Jack Monroe #437 C U Next Wednesday

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Off-topic, but:

Several months ago (a couple of decades in Jackyears), someone shared on here a really fascinating 2-part long-form article about a Grey's Anatomy writer who had been lying about having cancer. The writer has now admitted her lies: https://theankler.com/p/the-greys-anatomy-liar-confesses

Very interesting for those of us interested in compulsive liars! Particularly for those who insist that "there's always a grain of truth"...nope, there isn't.
Thank you for that most interesting link @colouredlines. The parallels are quite uncanny. Really makes you think.

“This sounds like a classic case of factitious disorder,” says Dr. Marc D. Feldman..

Instead, she kept inventing new lies, some to cover her tracks, taking them as far as she could.

She always had some tragedy or bizarre hardship going on in her life,” remembers one colleague. “Things that don’t happen to other people happen to her all the time.”

Literally every part of this woman’s story could be grafted onto Jack’s. The main schtick of cancer becomes poverty, but otherwise it’s like it’s from a playbook.
Absolutely, I was really struck by that.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Right, so aside from the puppy=baby cringe... "several" means at least 3. In the 6? months she was with a suitably equipped OH. That's a pretty concerted effort. And why has she put the word "lost" between tildes, as if it isn't actually ~true~.
The tildes ~honestly~ make me want to smash things.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
This is how you do it Jack
Screenshot_20221208-151703.png

And in the replies...

Screenshot_20221208-151721.png

Never heard of the bloke, only came up cause I follow TT on Twitter and they liked it.

• Heart
Reactions: 71
Right, so aside from the puppy=baby cringe... "several" means at least 3. In the 6? months she was with a suitably equipped OH. That's a pretty concerted effort. And why has she put the word "lost" between tildes, as if it isn't actually ~true~.
I am also unclear how having experienced several tragic losses means that having a dog and a baby is pretty much the same thing. I am similarly astonished that anyone, having experienced such trauma would casually chuck it out as a gotcha in such a stupid argument. It's almost as if
she's lying.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 83
Off-topic, but:

Several months ago (a couple of decades in Jackyears), someone shared on here a really fascinating 2-part long-form article about a Grey's Anatomy writer who had been lying about having cancer. The writer has now admitted her lies: https://theankler.com/p/the-greys-anatomy-liar-confesses

Very interesting for those of us interested in compulsive liars! Particularly for those who insist that "there's always a grain of truth"...nope, there isn't.
What a fascinating read. 100% agree that a lot of it could easily be talking about Jack, with The Poverty replacing the cancer. Particularly interesting to read how 'after years of carefully spinning an elaborate backstory of fictionalized stories, she had lost control of her own narrative'.

Jack - here's a suggestion for free. Why not come clean and agree to some kind of long read journalism piece which highlights all of the lies? At this stage it's your best bet for forgiveness and a career reset. You know what the alternative is? This:

"When Finch turned her phone back on and scrolled through her texts and emails, she realized life as she knew it was over.

“From that point on, I was cut off pretty quickly from everything,” she tells me. “I slowly started to see people blocking me on Instagram and other social media. It was so universal that I don’t know if an email went out or everyone just got together and decided ‘no thank you.’”"

Reactions: 61
This was it. And in typical Jack style she throws it out when somebody had questioned her comment that having a puppy was the same as having a baby.

View attachment 1791907
Here’s the link to @Marmalade Atkins screenies of the full chat. There was more. Including all the very friendly person’s replies, and apology BEFORE Jack even weaponized pregnancy loss .
ETA just to be clear, Harold had literally just LEFT on 19th June. That is less than 72 hours before she started weaponizing that triggering bullshit, which she did moments after midnight on 22nd June.
62CEB681-5C0C-417C-A9A0-87B48E39EC50.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
This was the line that stood out for me most in that article about Elizabeth Finch, I see it has already been posted

“Things that don’t happen to other people happen to her all the time.”

Jack in a nutshell.

Reading that article after Finch alleged her brother abused her and she lied because of 'trauma'

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 60

Yel

I hate to be that person 😬, but it's best to stop with the fake receipts unless it's blatantly obvious like a ms paint job.

Otherwise people will then start questioning if every post is a joke or not, and there's been a bit of confusion today.

• Heart
Reactions: 79
I have been musing and have a question. You know when Jack unplugged the fridge for TWO YEARS?

In that time she lived in and moved from the Royal Mews with NO DRIVE and NO GARDEN to the flat with the mirror tile painted aubergine-not-aubergine kitchen, then from there to a mattress on a floor in a shared house, then from there in with PoPo fiancée, then out of there and into the “BRRRR Jack” flat “with large windows and wooden floors”, from which she moved in with Leggy.

As she lived with other people for part of that unplugged fridge TWO YEARS, were her housemates in the “mattress house” and her PoPo girlfriend just super chill, letting her move in and unplug their fridge, leaving it unplugged til she moved out?

Or did Jack have a very special unplugged fridge of her own that she moved from place to place in a Yaris and Sainsbury’s “Bag for Lifes” and placed forlornly next to the other people’s plugged in fridges?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 77
I hate to be that person 😬, but it's best to stop with the fake receipts unless it's blatantly obvious like a ms paint job.

Otherwise people will then start questioning if every post is a joke or not, and there's been a bit of confusion today.
Guilty as charged, sorry! Won't do it again.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18

Thanks @Yel and that makes complete sense, guilty for quote posting and sorry!
CONFESSIONS OF A SH1TTER
246801AD-9FF4-4858-939F-4B3397030F46.jpeg

(allegedly, your Honour)

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Here’s the link to @Marmalade Atkins screenies of the full chat. There was more. Including all the very friendly person’s replies, and apology BEFORE Jack even weaponized pregnancy loss .
ETA just to be clear, Harold had literally just LEFT on 19th June. That is less than 72 hours before she started weaponizing that triggering bullshit, which she did moments after midnight on 22nd June.
View attachment 1792027
The "I'll delete my reply so people don't pile on" bit at the end is telling - she knows exactly what the flying monkeys are like, and how much power she has over them.

(or had over them, at any rate. I think her grip has slipped a bit since then...)

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Off-topic, but:

👀
I had the impression from the article that the author believes that Finch is still lying, for example about the abuse by her still-alive brother.

Reactions: 31
Home hacks from bleeping Stig of the Dump. Lol.
Windows made from jam jars (if you could afford it mummy, with the sixpence price increase, mummy) and a flue made from all the empty rinsed spaghetti hoops/baked bean tins

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Just seen sad news regarding Celine. Looks like Jack won’t be singing to her or a hologram of her anytime soon.

Poor Celine regarding illness ❤.

Wonder how quickly Jack can read here and spin this around to her/film herself doing a rendition of Think Twice in the shower?
Wonder how quickly Jack will start mentioning symptoms that sound oddly akin to a certain very rare neurological condition?

• Sad
Reactions: 30
What a fascinating read. 100% agree that a lot of it could easily be talking about Jack, with The Poverty replacing the cancer. Particularly interesting to read how 'after years of carefully spinning an elaborate backstory of fictionalized stories, she had lost control of her own narrative'.

Jack - here's a suggestion for free. Why not come clean and agree to some kind of long read journalism piece which highlights all of the lies? At this stage it's your best bet for forgiveness and a career reset. You know what the alternative is? This:

"When Finch turned her phone back on and scrolled through her texts and emails, she realized life as she knew it was over.

“From that point on, I was cut off pretty quickly from everything,” she tells me. “I slowly started to see people blocking me on Instagram and other social media. It was so universal that I don’t know if an email went out or everyone just got together and decided ‘no thank you.’”"
I would expect JM to see what happens to Finch in the aftermath of this piece. If it goes well then expect a mea culpa but it would be impossible to accept with doubting how genuine it is.

Reactions: 15
Jack, if you’re reading (lol and you obviously are), it might serve you well to think long and hard about something.

The mods have had to delete posts, caution posters and there has been legitimate confusion here about other posts, because based on your own behaviour over the years and what you continue to put out there, even outlandish joking statements (eg you posting on Twitter addressing shitting in bags, you getting the room number of the hotel you stayed in with OH tattooed onto you for SPITE) aren’t unequivocally obvious as jokes.

To reiterate a different way. Based in the context of the stuff that you actually do, say, have done and have put out there, these things and others equally outlandish are so entirely within the realm of possibility as something YOU MIGHT LEGITIMATELY ACTUALLY HAVE DONE that it’s entirely believable you did them too.

Now, I don’t know about you, but at 34 years old, had that been pointed out to me, I’d have had a long, hard think about my life and the way I wanted to live it. Cos this (gestures around to all your nonsense) ain’t it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.