And if the book never happens for whatever reason, the author might get to keep all of the advance, or just a percentage.

I'm sure Jack would blow whatever unrecoupable part of the advance she got on the spenny things.

I think it was mentioned in a previous thread that Jack claimed the books were printed in August. If that's true, the publisher is probably going to go ahead with the release, to get whatever minimal sales they can. The Trussell Trust/bookshop deal, although it's promoted as helping the povs, is a big sign IMO that the publisher feels the book is going to tank on the general market, and they'll try anything they can to move a few copies.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I just want to promise I don’t interact with the slop goblin I was congratulating my 5 year old on her important writing on the school Twitter which it’s literally the only reason I have Twitter your honour.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Clever friends, does anyone know how to add photos to that there wiki thing? I don't want to touch it in case I do a Kate Hayes and start deleting tit. I have all the screenshots of Grift and Griftability 1 and 2 ready but I'm only on my phone (laptop died earlier this year.)
If it helps I can put them all behind a spoiler and someone smarter than me could put them in the wiki?
For a Gen X Frau I'm such a Boomer. ☹

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Thanks to the Frau who shared the Finch article, it was fascinating, horrifying and so bloody sad. I’m not sure it is quite accurate to draw so many comparisons with JM. What they have in common is lying but Finch threw away an actual career where she was good. A good writer, a good producer (172 episodes of a hit show; if she hadn’t been good she’d not have produced more than two). The sad thing about JM is that she has based a career as a cook, activist and presenter on lies and that she isn’t actually any good at any of these things. Finch has destroyed herself because she lied about stuff that actually sat outside her chosen profession; I’m not even sure I could call her a grifter. She didn’t get her great job because she lied, she got a great job because she was talented and then she fucked it all because of the pyramid of lies that didn’t actually have anything to do with that and everything to do with her need for attention. She wasn’t looking for fame as far as I can see. Is that just me?
In other news my OH sent away to John Lewis (I married well) for an electric blanket and it came today and I am speechless with joy.

ETA today I learned what a tilde is, thank you. Every day a school day

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 64
No where near 6 months iirc, was closer to 6 weeks. I believe it was 3 months from makeup selfie shots to heart shattering glutteral wailing?
The ‘several lost Pregnancies’ tweet was my aneurysm. She could never redeem herself for me after that.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 60
While it's quiet and since the M&S advent has been rubbish, I've opened up Slopbot's grotto again for your seasonal gifts. Thanks to the forensic stocktaking work there are 35 new puddle gifts this year. Please enjoy!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 112
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.