Jack Monroe #437 C U Next Wednesday

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've always found it weird that more people don't question how much her tattoos cost and the fact she's supposed to be skint. Her palm sized ones will be a couple of hundred quid each at least and she has a lot of them. She'll have a couple of grands worth altogether I reckon, and I've noticed them increase over the years when she was supposedly penniless.
The amount Jack has spent on mediocre tattoos is overshadowed many times by her output on makeup, sideboard and, no doubt, playing in the snow.

Btw in Jack's multiple post anti-troll rant will she address the numerous allegations of snow time?

Reactions: 33
Regarding Jack's tips for staying warm. I don't have central heating and my bathroom is particularly cold. Both I and my OH put off showering in the winter because even a piping hot shower does not compensate for the lack of heat elsewhere in the house. As soon as the hot water is turned off, the chill starts coming back and it is unthinkable to me that a "warm" shower would provide an hour's worth of pleasant body heat afterwards. A hot water bottle is the most cost effective, effective heat source in my opinion. Simple as.
there's nothing worse than getting out of a warm shower into a freezing house

Reactions: 35
I'm pretty new to Tattle and don't know who this Jack Monroe is, but having spent the last few days reading these threads I just wanted to say that you lot are bloody HILARIOUS. I've snorted whilst reading on several occasions.
Remember to tip your waiter!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
She gets them done by apprentice tattoo artists who are so grateful to ink a local hero that they pay HER (or something like that)
No. She just polished her skin with white vinegar and definitely not brasso for three days whilst watching the Netflix that she doesn’t have and they magically appeared. Came up a treat so they did.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I suspect she may have been trying to catch herself an Old Harold (assuming the pregnancies ever happened...)
A big house, a big car and another 10+ years of doing duck all and expecting someone else to pay for it. If Old Harold came along for the ride fine, but if not, as long as he paid for the whole thing and the lifestyle to which she unfathomably believes she’s entitled, well that’s fine too.

Better hurry though Jack. As Una tells dear ol Bridget Jones, tick tock, tick tock. Plus Bridge didn’t have to factor in a ghastly personality, toxic behaviour that sends OHs running, and playing fast and loose with other people’s/charity money and trying to gaslight about it, so there’s even more urgency for you time-wise

(And they never happened. No way)

• Heart
Reactions: 42
She is sickening. Due to an abusive relationship
There has been a huge change in my finances recently and I am rationing gas (food the lot). However, I’m also selling off what I can (not my child’s toys) and am not rocking 1k in my ears.
This will be a short term thing.
Sorry not sure what my point is, it’s just so frustrating to see her posts like this when you know the truth.
Grunking. Waaaaay behind. Good luck- you've done the right thing. Took me a few years but I got there and you will too. Lots of love.
Her narc ways are infuriating when you have lived experience of what she is cosplaying.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I would describe my sister as severely disabled because she can't communicate or walk, I very much doubt that Mrs tit-potatoes would describe herself as 'severely disabled'. Compared to Jack, maybe.
This!

At worst her mum has some life-affecting chronic conditions (which she likes to post about on all of her socials) but it’s deeply offensive to people who battle daily to advocate for themselves or their loved ones to have severe disabilities recognised and accommodated for Jack to waltz in and claim that a 50-something retiree who seems to live a life of Riley which includes of regular jaunts to Cyprus and black tie army dos is in the same boat.

Just standard hyperbole from Jack. She wasn’t skint for a bit because of her own crap decisions: she was DESTITUTE for TWO YEARS. Her mum can’t just be a lady who drew a poor hand in the health stakes with a tendency to revel in the attention it brings, no, she’s severely disabled. It must be so tiring constantly trying to “win” gold in the bad luck games rather than accept that you’re a person who is both blessed and flawed and life reflects that.

• Heart
Reactions: 70
Not a single like. 10 replies, all negative. I wonder if Carole is considering a career change?
View attachment 1791205
Oddly enough, I can't see any replies to their post--mayhap they deleted them and then locked up? Makes you think.

But Jack ALSO has a designer handbag collection! Remember how she bought a Kate Spade with every book advance?

It boggles me the number of things she's bought as a "I just treat myself to ONE nice thing with each book advance do you want me to stop BREATHING??"

When I got my last book advance, I treated myself to 1 (ONE) Radley handbag, cost £131 in the sale. Then I split up the rest into my tax squirrel account, savings (holiday, house deposit) and current account to live on. Because I'm actually sensible with money.
And she bought the 14-seat oak dining table set with her advance. And it turns out she bought a lot of other "needed" stuff with her advance(s). So, basically she did exactly what you did except put $$$ into the tax account, savings account, and current expenses account. Sheesh.

Reactions: 25
Oddly enough, I can't see any replies to their post--mayhap they deleted them and then locked up? Makes you think.
Hopefully a harsh lesson in what happens when you align with Jack Monroe - and one that'll put more & more organisations off engaging with her.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I wonder if Jack's placing coloured tissue paper over the solar lights at the crappy bungalow to create the effect of Christmas lights/decorations?

A free top tip for all grifty fans 💡

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I have no idea about these things but what happens if sales don't cover the advance that's long been spent? Does she have to pay the difference back?

Reactions: 16
I wonder if Jack's placing coloured tissue paper over the solar lights at the crappy bungalow to create the effect of Christmas lights/decorations?

A free top tip for all grifty fans 💡
All colours are interchangeable, don't forget

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I have no idea about these things but what happens if sales don't cover the advance that's long been spent? Does she have to pay the difference back?
I don't think so.

However, as I understand it, a portion of the advance is paid out only when the book is actually released... so if it's withdrawn before that point, then the author wouldn't get the full advance.

But that only really covers situations such as it being discovered that the author had plagiarised the manuscript - I don't think Jack has cancelled herself badly enough to make the book unreleasable at this point.

Reactions: 22
Reached this from August 9th, nearly 4 months ago:

View attachment 1791251

However, as the Tweet immediately below it in the thread contains a blatant lie boast, and the Tweet immediately preceding it was giving irresponsible and dangerous “advice”, I’m discounting it:

View attachment 1791259
View attachment 1791265
hold on, wasn’t the £49 thing untrue? I’m sure I remember the people she signposted to debunking it.

ETA: sort of true but not like she claimed at all - only available through specific paths.

Reactions: 42
Eww. I used to wear tights and leggings under jeans in the winter when I was more outdoorsy. Id wear the jeans a good few days, where normally I’d only wear them one, because the tights and leggings provided a barrier, so they didn’t feel grimy from being in contact with skin. The tights and leggings would’ve honked if I’d wore them longer than a day. Absolute minger.
Coming from the past, so probably already discussed but - work set up was: thermal leggings and socks, trousers, vest, thermal top, normal top plus another one (yep, we are talking really cold here). The trousers and the top on top (argh) can be recycled for a couple of days, the rest MUST go in the wash at the end of the day. You want tobwash less? Build up your daily sets and do a wash per week. Reusing underwear is truly too grim to consider.🤮

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.