Jack Monroe #432 From £7.92 no refunds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Controversial but I really dislike Mowgli. I never, ever find it hits the spot the way it promises. If I’m being 100% honest I’d say it’s style over substance.
OT- it started dropping in quality the more branches opened around the country. Originally it was one, then two, and the ingredients were obviously able to be sourced in smaller, better quality quantities. Over reaching itself now IMHO

Reactions: 9
Thank(space)you, darling snottyb. I can now sleep soundly knowing it was Ted Baker. More fool me for assuming she had taste!
Was this post before or after her tour de force "should I text my celebrity crush?" of March 2017? She apologizes for showing her fab Ted Baker bra in the pic. Wasn't Jack "sober" in March 2017? Or something? She describes hitting the pub while waiting 2 hrs for pizza dough to rise.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I hadn't realised that the deposit she lost on the flat when she met Leggy was a buying deposit. I thought she'd paid like £1k deposit to rent and always wondered why she made such a fuss about it
How much was a flat deposit in those days? It's so extreme to give up £20k (a guess, your honour) on a relationship only a week old

eta this is me interpreting that the deposit was to buy a house, happy to be corrected if wrong!
You wouldn't lose a deposit on a bought flat. You may be in trouble and lose money if you pulled out after exchange as its a done deal at that point and also about 3 months down the line. Some dodgey estate agents have a deposit down policy to 'save' a property but that comes off your final amount and they have no right to keep it, if you pursue it legally.
You transfer your deposit about 10 days/ a week before exchange of contracts when buying. If exchange doesn't happen within the next 7 days your conveyancer will transfer it back to you because they cannot hold it for any longer.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I was curious about the timeline because I couldn’t believe Leggy would have taken that “Bae caught me nekkid sleeping with my honorary degree” in July 2015, but she didn’t cos they split in June.
E62AA86E-A6A9-47B8-A212-C29826FADDF8.jpeg

ETA TW mental health,suicide

It seems a tad Haroldesque that they were proclaiming their love and sexiness as late as mid-May before Leggy dumped her. It’s the clit clams one. WARNED.
Interestingly, i found the “ended in June” in a Times interview that Jack did that November. Even MORE interestingly, it says she had a nervous breakdown “at the beginning of the year and they split “roughly five months later” so the breakdown was in January- early feb at the latest.
49188FD9-9F8F-4F65-8A8B-589095222F99.jpeg
BCF80AD8-37A4-4ED3-B305-1B1ECCAB4013.jpeg

But she claimed in 2017 that it was because of Katie Hopkins tweets and the aftermath, which were on…18 MAY, a week after that loved up article with Leggy and months after “the beginning of the year”
950C0644-B295-442C-AF84-8A23E5A7A65D.jpeg

This is from Guardian 2016
18D80649-8C66-48D0-81C8-A7F20E5BBC2F.jpeg

So this breakdown “about 5 months before” June 2015 was a full on “thing” that left her unable to function, and with months of treatment.

Throughout this “full breakdown”, she published posts and recipes on her blog, mostly in a jolly and perky tone
7 posts after she broke her foot on Jan 10
15 posts in February
15 posts in March (including getting an award and gleefully going to the do on 2nd March)
14 posts in April (including the live below the line challenge where she’s “palming” carrots and scowling at yogurt)
In addition, on the Guardian she had
5 articles in Jan
6 in Feb
5 in March (including topically arguing like duck in the comments about leaving Labour and joining Greens which she did in mid-March)
6 in April
1 in May (including topically arguing like duck about Cameron and firefighters)
I’ve got to tell you that nothing much about Jack surprises me, but this stuns me.
Here’s a link to that 2015 Times article as it’s behind a paywall.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Someone was just wondering about a bra?

View attachment 1755653

if only!

View attachment 1755656
Christ she's a baw hair off turning into an actual flasher. I know a lot of people struggle with body image but she needs to make up her mind. One minute she's so horrified by her tits she wants them removed, the next she's thrusting them into the faces of startled onlookers in a make up group or flashing the nation on the BBC.

• Haha
Reactions: 59
There's only one route I can see her going now to carry on the grift. Forgiving audience? Charitable? Community? Attention? Yep folks, she'll be saying she's been saved by LJC (not that one) soon enough. Christian brothers, sisters and others on here...no offence intended.
Find Jesus.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
A £5k deposit on a rental flat?! How insanely expensive was the rent??!!!!!!! And that was 8 years ago!!!
If the rent was £1500 pcm then the bond back then was likely about £3,700/ £4k maybe more for 'pets bond', plus fees for referencing and guarantor referencing fees? £5k is not far off.

ETA They still wouldn't have be able to keep the bond. Just the fees paid and potentially a first month's rent.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
If the rent was £1500 pcm then the bond back then was likely about £3,700/ £4k maybe more for 'pets bond', plus fees for referencing and guarantor referencing fees? £5k is not far off.
Absolutely but a £1500 pcm rent for a single mum pleading poverty is an enormous amount.

Reactions: 42
Was this post before or after her tour de force "should I text my celebrity crush?" of March 2017? She apologizes for showing her fab Ted Baker bra in the pic. Wasn't Jack "sober" in March 2017? Or something? She describes hitting the pub while waiting 2 hrs for pizza dough to rise.
Hmm.

Per the sobriety timeline (here: https://tattle.life/threads/jack-monroe-228-the-winter-of-our-fishcontent.25280/post-7441325 for anyone who hasn't seen it before) Jack had announced her drinking problem and given up the booze a couple of times in 2016. She went sober for Lent in March 2017, but it lasted about a week.

She (temporarily) gave up drink again a week after this Mrs Gloss post. I'd like to think that looking at that godawful haircut in the mirror scared her sober.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Just looked over at my first tattle love - Sarah Akwisombe thread (can you imagine that I would look at the growing numbers of Jack threads and I would HUFF AND PUFF with disbelief for the first couple of months!???) and someone posted this. I think it suits Jackie to the T.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Absolutely but a £1500 pcm rent for a single mum pleading poverty is an enormous amount.
The bungalow de merde is apparently about £1,600 a month (I believe her on this because she got it pre-Covid. It would be a lot more now). She claims she was dropped in it with LJC leaving but it appears she was planning to rent somewhere just as pricy in the past.

Reactions: 37
Is Mowgli now a chain in Wales?
Yes, they’re everywhere now. Noticed one in Glasgow last time I was home and WARNED my sister there’s a hundred better places to eat Indian food in Glasgow and she shouldn’t SHANT be bothered wasting her time going to Mowgli.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Yes, they’re everywhere now. Noticed one in Glasgow last time I was home and WARNED my sister there’s a hundred better places to eat Indian food in Glasgow and she shouldn’t SHANT be bothered wasting her time going to Mowgli.
I like Mowgli better than Dishoom tho 😱

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

ETA They still wouldn't have be able to keep the bond. Just the fees paid and potentially a first month's rent.
Nowadays the max deposit (for 5 years been the case) legally is 5 weeks (in England)

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.