Jack Monroe #432 From £7.92 no refunds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think two main reasons. Firstly, the money. Without someone else’s income to spunk, she’s going to end up with a sad, Des Kaye-style existence. Stacking her own book on the shelves in Asda and hoping customers recognise her. She knows getting married and getting a meal ticket baby in her is her best bet right now.

Also I think there’s an element of owning the haterz on this one. A whirlwind romance and wedding shows that she’s oh so cool and desirable and she has the bestest of relationships ever. Not like all those boring old couples who wait a couple of years before even considering moving in together. Oh no, this person just couldn’t live another day without being married to Jack. It’s just so womantic.
This! I also think she likes to imagine that none of us are in healthy, fulfilling relationships because it suits her troll narrative that we are a load of bitter, unattractive people who can't hold down a relationship. Or worse still, people who need one to prove something to someone else *cough Jack cough*

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
One of my local history societies had asked Neil Oliver to speak once and he quoted 7k. So glad that never happened and not just because of the cashos
Brian Cox used to charge 10 grand for half a day, I know as a friend booked him for an event, a local school that allegedly has no money had him come for the full day!

I used to book the keynote speaker for a national science conference, we were very cash poor and could only pay expenses but we had a few good people come, Brian May couldn't as he was touring but said contact him again (then covid hit), our parent association had David Attenborough as chair and he happily trundled along and spoke for nothing.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 73
It's over, isn't it? If the Guardian wants shot of her, that's it. Done.

ETA: Jack, if you are reading this, and I know you are...

Whatever is happening in your personal or work life, please remember that there are two innocent animals that rely 100% on you. Content and Cooper have nobody else, so please remember to take good care of them. Thank you.

• Heart
Reactions: 75
Brian Cox used to charge 10 grand for half a day, I know as a friend booked him for an event, a local school that allegedly has no money had him come for the full day!

I used to book the keynote speaker for a national science conference, we were very cash poor and could only pay expenses but we had a few good people come, Brian May couldn't as he was touring but said contact him again (then covid hit), our parent association had David Attenborough as chair and he happily trundled along and spoke for nothing.
We had Gandalf and he was free.

(possibly the best moment of my teaching career)

(do you mean Brian Cox as in Prof or actor? Not that in matters. I think at the moment the latter might be able to command a greater fee.)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
That's totally a clip-on ponytail or extensions. And not done by a trained professional.
I mean, I don’t know. Her tattoos, filler and that reverse mullet she had were supposedly done by professionals. I just don’t think her professionals are very good at their er…professions.

Probably cos just like her therapist publisher, her coffee shop worker dog groomer and her Sunday school teacher accountant they’re all (much like the thieving SlopGoblin herself) Jacks of all trades, decent at none.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I know some are waiting on Vimes, Patreon refunds & the new book,
I’m still awaiting for the granola FFS

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Have we seen this? A "draw-along" summary of the speech that Jack gave in Glasgow in June.

ETA: "Engage with the community you're trying to help", like that imaginary volunteering at the food bank, eh, Jackie?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 63
Imagine the poor sod who got the insane email from her. They'll have had to wade through a duck ton of fabricated but still triggering graphic content and the obligatory I will kill myself and it'll be all your fault teenager style histrionics.

ETA: It is embarrassing she was awarded that doctorate, though nowhere near embarrassing as her using it on social media when she'd done duck all to merit it because most of the stuff she claims to have done is fabricated. I couldn't give a duck if she finds that distressing and I'm not sorry.
I worked really, really bleeping hard for my PhD, as do so many others and I have no problem with honorary doctorates but she tried to make out on twitter she was not honorary. I'm sure she was called out on it but out of all the lies, that one grated my mushrooms most.

WTF is Mrs Gloss and the Goss please?
A beauty page on fb full of huns

• Heart
Reactions: 57
WTF is Mrs Gloss and the Goss please?
It is a Facebook group that Jack frequented during the great destitution where she posted hundreds of photos of herself and her plethora of high end makeup. Happy to help ~ xoxo ~

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
I've been to Porthcawl and stayed in a very unusual B & B, where the owner also ran a massage business, and had a huge albino newt in a tank in the breakfast room.

I went on the little train that goes round the town and it was brilliant! toot toot!!!
I went to that slate mining museum with the little preserved cottages as a kid so am declaring myself more knowledgeable than Jack on Welsh housing issues.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
All the restaurants that Welsh fraus have recommended have such lovely names! I want to go to Cosy Club.
These are a chain, they also have Lounges. Quite quirky places and reasonable food. OT, sorry. Jack could never.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Gender discussion not important here, let's not derail, but lol "women who are trans inclusive like Jack Monroe". The old "waahh they're all transphobic towards me" defence is really working.
View attachment 1754184
Which sucks. Because there are plenty of trans-inclusive people, like me, who think Jack is a horrible bleeping person. The identity armor is thick.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.