Jack Monroe #434 The price of jam: Will it be £40 by the end of the year?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She did tweet a while back about mixing kaya with Smartprice crunchy peanut butter which I can only imagine was disgusting

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Ljc she eats like a child. Can you even imagine her going to an actual nice restaurant?
She'd just sit there honking away about how she could make the entire meal for 37p and a farthing using yellow sticker food and Smart Price tins.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I know she takes on a lot of contradictory personalities, but I’m not sure she’d dare go for Jewish after years of £1 cooking bacon, black pudding, and bollock sausages.
I dunno, she went for vegan…

• Haha
Reactions: 27
If it keeps her off the hellsite an wherever else online, I'm at least happy to learn about new things here such as fogging etc...
Long may she disappear into the ether or fog, never to come back.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Apparently Julia Hartley- Brewer and someone called Jasmine mentioned Jack on the radio today in a discussion about food poverty. Some squigs (usual suspects) are disgruntled.

Screenshot 2022-11-30 12.41.29.png

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
Ljc she eats like a child. Can you even imagine her going to an actual nice restaurant?
This is a comment of great importance. I recommend it as a thought provoking thread title.

And I suggest a new game: "Can you even imagine Jack...?"

Can you even imagine Jack changing bed sheets? The hilarity! The chaos! The exciting discoveries of efficiency only Jack could unveil.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Was it Kaya? Like a coconut curd.

ETA Mendacious Trumpet got there first!
🤔 not sure I mithered about the price in #312 but can’t find the original screenie. I had never heard of it. looked in Waitrose and M&S neither of whom stocked it, so googled and was shocked at the price plus delivery. I thought nobody who was ever short of money would pay that for jam. Just wondered how much it was now

Reactions: 11
Imagine if Jack Is a 'powerful frau' (in her own mind anyway) and that is why her career has been nosediving for ages now: trying to keep up with these threads!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
This is a comment of great importance. I recommend it as a thought provoking thread title.

Can you even imagine Jack changing bed sheets? The hilarity! The chaos! The exciting discoveries of efficiency only Jack could unveil.
Can you imagine if instead of setting up a Jack thread on here, one had been set up by angry Jack stans about how awful THAT MAN is. Can you imagine how quickly Jack would have put in an appearance and poured petrol on the flames?

• Haha
Reactions: 38
🤔 not sure I mithered about the price in #312 but can’t find the original screenie. I had never heard of it. looked in Waitrose and M&S neither of whom stocked it, so googled and was shocked at the price plus delivery. I thought nobody who was ever short of money would pay that for jam. Just wondered how much it was now
Mr Beacon pays for ridiculous single variety artisan olive oil to be delivered from a farm in France, but he is a posh wanker who WORKS in a well paid job and likes a treat

Can you imagine if Jack had an ounce of humility and approached the work opportunities she's had with grateful, professional diligence rather than a grotesque sense of entitlement and demanding special treatment?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34

She certainly has a magical technique of making supposedly-fresh sheets look like they've already been on the bed for about a month - see SB's New Bedroom etc.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.