Jack Monroe #437 C U Next Wednesday

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think that whole Edinburgh episode was some kind of message to Louisa - it was somewhere they’d visited together (I thought Louisa may have some Scottish heritage), then there was all that posing in her bra. She also seemed to be breadcrumbing some kind of local flirtation/hook-up potential (possibly related to someone at Dishoom). She’s so pathetic.
I remember that. Jack did everything to identify where she was, apart from dangling her Room key out of a window and shouting 'come on up! Mumma Jack is in town!' (Although there is no proof that she didn't). Even to the extent of pretending to take a picture of a car 'to show sb' that absolutely identified her location.

duck only knows what she was actually trying to prove.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Sorry this has absolutely nothing to do with anything being posted about Monroe right now, but whenever I see the words "humiliating trousers", I genuinely burst out laughing. What's the script with them?!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
Sorry for the derailment chaos everyone, I will link to the chatter thread in future. I would just like to say that if you got the tartan Viv traazers, they are actually imbued with the spirit of Pythagoras so don't be too hasty to sell them on.

View attachment 1794802
Seeing ur work and ur VS Code on these threads will never not make me smile TS ❤ 99% of my workday tattle time is enabled by waiting for git actions to pass and sometimes I do pointless commits just to buy chaos enjoying time. It’s truly the frau’s best friend lol. I still laugh at the frau who creates a slideshow of two pics to flick between for working day chaoses - was that u @hydeist ? 😂

On topic - imagine if we get a post work Christmas party burger boy?? 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
How long was she in Edinburgh for, anyway? I've only skimmed those threads, but was under the impression that it was 4 or 5 days max before she scurried back home.

I completely understand buying one or two things for a place you're staying in - I bought a pair of kitchen scissors for an airbnb a few months ago - but Jack must have wasted hundreds of pounds on stuff for an apartment she was in for less than a week. It's such a bizarre thing to have done!
It was only a few days, it's where the infamous photo of her taking a photo with her tongue comes from. She was there long enough to visit the nearby Sainsbury's local and snaffle all the yellow stickered wet ham and milk. She talked about it being her forever home etc (I can't remember the exact wording) then she dashed back to Southend on a normal train, not the sleeper a few days later. It was all very bizarre. But before she left she had to divest herself of one (one!!!) of the nutribullets she had taken. No idea why, as she had dragged it up with her so it would have been the same effort to take it back home.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
It was only a few days, it's where the infamous photo of her taking a photo with her tongue comes from. She was there long enough to visit the nearby Sainsbury's local and snaffle all the yellow stickered wet ham and milk. She talked about it being her forever home etc (I can't remember the exact wording) then she dashed back to Southend on a normal train, not the sleeper a few days later. It was all very bizarre. But before she left she had to divest herself of one (one!!!) of the nutribullets she had taken. No idea why, as she had dragged it up with her so it would have been the same effort to take it back home.
If it's legitimately for work she can write it off against tax. And probably get FEELINGS from giving it away to some poor person to make slop. I would love to know how much of the culinary tat in her house has been claimed as work expenses

Reactions: 31
Sorry this has absolutely nothing to do with anything being posted about Monroe right now, but whenever I see the words "humiliating trousers", I genuinely burst out laughing. What's the script with them?!
She claimed that her family were so poor when she was growing up that her dad had to hitch-hike 30 miles to work whilst wearing his firefighting uniform, which was particularly humiliating.

Original screenshot from @Sparemethebollocks - but see also the this discussion on thread 380, for instance.

The canal has since speculated that her love of particularly awful trousers - whether they be eye-searing Viv Westwood (RIP) tartan numbers, or £9 cuffed denim joggers - comes from some sort of humiliating-trousered solidarity with her father.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 73
Exciting news lads! A squig has tweeted Jack a picture of a Biscoff Viennetta. We could be in for some top frozen dessert insights this evening.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 67
I’m amazed to see the feed your family for £20 woman is still at it. Admittedly, she does post meal plans, but the amount she buys seems to be tiny to feed a whole family. And the dishes seem to be getting sadder, like root veg casserole just sounds kind of bleak and not very filling as a meal. It just really plays into the rhetoric that people can’t afford to eat well because they rely on ready meals or can’t cook.
It's all bullshit. I've been an Aldi customer for years, shopping for a large family and 7 pets or 23 if you count the stick insects as they like a nice iceberg lettuce. I use a meal plan and I could get the bulk of my groceries for £50-£60 back in January 2020. Prices began to rise steadily during pandemic. Then again with Brexit and now inflation. My shop is now at least £90 and I am still buying the same foods. No alcohol, no excess of junk food, no toys or stuff from the bumf aisle. I get fresh fruit and veg, breads, cereals, cooking ingredients (which varies depending on my stock levels), biscuits, lunchbox snacks, laundry and cleaning items, toiletries, fruit juice, mineral water, milks and spreads. We are a mixed diet household too with vegans veggies and omnivores. Even one of the rabbits is on a special diet bless her. The plain fact is that due to various factors (including climate affecting farming) the price of food has gone up. Jack never talks about that though. It's always Tories are tit. The tories are tit but they aren't to blame for the pandemic or poor harvests. Jack mithers on at conferences about 'during the poverty' but she is too much of a coward to pressure those in power to raise wages and benefits. That's what would help reduce or eradicate food poverty and ensure farmers get a fair price. National poverty keeps Jack Monroe in £££, she will never be a true campaigner. That and she is a lazy arse.

• Heart
Reactions: 95
She claimed that her family were so poor when she was growing up that her dad had to hitch-hike 30 miles to work whilst wearing his firefighting uniform, which was particularly humiliating.

Big Dave has done pretty well to go from having to hitchhike to work in the early 90s to owning outright a 5 bed house [that’s worth about £350k more than he bought it for] and a Harley and being able to retire at 55. Must’ve really… pulled himself up by his bootstraps 🤔

The meal plans seem fine to me . This is the one that was emailed this week -
View attachment 1794816
although definitely not without issues such as the constant ads/aff links for pointless or overpriced stuff with ridiculously unbelievable stories ( like a recent post where she claimed she always bought a new cutlery set for each Christmas/family gatherings) , FYF20 does at least acknowledge that it’s not so much about only spending £20 and more about knowing how to shop around, stretch ingredients, batch cook , make fake aways etc . And more importantly, unlike Jack she doesn’t claim to be a campaigner or to be creating luxury restaurant style 3 course meals out of a tin of own brand spam and the contents of the neighbours compost bin
Reading this spelling of bolognese is the visual equivalent of sticking things under my fingernails.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
It's all bullshit. I've been an Aldi customer for years, shopping for a large family and 7 pets or 23 if you count the stick insects as they like a nice iceberg lettuce. I use a meal plan and I could get the bulk of my groceries for £50-£60 back in January 2020. Prices began to rise steadily during pandemic. Then again with Brexit and now inflation. My shop is now at least £90 and I am still buying the same foods. No alcohol, no excess of junk food, no toys or stuff from the bumf aisle. I get fresh fruit and veg, breads, cereals, cooking ingredients (which varies depending on my stock levels), biscuits, lunchbox snacks, laundry and cleaning items, toiletries, fruit juice, mineral water, milks and spreads. We are a mixed diet household too with vegans veggies and omnivores. Even one of the rabbits is on a special diet bless her. The plain fact is that due to various factors (including climate affecting farming) the price of food has gone up. Jack never talks about that though. It's always Tories are tit. The tories are tit but they aren't to blame for the pandemic or poor harvests. Jack mithers on at conferences about 'during the poverty' but she is too much of a coward to pressure those in power to raise wages and benefits. That's what would help reduce or eradicate food poverty and ensure farmers get a fair price. National poverty keeps Jack Monroe in £££, she will never be a true campaigner. That and she is a lazy arse.
She is a one-trick pony. The increase in prices for lots of stuff--food and other consumer goods--as well as the general availability is the result of many factors. I found Jack's ire at the disappearance of bargain brand lemon curd (which is snooty food in the US, period) pretty damn funny. As a tremendous consumer of all kinds of purchase-ables, she really doesn't understand her role in capitalism much less how the larger world affects her access.

Reactions: 21
View attachment 1794816
although definitely not without issues such as the constant ads/aff links for pointless or overpriced stuff with ridiculously unbelievable stories ( like a recent post where she claimed she always bought a new cutlery set for each Christmas/family gatherings) , FYF20 does at least acknowledge that it’s not so much about only spending £20 and more about knowing how to shop around, stretch ingredients, batch cook , make fake aways etc . And more importantly, unlike Jack she doesn’t claim to be a campaigner or to be creating luxury restaurant style 3 course meals out of a tin of own brand spam and the contents of the neighbours compost bin
Used to follow her, stopped when the sponsored links became a bit much. She's done a good job enlightening people over the years though, and still miles better than JM.

Reactions: 15
She is a one-trick pony. The increase in prices for lots of stuff--food and other consumer goods--as well as the general availability is the result of many factors. I found Jack's ire at the disappearance of bargain brand lemon curd (which is snooty food in the US, period) pretty damn funny. As a tremendous consumer of all kinds of purchase-ables, she really doesn't understand her role in capitalism much less how the larger world affects her access.
If I had a Twitter account I might consider tagging her in a series of angry tweets about the lack of vegan mince pies in Aldi this year.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
View attachment 1794816
Agree, the aff links are annoying but I can’t begrudge her making an income as she does seem to work hard at this. And she’s got the right message.

Reactions: 19
Congratulations dear heart
That reminds me I need to add the Edinburgh slopbullet (etc.) to the stocktake ✍

View attachment 1793802

What are the odds all this just got binned
I wonder who begged hard enough for the nutribullet.

I am loving all the slopbot gifts.

Re. pineapples, they do grow in Hawaii, right?
I remember an anecdote where Bette Midler described how she worked in a pineapple factory in Hawaii 🔺. She described herself as 'Chief Chunker', that memory has stayed with me for 84 years.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Seeing ur work and ur VS Code on these threads will never not make me smile TS ❤ 99% of my workday tattle time is enabled by waiting for git actions to pass and sometimes I do pointless commits just to buy chaos enjoying time. It’s truly the frau’s best friend lol. I still laugh at the frau who creates a slideshow of two pics to flick between for working day chaoses - was that u @hydeist ? 😂

On topic - imagine if we get a post work Christmas party burger boy?? 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
Can I just say how excited I am to see other web adjacent pals on this thread?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.