Jack Monroe #434 The price of jam: Will it be £40 by the end of the year?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The actor who played him was a local, he took his own life a few years ago
As awful as his loss is, he didn't take his own life. I remembered reading about a pain in his arm and looked him up after reading here and it was sudden death in his sleep.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
From the @kachoochoo list of coming soons, here is hummus price increase reason
1. War in Ukraine
2. US chickpea planting down 5% (4th highest chickpea exporter in the world)
3. Global shipping issues
4. Difficult weather conditions impacting crop.

Sources: kitchn, food&wine, Guardian. Time needed to softly gently painstakingly research these reasons I knew nothing of and post this? 3 minutes 120 hours. You’re welcome, Jack.

As that one was so easy, this week I will also do swamp thing. Oh, actually come to think of it…
(pic my very own, taken last month, no research needed. Jack you are FORBIDDEN from stealing this pic and changing the alligator’s head into a rinsed bean and randomly chucking Paxo into the water to pass it off as your own work)
B7DD4CA1-86AB-4FEB-867C-2125EAFE0D78.jpeg
Finally, thanks to @Bugger13 evocative description of said “Gypsy Rose glasses”, now I can never, ever see Marcus Jack without also seeing this.
AA5A42F3-2164-4F52-8614-AB9676D626EE.jpeg
809D95B3-B3DE-4F23-9DC1-8C99D694BD65.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
I was thinking this too. I read a tweet from a squig asking how the move went a couple of days ago. I bet she's itching to live tweet the chaos.
Heart excoriated. Shoulders crumbled. 128 boxes of burden packed and then painstakingly unpacked. Another lightbulb in another socket. Read the blog post.

• Haha
Reactions: 59
Heart excoriated. Shoulders crumbled. 128 boxes of burden packed and then painstakingly unpacked. Another lightbulb in another socket. Read the blog post.
'Exhausted. Jaw throbbing with an infection. On bed/sofa with a wriggly dog snuggling up. But happy. Oh so happy and hopeful for a future. I still battle the darkness at all times but at last a small flickering light has appeared. Peace friends 🙏'

• Haha
Reactions: 74
Her latching onto Marcus, patronising him in that article - 'bashful' 🤮, inferring they were working on something, then constantly @ him in tweets but being ignored will never not be funny.
Plus then the GQ article where he and Fingers openly laughed at her meatballs 👩‍🍳 💋 And all this when she was still considered untouchable.
I just went back to this, in which Jack uses AAVE to chastise Marcus

Screenshot 2022-11-30 at 08.33.14.png

And noticed this was the top reply .....

Screenshot 2022-11-30 at 08.33.27.png

Jack, a white woman, accusing Marcus, a Black man, of 'caucasity'. So that's nice.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 89
The longer Jack is away the more it all seems like a fever dream. Why did she film herself singing that thing in the bathroom at the google sleepover? She’s a food writer!?
...and what did the google execs in the neighbouring cabins think of it all?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.