Jack Monroe #437 C U Next Wednesday

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
hold on, wasn’t the £49 thing untrue? I’m sure I remember the people she signposted to debunking it.

ETA: sort of true but not like she claimed at all - only available through specific paths.
Yep - originally debunked in February, then subsequently on Twitter after Jack spouted those lies:

• Sad
Reactions: 30
I don't think so.

However, as I understand it, a portion of the advance is paid out only when the book is actually released... so if it's withdrawn before that point, then the author wouldn't get the full advance.

But that only really covers situations such as it being discovered that the author had plagiarised the manuscript - I don't think Jack has cancelled herself badly enough to make the book unreleasable at this point.
Ah, I see! She'll need to get her Mediterranean arse out there promoting it soon then.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
hold on, wasn’t the £49 thing untrue? I’m sure I remember the people she signposted to debunking it.

ETA: sort of true but not like she claimed at all - only available through specific paths.
Lord, so she was spreading misinformation?

What a fine campaigner for the poor she is.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 40
Here’s the link to @Marmalade Atkins screenies of the full chat. There was more. Including all the very friendly person’s replies, and apology BEFORE Jack even weaponized pregnancy loss .
ETA just to be clear, Harold had literally just LEFT on 19th June. That is less than 72 hours before she started weaponizing that triggering bullshit, which she did moments after midnight on 22nd June.
View attachment 1792027
One of the reasons why I dislike her. How dare she lie about this or just be so casual about it. Effing witch

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I'm on a grunk. But she was with OH for 6 months ? So three menses. Not three miscarriages. My mind is in a whirlpool.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
This reminds me, Jack's mum bought Jack an official caterpillar cake last year. But SB whose birthday is only a few days later got a knock off version. What I can't remember is if Jack bought it or not. She buys premium brand food for herself but smart price for her son. Every other parent I know would do it the other way around. Your child gets the very best you can afford.
Apologies as I'm behind again and if this has been discussed, Jack bought it for him

Reactions: 12
I'm on a grunk. But she was with OH for 6 months ? So three menses. Not three miscarriages. My mind is in a whirlpool.
No where near 6 months iirc, was closer to 6 weeks. I believe it was 3 months from makeup selfie shots to heart shattering glutteral wailing?

Reactions: 24
Lord, so she was spreading misinformation?

What a fine campaigner for the poor she is.
Yes, not only is she wasting peoples time and that of the staff who have to field these calls for the millionth time, she's failing to highlight the benefits of proper money advice. In my past life, we'd often have people come in worried about a debt of some kind and by looking at their situation properly we'd find they weren't claiming a benefit they should be or were prioritising the wrong payments. This meant that we could often increase people's income and in some cases even get debts written off. She's completely irresponsible and in my view gets a kick out of other people's misery. She has a big platform and could use it to spread useful information, instead we get the never ending me-rail and occasional nonsense like this.

Stick that one in your #TROLLCLAIMS Jack.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 56
This!

At worst her mum has some life-affecting chronic conditions (which she likes to post about on all of her socials) but it’s deeply offensive to people who battle daily to advocate for themselves or their loved ones to have severe disabilities recognised and accommodated for Jack to waltz in and claim that a 50-something retiree who seems to live a life of Riley which includes of regular jaunts to Cyprus and black tie army dos is in the same boat.

Just standard hyperbole from Jack. She wasn’t skint for a bit because of her own crap decisions: she was DESTITUTE for TWO YEARS. Her mum can’t just be a lady who drew a poor hand in the health stakes with a tendency to revel in the attention it brings, no, she’s severely disabled. It must be so tiring constantly trying to “win” gold in the bad luck games rather than accept that you’re a person who is both blessed and flawed and life reflects that.
Yeah not to make it like the Disability Olympics and not to tit on Jack's mum for her daughter's choice of words, but I know multiple people who were more disabled from their EDS in their 20s and 30s than Jack's mum is in her 50s. Hopefully it doesn't get much worse, I wish no harm on her, but Jack could be in for a very rude awakening as her mum gets old.
Pretty sure she wants to use it to claim SEVERE DISABILITY herself bc it's genetic.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Just a little reminder that you don’t have to have a partner to be pregnant.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Oooh fancy- we have page numbers top and bottom now - thankyou for all you do Tattle, trawling through each page to hit the bottom was always a big ball ache. Nice upgrade

• Heart
Reactions: 47
No where near 6 months iirc, was closer to 6 weeks. I believe it was 3 months from makeup selfie shots to heart shattering glutteral wailing?
I think the original blind date was around Dec, then full on OH mentions by March and over by July. Although it looked like Mr Potato Head came for dinner in Dec IIRC. We should do an investigation!
Dear Heart @Jayclothcow brought the tea shortly after it all ended

Oooh fancy- we have page numbers top and bottom now - thankyou for all you do Tattle, trawling through each page to hit the bottom was always a big ball ache. Nice upgrade
FANCY!

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Yes, not only is she wasting peoples time and that of the staff who have to field these calls for the millionth time, she's failing to highlight the benefits of proper money advice. In my past life, we'd often have people come in worried about a debt of some kind and by looking at their situation properly we'd find they weren't claiming a benefit they should be or were prioritising the wrong payments. This meant that we could often increase people's income and in some cases even get debts written off. She's completely irresponsible and in my view gets a kick out of other people's misery. She has a big platform and could use it to spread useful information, instead we get the never ending me-rail and occasional nonsense like this.

Stick that one in your #TROLLCLAIMS Jack.
She was told it was wrong then kept repeating it a month or two later, she’s a bleeping idiot, between that and banging on about “housing benefit“ that doesn’t exist any more

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
She was told it was wrong then kept repeating it a month or two later, she’s a bleeping idiot, between that and banging on about “housing benefit“ that doesn’t exist any more
I keep expecting her to tell people to get down the labour exchange for some national assistance.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.